Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Welfare

Forum Veteran
23 Jan 2023
The CAT ruling against them means fuck all.
Yet they're trying to settle the deal again 🤔
Eh, despite your previous protests to the contrary, you're a bit of an Xbox fanboy aren't you?
I want my ABK shares pay day more than anything Xbox related.

There's more reasons to support this deal than the fucking box that needs to be spelled with two x's.

Worker's unions and labor have supported this deal for over a year 👆. Getting rid of that shit heel Bobby Kotick is another plus.

OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Guys it’s seems the CMA has bend over. This literally confirms for me that Microsoft is getting ABK. Now it’s time for Sony to wake up.

No. Please refer here:

There's a bigass section in the final report about remedies:

Since MS declined the options proposed in the notice of possible remedies [below], the above stood. If MS or ABK are willing to go with the other acceptable options for the CMA (divestiture), they they will settle.

The CMA found that divestiture or prohibition were acceptable remedies. Since MS refused the former, they went with the later. What they are saying now is that "cool, we know we're the ones blocking this, so if you go back to any of our acceptable remedies, we can talk"

Reactions: Swift_Star

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022

There's more reasons to support this deal than then fucking box with an additional X.

Worker's unions and labor have supported this deal for over a year 👆
It’ll settle if MS agrees to the divestiture they have proposed when they blocked the deal.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cool hand luke
OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022

Correlation =/= causation.

There's more reasons to support this deal than then fucking box with an additional X.

Worker's unions and labor have supported this deal for over a year 👆

And I want you to go fuck yourself. See, that's easy?

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
No. Please refer here:

The CMA found that divestiture or prohibition were acceptable remedies. Since MS refused the former, they went with the later. What they are saying now is that "cool, we know we're the ones blocking this, so if you go back to any of our acceptable remedies, we can talk"
Sooo they’re not cucking? They’re just saying if you agree to our proposed remedy’s you can close? I’m confused.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Sooo they’re not cucking? They’re just saying if you agree to our proposed remedy’s you can close? I’m confused.
Yes. That’s exactly it. It’s easier and cheaper for the CMA if they enter in an agreement.
If MS accepts the remedies (divestiture), then the deal will go through.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Yes. That’s exactly is. It’s easier and cheaper for the CMA if they enter in an agreement.
If MS accepts the remedies (divestiture), then the deal will go through.
I don’t think they’re going to agree to any of those proposals in the CMA’s just gonna make something stupid like 12 years instead of Ten and be done with it.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Johnic
OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022

Exactly. They found that divestiture or prohibition were the acceptable remedies, and were unwilling to settle with behavioural. Since MS refused divestiture, the CMA prohibited the deal. It was never a "prohibit this, period", they gave them a chance. So now they are offering MS to talk about the acceptable remedies, which include divestiture.

If they will cuck or not I don't know, and I don't have a crystal ball, but this is not a "oh no, they are cucking out". No, they are just offering to help move the deal along by not going to court if they receive satisfactory remedies.

Will they be satisfactory for us? Probably not.

Reactions: Swift_Star

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
If sony were to buy say capcom or square would it have to go through the same insane regulatory process as the abk deal has? Or is it because that one is so big?
It would have to go through the same processes (every merger does), the difference is that they are far less likely to result in agencies trying to block them. Except, perhaps, in Japan where S-E and Sony are both big players in both games and manga and where Sony's position in "high end consoles", if they choose to separate that out from Switch really is a de facto monopoly. The big case to remember there was the failed Nintendo/Bandai merger from 20 years ago. Though, that said, I think the deal would go through there (and everywhere else.)

OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
If this moves forward, I have no doubt in my mind that we're in for a zero sum game of consolidation that will fuck us over long term. Good thing is that most games I play are indie, so my experience should be relatively unaffected, but I'll be having a laugh on the side.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Guys it’s seems the CMA has bend over. This literally confirms for me that Microsoft is getting ABK. Now it’s time for Sony to wake up.

Has nothing to do with Sony, Sony is not waking up to an merger this big. ABK now have more value than the entire of Sony and ms just bought them.
Sony did nothing wrong here, so no need to call them out, all they did was compete and i expect them to continue to do so.

If today says anything is that govs are pretty much dead, world is ran by greedy corps now.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Welfare

Forum Veteran
23 Jan 2023
And I want you to go fuck yourself. See, that's easy?
Everyone that isn't a PlayStation fanboy knows this acquisition is good for more than just Xbox. Cry about it.

Also lol, CMA wouldn't want to PAUSE the CAT litigation if they don't intend on actually closing this deal with Microsoft, who isn't going to divest any part of ABK.

• haha

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
If this moves forward, I have no doubt in my mind that we're in for a zero sum game of consolidation that will fuck us over long term. Good thing is that most games I play are indie, so my experience should be relatively unaffected, but I'll be having a laugh on the side.
Yes. If it goes through, gaming will become like the movie market and look how shitty that has become with Disney controlling everything.

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
It would have to go through the same processes (every merger does), the difference is that they are far less likely to result in agencies trying to block them. Except, perhaps, in Japan where S-E and Sony are both big players in both games and manga and where Sony's position in "high end consoles", if they choose to separate that out from Switch really is a de facto monopoly. The big case to remember there was the failed Nintendo/Bandai merger from 20 years ago. Though, that said, I think the deal would go through there (and everywhere else.)
Nah MS will do the same to Sony as what they tried to do for this situation.

OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
Everyone that isn't a PlayStation fanboy knows this acquisition is good for more than just Xbox. Cry about it.

Also lol, CMA wouldn't want to PAUSE the CAT litigation if they don't intend on actually closing this deal with Microsoft, who isn't going to divest any part of ABK.

A multi trillion dollar company owning more of the market when they have shown zero capabilities to actually release a desirable product is good for more than just Xbox?

Good thing that you're outing yourself now, maybe @Bryank75 will stop covering your little pussy ass here.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
They mentioned address concerns in their final report, and in that final report they made it clear behavioural remedies won't work for a multitude of reasons.

The other obvious remedies as folks have mentioned is divestiture. But MS clearly didn't want that right? So maybe some kind of divestiture option just for the UK?

• they're_right_you_know