Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Zeno

28 Jun 2023
I have a feeling, no matter how bleak it looks for Microsoft (MS), given the amount of money involved ($69 billion), I just don't see MS losing this.
I know there is still the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA), but somehow I see them changing their tune soon.
There have been deals between governments where, in the end, a much smaller amount of money was enough to influence a decision (for example, military deals, etc.).

It's a sad state for gaming, in my opinion. People are too shortsighted. Enjoy your Gamepass; we will see the quality of games in 5-10 years.

The $69 billion will be recouped somehow, most probably by squeezing the customers after eliminating every other alternative.

Welfare

Forum Veteran
23 Jan 2023
elrisitas.png

The CMA is going back to the table because they know it's better than the CAT possibly ruling against them.

OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Guys it’s seems the CMA has bend over. This literally confirms for me that Microsoft is getting ABK. Now it’s time for Sony to wake up.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
There's a bigass section in the final report about remedies:

Since MS declined the options proposed in the notice of possible remedies [below], the above stood. If MS or ABK are willing to go with the other acceptable options for the CMA (divestiture), they they will settle.

That’s where I’m at. I don’t think they’ll change their stance on this.