Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022

"Square Enix Makes me sad" LMFAO

They've been knocking it out of the park all year, they released like 20 games last year.

what exactly are they sad about? Oh...
:unsure::ROFLMAO:
Clearly, very sad, considering they refused to buy that Crisis Core remaster.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
I don't see any issue! What did you expect? Do you think you're entitled to free speech just because it's a forum? Buy an xbox if you want to have a voice in the internet! Not my problem!
the sheer delusion, LOL!

"welcome to the square enix final fantasy 35th anniversary celebration.

first, we must pay respects to the microsoft xbox, an american system that did not even exist when we created the Final Fantasy series 35 years ago.

Please sign into gamepass today for the stealth release of final fantasy 7 remake"

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Very well, the challenge is set!

Baby Noms GIF by BBs

Well prepare yourself my friend, I don't take prisoners as you can see from the video above.

After dispatching @Old Gamer i then smashed that lightweight @TubzGaming as well.

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023

They've been knocking it out of the park all year, they released like 20 games last year.

But not the games they want and it's Square enix so there always someone who just hate Square

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
man, as a REAL Square Enix fan i've never seen them be better.

We got a fucking localized live a live remake. Triangle strategy's the best game of its type since FF tactics.

Tactics Ogre remaster, Crisis Core remaster, I even subbed to play FF14, the game is absolutely killing it. It did so well they had to actively stop subscriptions for awhile because the servers were overloaded with players. :LOL:

The Nier series, FF16... FF7Remake pt 2... rumours of FF9 and FFX projects in the works. It's been hit after hit.

2 mainline dragon quest games on the way... dq11 being one of the best JRPGs ever.

S-E is on fire

TwistedSyn

10 Jul 2022
So a gentleman by the name of David Faulkner was on a podcast last night and gave out some interesting info based on how if this deal goes through, it's really not a win for MS. David is a Financial Analyst and also has actual stake in MS. Starts at 1:52:34.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022

That's the problem.

They're releasing a lot of games and barely any of them are decent. The best game they put out last year was a Switch SRPG. Most of their other output was received mostly poorly. I think you would agree to that as it's not a controversial or biased statement in any way.

• haha
Reactions: BigMclargeHuge

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
That's the problem.

They're releasing a lot of games and barely any of them are decent. The best game they put out last year was a Switch SRPG. Most of their other output was received mostly poorly. I think you would agree to that as it's not a controversial or biased statement in any way.
Cope harder, it amuses us.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Latest meltdown is with this article

Specifically this bit

The F.T.C. opposed Microsoft’s bid to acquire Activision in a lawsuit filed in December. Microsoft’s legal team also expects the antitrust authority in Britain to oppose the transaction, while it believes the European Commission is open to potential remedies, according to four people briefed on the matter who were not authorized to speak publicly.

Have no idea how old this information is though with MS expecting CMA to oppose it.

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
Latest meltdown is with this article

Specifically this bit

Have no idea how old this information is though with MS expecting CMA to oppose it.
The deal does require all three of FTC, CMA and EU to approve it, though. So, I don't know what are they hoping for.

P

peter42O

So let's get this right, You are unhappy that people don't want Microsoft to steal their beloved franchises that have been available to people for decades, and if the deal does not go through, then to make it worse, your solution is to fucking steal even more of people's beloved games, Read that sentence again Peter, and try to think about what you are actually saying to me.

I have been playing Bethesda games for decades and now because of Microsoft and their Greedy failed management dealings, instead of creating and investing in more quality studios they just go out and buy them, again with the intention of stealing them from people like me by making their produced content exclusive.

And, to top it off, your absolutely ridiculous solution to all of this is, well, just buy another console.

Would you like to sponsor me for an Xbox, maybe the xbox asking price is not too much to you but it is to me it is, games are a fucking luxury in today's climate, and to add a console to my shopping basket is out of the question.

Why should I now have to go out of pocket for games that have been available to me on my preferred machine for decades?

It sounds to me the only person you are interested in is you, not the millions of gamers that shit like this is affecting.

So yes, your stance is shameful.

The problem is that you think it's stealing or this or that when in reality it's not. NOTHING Microsoft has acquired or will acquire is owned by Sony nor are they or anyone for that matter entitled to any of it. If Sony wants something so badly, they should buy it themselves.

Doesn't matter if something was on PlayStation for years or decades. That literally means nothing because Sony doesn't own the rights or anything to it. You're coming off as just because it was on PlayStation at one point or another from an independent publisher who quite honestly, can do whatever they want including selling their company to a hardware manufacturer is that you're somehow always entitled to having it on PlayStation. Doesn't work that way.

Why shouldn't Microsoft make what they buy exclusive? Why should they make what they bought available to other platforms? Sony acquired Naughty Dog, Guerrilla, Sucker Punch, etc. so by your reasoning, every game they've created should ALSO be on Xbox because why not? Sony didn't create those studios. They acquired them. And thus, if they didn't, nothing you've gotten from them would even exist. There would be no Uncharted, no Horizon, no Killzone, etc. So it's okay for Sony to acquire studios that will then create and develop games but Microsoft can't buy anything and do the same?

If Google ended up with Bethesda and kept everything exclusive to Stadia because yeah, they would have, would you still be complaining? If Sony acquires a publisher and keeps everything exclusive, would you still say that they should be available on Xbox? Of course you wouldn't. Sony and PlayStation are the favorites who can do no wrong and whenever it looks like Microsoft may do something that makes it bad for Sony and PlayStation, everyone wants to throw a fit. Oh well.

Me wanting to see Nadella pay for GTA 6 or whatever if the deal falls through is simple - Sony has literally done this for 27+ years. You and others here don't seem to have any issues with that whatsoever because it favors YOUR platform of choice, right? And since no one cares about when Sony does that, then why should you or anyone care if Microsoft does the same?

Microsoft paid for Rise of the Tomb Raider over 7 years ago and people still bitch about that today. Why? Because it wasn't Sony that paid for it? Being on a platform for years or decades means nothing. The Elder Scrolls was on Xbox original long before it ever went to PlayStation but yet, you still feel like you're owed it right? You're not. You're just not.

As for me saying, buying the other console. Fuck yeah. Buy the other box. I did. Why can't anyone else? If Bethesda's games for example are so important to you and you want to play them, like truly play them. Then what's stopping you? Money? That's a lame ass excuse because gaming has always been an expensive hobby/luxury. Gaming is NOT a necessity. If someone can't afford to have the consoles to game, then I'll say it straight out - quit gaming. Live within your means. I don't have the money to travel the world or do other shit but I don't cry about others being able to do it. That's not a them problem, that's a me problem. Same situation here. It's not any different regardless of how you want to look at it.

Everyone wants what they want on their own platform of choice but life doesn't work that way and neither does the gaming industry because for every complaint against what Microsoft has done or will do, Sony has done the same. It doesn't matter if it's a publisher, a studio or an individual game. You're still taking games away from both sides or does it only count when it goes one way?

One thing I have realized here and in general with PlayStation fans is that if Microsoft buys a studio or publisher, you cry. If Microsoft were to build studios from the ground up like The Initiative and then can't release anything for years or however long it may be, you bash them.

Microsoft can't win either way. They will never ever win ANY OF YOU over regardless of what they do so why even bother? If im Microsoft, I concentrate on the Xbox user base and focus on those who don't have any issues with buying and owning an Xbox to play the games that they want to play, exclusive or not. For those that have a problem with this, stay with your PlayStation and whatever you get, you get and that's it.

• Surprised
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
The problem is that you think it's stealing or this or that when in reality it's not. NOTHING Microsoft has acquired or will acquire is owned by Sony nor are they or anyone for that matter entitled to any of it. If Sony wants something so badly, they should buy it themselves.

Doesn't matter if something was on PlayStation for years or decades. That literally means nothing because Sony doesn't own the rights or anything to it. You're coming off as just because it was on PlayStation at one point or another from an independent publisher who quite honestly, can do whatever they want including selling their company to a hardware manufacturer is that you're somehow always entitled to having it on PlayStation. Doesn't work that way.

Why shouldn't Microsoft make what they buy exclusive? Why should they make what they bought available to other platforms? Sony acquired Naughty Dog, Guerrilla, Sucker Punch, etc. so by your reasoning, every game they've created should ALSO be on Xbox because why not? Sony didn't create those studios. They acquired them. And thus, if they didn't, nothing you've gotten from them would even exist. There would be no Uncharted, no Horizon, no Killzone, etc. So it's okay for Sony to acquire studios that will then create and develop games but Microsoft can't buy anything and do the same?

If Google ended up with Bethesda and kept everything exclusive to Stadia because yeah, they would have, would you still be complaining? If Sony acquires a publisher and keeps everything exclusive, would you still say that they should be available on Xbox? Of course you wouldn't. Sony and PlayStation are the favorites who can do no wrong and whenever it looks like Microsoft may do something that makes it bad for Sony and PlayStation, everyone wants to throw a fit. Oh well.

Me wanting to see Nadella pay for GTA 6 or whatever if the deal falls through is simple - Sony has literally done this for 27+ years. You and others here don't seem to have any issues with that whatsoever because it favors YOUR platform of choice, right? And since no one cares about when Sony does that, then why should you or anyone care if Microsoft does the same?

Microsoft paid for Rise of the Tomb Raider over 7 years ago and people still bitch about that today. Why? Because it wasn't Sony that paid for it? Being on a platform for years or decades means nothing. The Elder Scrolls was on Xbox original long before it ever went to PlayStation but yet, you still feel like you're owed it right? You're not. You're just not.

As for me saying, buying the other console. Fuck yeah. Buy the other box. I did. Why can't anyone else? If Bethesda's games for example are so important to you and you want to play them, like truly play them. Then what's stopping you? Money? That's a lame ass excuse because gaming has always been an expensive hobby/luxury. Gaming is NOT a necessity. If someone can't afford to have the consoles to game, then I'll say it straight out - quit gaming. Live within your means. I don't have the money to travel the world or do other shit but I don't cry about others being able to do it. That's not a them problem, that's a me problem. Same situation here. It's not any different regardless of how you want to look at it.

Everyone wants what they want on their own platform of choice but life doesn't work that way and neither does the gaming industry because for every complaint against what Microsoft has done or will do, Sony has done the same. It doesn't matter if it's a publisher, a studio or an individual game. You're still taking games away from both sides or does it only count when it goes one way?

One thing I have realized here and in general with PlayStation fans is that if Microsoft buys a studio or publisher, you cry. If Microsoft were to build studios from the ground up like The Initiative and then can't release anything for years or however long it may be, you bash them.

Microsoft can't win either way. They will never ever win ANY OF YOU over regardless of what they do so why even bother? If im Microsoft, I concentrate on the Xbox user base and focus on those who don't have any issues with buying and owning an Xbox to play the games that they want to play, exclusive or not. For those that have a problem with this, stay with your PlayStation and whatever you get, you get and that's it.
So you just a cunt?

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
i get that they want exclusives too, but let's be real here. Microsoft's internal output has been so lackluster for so long, that if you bought a Series console you have no one to blame but yourself.

pretty sure FF16 was announced as a PS5 exclusive since before the consoles were even out.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022

In the next episode of the Icon-Era sitcom.

MS paid for TR: LOL FUCK PHIL MUH MONEYHATZ
Sony paid for FF: They really had no other choice, you should have bought a playstation

Dean Winchester Reaction GIF

• haha
Reactions: BigMclargeHuge

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
In the next episode of the Icon-Era sitcom.

MS paid for TR: LOL FUCK PHIL MUH MONEYHATZ
Sony paid for FF: They really had no other choice, you should have bought a playstation

Dean Winchester Reaction GIF
You're the retards buying Xbox systems and then being shocked when there are no Japanese games of note released on the platform.

• haha
Reactions: adamsapple
OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Hahaha. I'm pretty sure that I have said the same thing in this OT or at least on this forum. It's not a secret that I want more acquisitions so I get more games on Game Pass day one even though I do have preferences in regards to what Microsoft acquires. Second, as for what I said on XboxEra, that's exactly what I would do if I was Nadella and the deal falls through. Sony has done that shit for 27+ years period. And im someone who would fight fire with fire but with one difference, I go fucking nuclear and if other companies or people don't like it, too mother fucking bad. Not my problem.

This just shows how big of an asshole you are. @Sircaw said it all.

Why is it disappointing? PlayStation fans have bragged about exclusivity for decades but when the shoe is on the other foot, it's somehow not right? No one is taking anything away because YOU as a consumer still have the option to buy the other console to play the games. I own a PlayStation 5 and I have never once bitched about needing to buy a PlayStation console to play the exclusives on it. Doesn't matter if it's first party or third party. The end result is still the same. You need the other console.

Dishonest bullshit, typical of Microsoft fanatics (which you are, even if you can't admit it). Playstation fans have bragged about Playstation Studios games for decades. Not exclusives, Sony's own financed and owned IP. It's not PS' fault that Microsoft, which is valued at over 10x what Sony is, can't figure their shit out and produce quality content, or have a platform that is attractive to developers.

The real truth is that PlayStation fans never ever want to see Microsoft or Xbox do anything no matter what they do. The whole do from within is such bullshit because nearly ALL of Sony's top tier studios were acquired. The only two major studios that weren't were Santa Monica and Polyphony Digital. People are just mad because Microsoft can do what Sony has done but at a far greater level.

Far greater level? Shit, how the fuck do you stand while being spineless? First of all, Sony usually acquires studios that have an historical relationship with them. Second, Microsoft is closing in on 80B in studio acquisitions. Insomniac, for example, cost 200 million! Your bullshit argument falls from the moment that what Microsoft is investing in gaming studios is close to what Sony as a company is valued at.

Also, funny of you to mention acquisitions, when virtually all of Xbox's IP (minus Forza and a couple other minor titles) are literally acquired, not created by them. That's how fucking shit they are at actually making games, they can't come up with an IP like GoW or Uncharted. NOT 1!

No one is restricted from playing anything that they want to play. If anything, PlayStation fans due to being so spoiled and entitled would simply rather bitch about not having games on PlayStation as opposed to being a normal human being who'll just buy the other platform in order to play the games they want to play. Which I find hilarious because if you don't want to buy the other console, then that tells me the games were never all that important to begin with.

As @Sircaw said, not everyone has the funds to go buy all consoles.

You strike me as an entitled american boomer with the typical "fuck yours, I've got mine" mentality. Glad to see the mask fall though, you managed to fool a few people.

Edit: For the "you're not a gamer if you don't want to buy an Xbox" bullshit... I have a PS5, gaming PC, and Nintendo Switch. Xbox's acquisitions don't impact me in the slightest because I can play all their games. But it does impact millions that are not as fortunate as me, that can spend thousand a year on games. Those are the ones that will see third party franchises disappear from the platform they own, sometimes the only one, because Microsoft can't get their shit together and actually release games.

Last edited:

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

This response is shallow at best.

You have failed to grasp what I have tried to communicate to you, and not only that, but how the entire Bethesda deal has affected me as a consumer, You have skipped over my points as if they are unimportant, and have little to or no regard how this whole process affects millions of real gamers out in the real world.

Then to top it off, you create this absolutely ridiculous Strawman about travelling and living within my means. this paragraph below is not only pathetic as an example but rather insulting

That's a lame ass excuse because gaming has always been an expensive hobby/luxury. Gaming is NOT a necessity. If someone can't afford to have the consoles to game, then I'll say it straight out - quit gaming. Live within your means. I don't have the money to travel the world or do other shit but I don't cry about others being able to do it. That's not a them problem, that's a me problem. Same situation here. It's not any different regardless of how you want to look at it.

I am washing my hands with you, I was wrong about you and should have listened to a lot of people at the beginning when they told me "What you were all about, I chose to ignore them and rather give you a chance. ( i feel stupid for not listening to their advice.)

You are no better than Dealer and Colteastwood, a disingenuous fanboy that is in it for themselves.

We are done now, for good.