Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Currently ATVI share sitting at 82-83, net worth at $65B. If the deadline ran out Microsoft have to pay them $3B breakout fee. That is near $68.7B at what Microsoft proposed to buy. So I don't think shareholders would risk persuing this deal further.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

KingOfTheDead

Banned
3 Jul 2023
Currently ATVI share sitting at 82-83, net worth at $65B. If the deadline ran out Microsoft have to pay them $3B breakout fee. That is near $68.7B at what Microsoft proposed to buy. So I don't think shareholders would risk persuing this deal further.
nah. Bobby and Microsoft said that if the pi isnt granted the deal will go ahead. Either their closing it or extended it for the CAT.

• haha
Reactions: Ezekiel

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
People keep saying Microsoft got astroturfers everywhere but I think it's just herd of sheeps. Every mega giant in US has one. Apple, Amazon, Google bla
Are you sure? I've never seen Amazon or Google fans that hype every product with fan accounts and pictures with the CEOs. I couldn't even name who works there.

Same for Netflix or Spotify, they don't get these dumb fans. Only Microsoft and their factory-made bots.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Even if PI is not granted, FTC can still appeal and they all go to court again.
Yeah but its a wrap in the usa if they deny the pi, no point, what new evidence can the ftc bring to the court of appeals?
We just need the cma to hold its ground and have the cat back them.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Yeah but its a wrap in the usa if they deny the pi, no point, what new evidence can the ftc bring to the court of appeals?
We just need the cma to hold its ground and have the cat back them.
New judge, new strategy etc.. plus, real court case starting in August if the deal is not dead by then.

DemonRavana

30 Jun 2023
so the judge will rule monday. looks like Heisinburg is a insider of some sorts? Implying the PI wont be granted. Looks like the FTC will not get their PI. The PI was a long shot anyway. No one should be surprised imo. Now what will happen with the CMA? The Last major regulator standing.

I may just be naive, but I think it would be highly illegal for the judge to reveal her verdict to the parties days before she actually issues it. No one should know except the judge at this point.

That being said, it's not super unlikely that she issues a verdict on Monday or that she'll deny the PI when she does. So both of those things may happen, I just don't think anyone would know about it yet.

Last edited:

KingOfTheDead

Banned
3 Jul 2023
He said exactly the opposite. Why make stuff up?

@Dr Bass
He's making it up.
bobby said if the pi is granted their walking away. Microsoft lawyer also stated that this pi decides if this deal goes ahead or not. This was all said during the FTC trial. So this is pretty much saying the deal will go ahead if the pi is denied. This whole trial is determining if this deal does through or not. That was the whole point. No clue why you're saying bobby said the deal won't go ahead if the pi is denied. Never did he say that.

• haha

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
bobby said if the pi is granted their walking away. Microsoft lawyer also stated that this pi decides if this deal goes ahead or not. This was all said during the FTC trial. So this is pretty much saying the deal will go ahead if the pi is denied. This whole trial is determining if this deal does through or not. That was the whole point. No clue why you're saying bobby said the deal won't go ahead if the pi is denied. Never did he say that.
They said the deal is dead if the PI happens.

They did not say it’s “going ahead” if it isn’t. It’s not the same thing.

It’s also still blocked by the CMA. There is no “going ahead” over that. And given what came out in this hearing I can’t see them ever changing their stance.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I feel like if hiesenbergs sources were real then activisions stock would skyrocket without explanation because if people willing to tell a forum literal who, then surely investors and the stock market would know too. The decision could go either way but I wouldn’t take his word on anything. That and Xbox fanboys on Twitter would be crowing nonstop about it being a sure thing.

• brain

KingOfTheDead

Banned
3 Jul 2023
They said the deal is dead if the PI happens.

They did not say it’s “going ahead” if it isn’t. It’s not the same thing.

It’s also still blocked by the CMA. There is no “going ahead” over that. And given what came out in this hearing I can’t see them ever changing their stance.
the microsoft lawyer said its going ahead. if the pi isnt granted. he told that to the judge at the start. The deal is not going to die if the pi is not granted. Its the whole point of the trial. So yes the deal will in fact go ahead if the pi is denied. Either a extension or a close. and yes they can close despite the cma block. just not a recommended path.

• haha

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
the microsoft lawyer said its going ahead. if the pi isnt granted. he told that to the judge at the start. The deal is not going to die if the pi is not granted. Its the whole point of the trial. So yes the deal will in fact go ahead if the pi is denied. Either a extension or a close. and yes they can close despite the cma block. just not a recommended path.
They could also close without waiting for the judge to rule on the PI, in that case.

Both that and closing over the CMA are illegal acts in their respective jurisdictions.

Whoops! You didn't think of that.

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
Some Xbox fanboy didn't like the original
107267197-1688601082561-gettyimages-1268694969-MICROSOFT_COURT.jpeg

So he created this and the bots posted it all over Twitter in worship of their lord Spencer....pathetic fanbase lmao!
FzVRH9JXwAAJQt4

Last edited:
OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I can be an insider like Heisenberg:

"Was just having a chat with some friends over a BBQ and have been told that playstation will have games. I can't say much further, but that's what they told me".

"The other day I was on Xbox live and a friend hit me up on discord saying that Starfield is releasing. Don't ask who the friend was, I won't tell".

Now cheer, you peasants 😂

KingOfTheDead

Banned
3 Jul 2023
The CMA has prohibited MS from buying part or all of Activision Blizzard for 10 years and vice versa. So explain why they can close over this prohibition but not the FTC's restraining order.
they can i guess but it would have grave consequences. But its very unlikely because another major market blocked the deal. They wouldnt want to fight two major regulators at once and lose billions from each side. the closing over the CMA is more likely because they would be the only major market blocking the deal, If the ftc loses their PI. The US is also way more important then the UK to them. if the pi isn't giving then MS closes it or extends the deadline for the CAT

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I can be an insider like Heisenberg:

"Was just having a chat with some friends over a BBQ and have been told that playstation will have games. I can't say much further, but that's what they told me".

"The other day I was on Xbox live and a friend hit me up on discord saying that Starfield is releasing. Don't ask who the friend was, I won't tell".

Now cheer, you peasants 😂
It's amazing people aren't more critical of supposed "insiders". Especially ones that offer zero proof.