Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Corruption?
CMA are setup to avoid corruption like other regulators so i would say no, but who knows not impossible.

I was gonna say maybe they are just stalling as they did ask the CAT for more time and they need to reinforce their stance.

The other thing is even if the CMA lost the CAT appeal, they could have at that point considered alternatre remedies like divestiture or whatever else remedies. No need to do it now right?

To me it comes across as they will accept something before this goes to appeal.

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I wouldn’t be surprised if come next week Sony announces an acquisition or 2. I feel like they’ve had a few deals. They’ve been ready to an ounce for a while now they just wanted some clarity on how things were going to shake out with the abk deal.
They’re still gonna get call of duty for 10 years. Buddy sweared under oath. We just don’t know the terms and revenue split that MS would want.

As far as revenue, splits and income is concerned, if Sony bought square Enix, and probably make up for what they lose on cod and more with just ff14 alone. They’d be getting 70 to 100 percent revenue just off of that alone. Plus bungie. Plus maybe one their first party games being a hit.

It’s not the end of the world, but they definitely just can’t sit around and think it’s gonna be OK either.

My biggest concern in all of this is that new EU commissioner being in Microsoft pocket. Now it’s one thing if they’re just gonna rubberstamp a deal for Microsoft but if they’re there to also block other acquisitions from competitors then yeah that’s pretty ridiculous.
Sony ain't even announcing non GaaS games anymore.

It feels like all these companies with the exception of Nintendo don't even believe in console gaming anymore. I would not be surprised if Sony just accepts their fate and keep looking at GaaS and PC as their way of avoiding competing directly with MS for control of the industry.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
If this shit goes through you might not see me here anymore or on any gaming site or forum. No way am I interacting with this hobby with MS of all corporation owning Activision and all those IP’s.

I’m done.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Dogs Reaction GIF
All Right Ok GIF
Happy Sunday Relax GIF by Paramount Network
Will Ferrell Love Everybody GIF

• haha
Reactions: Papacheeks

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I'm both.

The hyperbole on this deal is out of control on this forum.

This is not the worst thing in the industry, gaming will continue, and you'll get to play all the games you love and will love.

Think about what ABK even is.

Activision: Call of Duty
Blizzard: WoW, Diablo, Overwatch,
King: Mobile stuff

Microsoft owning that is really going to change the industry for the worst, when Call of Duty is going back on Nintnedo and a bunch of cloud providers are going to get Call of Duty?

ABK barely release games as it is today.

It's not just for my payday if you read more of my post.

Better worker conditions and unionization, expansion of major brands to other consoles and services, and Game Pass.

Well if you have Game Pass the answer is obvious. For everyone else, Call of Duty would be going back to Nintendo and will be new to cloud providers.

The biggest IP ABK owns that isn't mobile is COD which is staying multiplatform. How does that harm the industry?
lmao your true colors shown, which we all knew already. You're a microsoft corporate cheerleader.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
In the end, if the hobby becomes something I don’t enjoy, I’ll just leave it. I don’t care that much about western games, so as long as MS leave Japan alone, I don’t really care. What I’m afraid of is that they could try and buy sega and other Japanese publishers
Its a nightmare scenario if they touch Sega, Square, or Capcom honestly. It genuinely worries me. They just bought 2 giant pubs, if they don't stop there they'll never stop. I wanted MS to get ACVT just bc i don't really care for them AT ALL.

Reactions: Swift_Star

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
If this shit goes through you might not see me here anymore or on any gaming site or forum. No way am I interacting with this hobby with MS of all corporation owning Activision and all those IP’s.

I’m done.
You’re not the only one. I don’t want a gaming world dominated by Microsoft, it’s disgusting.
I’m hoping the merger will fuck itself because it’s such a huge merger. They’ll take years to fuse everything MS/ABK. It’s an Herculean task.

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Yea, if Sony doesn't answer it and just let PlayStation die they deserve it.

Xbox can buy every publisher in the world and they'll still find a way to fuck it all up, because their entire vision of what gaming is supposed to be sucks.

It feels like they've already thrown the towel in

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
It’s a nightmare scenario if they touch Sega, Square, or Capcom honestly. It genuinely worries me. They just bought 2 giant pubs, if they don't stop there they'll never stop. I wanted MS to get ACVT just bc i don't really care for them AT ALL.
Yeah, if this stops them, then ok, fine. But I fear it won’t stop them.

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
Sony ain't even announcing non GaaS games anymore.

It feels like all these companies with the exception of Nintendo don't even believe in console gaming anymore. I would not be surprised if Sony just accepts their fate and keep looking at GaaS and PC as their way of avoiding competing directly with MS for control of the industry.
Sony has non-GaaS games in the works. This is very well known.

For once, stop with the Doomposting, I am BEGGING you.

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
In the end, if the hobby becomes something I don’t enjoy, I’ll just leave it. I don’t care that much about western games, so as long as MS leave Japan alone, I don’t really care. What I’m afraid of is that they could try and buy sega and other Japanese publishers.
From what I understand the Japanese have an entirely different system setup for things like that. Especially towards firegn powers trying to buy their way into their country. So unless those you mentioned pick up and move we don't have to worry about that. Now on the other hand exclusivity is the bigger concern and yes I'm not talking about "timed" exclusives

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
Inappropriate behavior
Yet they're trying to settle the deal again 🤔

I want my ABK shares pay day more than anything Xbox related.

There's more reasons to support this deal than the fucking box that needs to be spelled with two x's.

Worker's unions and labor have supported this deal for over a year 👆. Getting rid of that shit heel Bobby Kotick is another plus.
You are such a rat faced

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023

I’m done.
Do you care that much about Blizzard and CoD?

Reactions: Zzero

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
Yeah, if this stops them, then ok, fine. But I fear it won’t stop them.
The ONLY thing it will do is slow them down, as they won't be able to justify further acquisitions for a bit. But only for a bit.

Give it a couple of years and they'll move again. But before that, I fully expect them to become open hypocrites and try to double down on locking Sony out of as many third-party games as possible during that period.

Sony's going to absolutely HAVE to respond somehow just to maintain access to games, even from Japanese publishers.

Reactions: Swift_Star

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Sony has non-GaaS games in the works. This is very well known.

For once, stop with the Doomposting, I am BEGGING you.
Name them, show them. Other than the Imnsoniac game not a single non-GaaS game is even announced. These game aren't usually announced and released a few months later, so any game yet to be announced is likely a good 2 or more years away from being released (so we are already looking at late 2025 here).

It feels like they've already thrown the towel in
It's my feeling as well. They probably figured they have a gen or two left no matter what and then consoles won't even be relevant anymore. They can't compete with MS with cloud or in buying up the industry so their answer is to use the remaining time to land as GaaS hits that will make them relevant as just a publisher in the future.

Reactions: Puff

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Do you care that much about Blizzard and CoD?

I don’t really need to explain the consequences of MS owning Activision and the affect it will have on the industry do i? We’ve only been talking about this......for over a year.

It’s beyond just those games or any one game.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly