Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Phil is some sort of idiot savant who's only skill is keeping his job and failing upwards in a dysfunctional organization.

Dude has absolutely no talent to produce any quality products.
Thts never been their objective, thts the issue.

Reactions: Arminius

Aidendelaney95

9 Jul 2022
I don't understand what is the point of this.
Trying to point out the Bethesda equivalent to CoD in terms of popularity and revenue/income from sales.

CoD is out every year and generates millions from sales, TES is out less frequently but generates as much if not more money over its lifetime.

Reactions: kuzon

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Me neither. I have a hunch the judge will rule in favour for Microsoft. What in the world has the FTC thought by not wanting to change the judge?
Like I predicted it's just a farce and she was always going to rule in favor of MS anyway. If those documents existed all along and it was even up for debate then there was never any real fair assessment since MS in internal communications pretty much incriminate themselves in the worst and most obvious way possible.

I just trust in Xbox and Phil Spencer fucking it all up somehow and still embarrassed themselves even if they are allowed to buy ABK and more.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Like I predicted it's just a farce and she was always going to rule in favor of MS anyway. If those document existed all along and it was even up for debate than there was never any real fair assessment since MS in internal communication pretty much self incriminate themselves in the worst possible way.
Honestly if this do happen, then it’s Lina Khan’s and only at fault. I don’t understand this dumb pride people like her sometimes have. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Honestly if this do happen, then it’s Lina Khan’s and only at fault. I don’t understand this dumb pride people like her sometimes have. 🤦🏻‍♂️
What was she supposed to do? The FTC was always set up to lose, that's the american way.

The ABK acquisition have all the obvious signs of market foreclosure, including MS admitting that that is the intent multiple times as well as getting caught lying under oath.

If that is not enough for the FTC to win then it never had a chance in the first place.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Something else, if Sony is weak enough that MS buying ABK will take them out then they are stupid and deserve it for taking it without trying to fight fire with fire.

PlayStation position late last gen and early this gen is way too strong. If Sony doesn't have the will or money to fight MS for this market than they should sell or partner with a company that has both the will and the money to do it.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Bryank75

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Something else, if Sony is weak enough that MS buying ABK will take them out then they are stupid and deserve it for taking it without trying to fight fire with fire.

You can’t really fight with a trillion dollar corpo and win. Add in that said corporation buys politicians.

Reactions: Johnic