Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Sleepy Brown

Banned
5 Jul 2022
What a crybaby cuck. I'm glad your mask came off, and I hope your forum is investigated for whatever illegal degeneracy it's bred in your rotten members and mods.

No wonder you've just whirred to life after the latest news. You've been an Xbot all along, falsely inflating their sales at every turn.

Xbox will be dead if the CMA maintains the block, that's the only certainty.
What mask? Everybody knows who Welfare is.

Ludwig

9 Feb 2023
Show me in the final report. If you find it, I will concede.
In the final draft, the CMA proposed prohibition as a remedy.
We have decided that prohibition of the Merger would be an effectiveand proportionate remedy to address the SLC in the market for cloud gamingservices in the UK and its resulting adverse effects.

Reactions: Ezekiel

KingOfTheDead

Banned
3 Jul 2023
What's even more hilarous is folks where calling the FTC weak, yes they lost the PI but they continue to fight. Even though they haven't appealed the PI decison yet, they made a comment they are still going to fight this in august.

While every other regulator has folded. Obviously remains to be seen what the CMA do. MS already rejected the much stronger divestiture remedy, so having that discussion with them isn't going to go anywhere.

One thing is for sure is if the CMA accept some weak divestiture, they better be ready to accept that for other companies. That includes sony if they make a big acquisition and CMA ask for divestiture.
Doesnt really matter if they appeal. The deal can go ahead. They would need an emergency order to block the deal. If the CMA and MS work things outs which is very likely, this saga is over. Time to move on.

KingOfTheDead

Banned
3 Jul 2023
What really surprised me is the CMA going back to the table to work it out with MS. I thought for sure they would remain unmoveable and would force MS to go to the CAT. The PI being denied was widely expected in most places.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
So anything is on the table now if this gets finalised. Big, small, sector altering or not.

Ryan better be having meetings on building a war chest to stave off what’s to come

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Ludwig

9 Feb 2023
So anything is on the table now if this gets finalised. Big, small, sector altering or not.

Ryan better be having meetings on building a war chest to stave off what’s to come
Pretty much.
I see now how naive Jim Ryan is. Trusting MS that they will keep Cod on PS and also not responsding to Zenimax acquisition.
And now he has to respond to all these MS moves and their future moves. He has clearly underestimated MS.

Reactions: Shmunter

DForce

Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
It's possible that Sony knew this would be the likely outcome.

They probably have acquisitions lined up, but can't do anything until this ABK deal is either dead or completed.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
What really surprised me is the CMA going back to the table to work it out with MS. I thought for sure they would remain unmoveable and would force MS to go to the CAT. The PI being denied was widely expected in most places.
Disingenuous. Nothing has changed with regards to the CMA's position. Their statement is practically "we are your last remaining obstacle, give us the changes we want and you can have your merger, if not, no." Nothing has changed the CMA's rationale, nothing has changed the conditions that embody their findings. They blocked this before the FTC did, so changes to FTC's case have little impact on their decision to block it.

• haha
Reactions: KingOfTheDead

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Disingenuous. Nothing has changed with regards to the CMA's position. Their statement is practically "we are your last remaining obstacle, give us the changes we want and you can have your merger, if not, no." Nothing has changed the CMA's rationale, nothing has changed the conditions that embody their findings. They blocked this before the FTC did, so changes to FTC's case have little impact on their decision to block it.
Disagree. If the CMA was going to sit on its position it would have let the CAT litigation play out.