Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Welfare

Forum Veteran
23 Jan 2023
What a crybaby cuck. I'm glad your mask came off, and I hope your forum is investigated for whatever illegal degeneracy it's bred in your rotten members and mods.

No wonder you've just whirred to life after the latest news. You've been an Xbot all along, falsely inflating their sales at every turn.

Xbox will be dead if the CMA maintains the block, that's the only certainty.
I've been active on this forum for months what are you on about? Keep telling yourself Xbox is dead if the deal dies if it helps you lmao.

Activision literally fell into Microsoft's lap, they are not hinging the entire business on ABK.

Someone else said it here, but go touch grass. There's more to gaming than Xbox and ABK.

Man I remember when EA Access was supposed to be the end of gaming back in 2014, and then 9 years later here we are. Maybe something else in 10 years will be a rallying cry for "killing the industry" while gaming has never been bigger and then another 10 years pass and so on.

• brain
Reactions: Zzero

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
They didn't offer MS to divest cod. Those docs arent the final report . It was just a possible remedy. Same with behavioral remdies. Which was also possible at the time. Read the final report. Again that's not a reasonable or practical remedy. That's neuters the deal. That's out of the question. So you actually proved nothing. CMA never said MS declined to divest cod so the deal was blocked. Try again
I only posted that document regarding this topic about possible divestiture of COD.

MS declining so CMA saying it's blocked is not what the topic was about.

Welfare

Forum Veteran
23 Jan 2023
He has pretended to be a neutral and a sony fan in the past, when all his actions belie that intent. Yes, everyone could tell it was an act. But he's never come out and outright stated it (hence his mask fell) until today.
How can I pretend to be a Sony fan in the past when I had a PS1, 2, and 3? Hell I still have the PS1 and 2.

Oh no, someone with nuance and varied opinions that aren't exactly aligned with one specific platform. Must be an act!

Reactions: ManPhlaps and Zzero

KingOfTheDead

Banned
3 Jul 2023
Disingenuous. Nothing has changed with regards to the CMA's position. Their statement is practically "we are your last remaining obstacle, give us the changes we want and you can have your merger, if not, no." Nothing has changed the CMA's rationale, nothing has changed the conditions that embody their findings. They blocked this before the FTC did, so changes to FTC's case have little impact on their decision to block it.
no it isnt pr. CMA is back to the table with MS. They left the table months ago. They had no reason to go back. They could of said nothing and let MS go the CAT. This will get settled. time to move on from this.

DForce

24 Jun 2022
Disingenuous. Nothing has changed with regards to the CMA's position. Their statement is practically "we are your last remaining obstacle, give us the changes we want and you can have your merger, if not, no." Nothing has changed the CMA's rationale, nothing has changed the conditions that embody their findings. They blocked this before the FTC did, so changes to FTC's case have little impact on their decision to block it.
If this isn't a tactical move by the CMA (agreed to go to the negotiation table with MS in order to delay the CAT decision), then there's no other reason why they would do this unless they felt pressure from the government.

- Judge makes a swift decision before the deadline.
- CMA changes decisions in regard to console competition.
- CMA now decides to back to the table with MS.

All seems shady. CMA stood firm a few months ago and now they're backing down. These last minute decisions all seem suspicious lol

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
no it isnt pr. CMA is back to the table with MS. They left the table months ago. They had no reason to go back. They could of said nothing and let MS go the CAT. This will get settled. time to move on from this.
This is the type of spin that was common for months before it eventually was blocked. Everyone likes a strong horse, it's passing, agree. No, again, nothing has changed with the CMA's position. Talking about potential remedies of the deal is what it is supposed to do and has no bearing on whether it will unless Microsoft agrees to remedies that will satisfy its original complaints about the deal. I also already stated a reason to go back originally, "we are your last remaining obstacle, give us the changes we want and you can have your merger", which is them doing their job. Another reason related for this communication is to prevent hostile closure of the deal by pointing out they are communicating and looking at alternatives with Microsoft, not obstinately blocking it. If they were just sitting on their hands and ignoring emails Microsoft would have ground to forcibly close it and say "Well look, the CMA won't even respond to us. What can we do about that?"

Reactions: Cool hand luke

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
How can I pretend to be a Sony fan in the past when I had a PS1, 2, and 3? Hell I still have the PS1 and 2.

Oh no, someone with nuance and varied opinions that aren't exactly aligned with one specific platform. Must be an act!
A lot of the biggest xbox console warriors have owned all the consoles. It gives them fake credibility. Owning a system doesn't mean you aren't a stan for the other company. Colt, Dealer, all those dudes have playstations. Doesn't make them any less cringe.

KingOfTheDead

Banned
3 Jul 2023
This is the type of spin that was common for months before it eventually was blocked. Everyone likes a strong horse, it's passing, agree. No, again, nothing has changed with the CMA's position. Talking about potential remedies of the deal is what it is supposed to do and has no bearing on whether it will unless Microsoft agrees to remedies that will satisfy its original complaints about the deal. I also already stated a reason to go back originally, "we are your last remaining obstacle, give us the changes we want and you can have your merger", which is them doing their job. Another reason related for this communication is to prevent hostile closure of the deal by pointing out they are communicating and looking at alternatives with Microsoft, not obstinately blocking it. If they were just sitting on their hands and ignoring emails Microsoft would have ground to forcibly close it and say "Well look, the CMA won't even respond to us. What can we do about that?"
their decision was already made final and MS had to seek a appeal at the CAT. CMA were already done with MS at that point. But now they said never mind, lets talk? It seems to be a small divesture. Based on what a CNBC journalist said. So the CMA can say hey we didn't just settle with a behavioral remedy, we made them divest in the UK so it can pass. All the major markets are now approved except the CMA. Comity is a real thing, hence why the CMA is now probably looking to settle.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
their decision was already made final and MS had to seek a appeal at the CAT. CMA were already done with MS at that point. But now they said never mind, lets talk? It seems to be a small divesture. Based on what a CNBC journalist said. So the CMA can say hey we didn't just settle with a behavioral remedy, we made them divest in the UK so it can pass. All the major markets are now approved except the CMA. Comity is a real thing, hence why the CMA is now probably looking to settle.
You can see Swift_Star's post above yours for what the CMA will be bringing to the table for the talk. If they are the only important country blocking this, as I have already said, they cannot just sit on their hands. "All the major markets are now approved except the CMA...hence why the CMA is now probably looking to settle." This isn't how it works. The CMA is not a person, it is an institution. It doesn't just change it's mind. Have the CMA's findings changed? Has the market changed? Has Microsoft presented the structural remedies it asked for originally? This is not what matters, not some alleged peer pressure that "well hey everyone else agrees so let's just go back on our findings and approve it anyway." A wholly irrational view of the matter to believe this.

KingOfTheDead

Banned
3 Jul 2023
You can see Swift_Star's post above yours for what the CMA will be bringing to the table for the talk. If they are the only important country blocking this, as I have already said, they cannot just sit on their hands. "All the major markets are now approved except the CMA...hence why the CMA is now probably looking to settle." This isn't how it works. The CMA is not a person, it is an institution. It doesn't just change it's mind. Have the CMA's findings changed? Has the market changed? Has Microsoft presented the structural remedies it asked for originally? This is not what matters, not some alleged peer pressure that "well hey everyone else agrees so let's just go back on our findings and approve it anyway." A wholly irrational view of the matter to believe this.
If they are the only important country blocking this, as I have already said, they cannot just sit on their hands.
Sure they can. The CAT. you want to talk things out, lets do it at the CAT. They didn't have to pause anything. They will settle with MS. CMA had all the cards. Not MS. They chose to talk it over. Believe what you want. It won't change the facts. MS agreeing to a divesture in the UK is fine. It won't be anything crazy like selling COD.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Sure they can. The CAT. you want to talk things out, lets do it at the CAT. They didn't have to pause anything. They will settle with MS. CMA had all the cards. Not MS. They chose to talk it over. Believe what you want. It won't change the facts. MS agreeing to a divesture in the UK is fine. It won't be anything crazy like selling COD.
Selling COD, Activision, or Activision and Blizzard are the only acceptable remedies short of prohibition. Anything else would be an unprecedented about-face.

1689132508686.png

• haha
Reactions: KingOfTheDead

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
I am not believing anything here, simply looking at the CMA which has not changed its position in the slightest and suggesting that, without any evidence to show them reversing their position, they are still blocking the deal. If they want to talk to Microsoft about the potential remedies they've already outlined based on their findings I find that the normal course of business considering post FTC ruling that in one weeks time, if Microsoft doesn't change anything, the deal will fail. That Microsoft is already agreeing to divestures from what we know indicates they're the ones conceding in hopes of passing the deal, not the ones strongarming the CMA into passing it.

KingOfTheDead

Banned
3 Jul 2023
I am not believing anything here, simply looking at the CMA which has not changed its position in the slightest and suggesting that, without any evidence to show them reversing their position, they are still blocking the deal. If they want to talk to Microsoft about the potential remedies they've already outlined based on their findings I find that the normal course of business considering post FTC ruling that in one weeks time, if Microsoft doesn't change anything, the deal will fail. That Microsoft is already agreeing to divestures from what we know indicates they're the ones conceding in hopes of passing the deal, not the ones strongarming the CMA into passing it.
They did changed their position. I already explained this. If they didn't change their position, we would be heading to the CAT. But now their saying lets figure it. The deal will close in time. Keep coping i guess.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
They did changed their position. I already explained this. If they didn't change their position, we would be heading to the CAT. But now their saying lets figure it. The deal will close in time. Keep coping i guess.
This is completely incorrect based on their documentation numerous people have shared. How exactly would the CMA obtain the remedies it outlined if, upon blocking the deal, it would never communicate with Microsoft again?