Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I think the biggest fuckup today is by the CMA.

Beggers belief why they are going back to negotiating when they have much more likelyhood of blocking it.

Even being dealt a big blow the FTC said they will continue fighting and looks like they have some serious grounds of appealing the PI decision, but the CMA folds before the appeal even starts. Smh.

Last edited:

Arminius

19 May 2023

Beggers belief why they are going back to negotiating when they have much more likelyhood of blocking it.

Even being dealt a big blow the FTC said they will continue fighting and looks like they have some serious grounds of appealing the PI decision, but the CMA folds before the appeal even starts. Smh.
These regulators are corrupt to the rotten core. Someone’s hand was laced with money.

Reactions: Bryank75

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023

The course of action taken by the CMA is truly bizarre and needs to be studied closely. They're the last bulwark between gaming becoming a nickel and dime hellscape and Microsoft leaving the industry for good.

There's no amount of pressure Microsoft could be applying here that merits an about-face on their concerns, and nothing less than full divestiture of COD or Activision would suffice, according to them.

If they do capitulate, corruption is a perfectly reasonable and fair accusation to make.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

They had a strong hand to play and they gave it up for something meaningless.... something that makes no difference to gaming or the power dynamics.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
What's even more hilarous is folks where calling the FTC weak, yes they lost the PI but they continue to fight. Even though they haven't appealed the PI decison yet, they made a comment they are still going to fight this in august.

While every other regulator has folded. Obviously remains to be seen what the CMA do. MS already rejected the much stronger divestiture remedy, so having that discussion with them isn't going to go anywhere.

One thing is for sure is if the CMA accept some weak divestiture, they better be ready to accept that for other companies. That includes sony if they make a big acquisition and CMA ask for divestiture.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
The CMA caving before the FTC is even had a chance to appeal does reek of some corruption. And from the looks of things, the FTC is going to appeal.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
What's even more hilarous is folks where calling the FTC weak, yes they lost the PI but they continue to fight. Even though they haven't appealed the PI decison yet, they made a comment they are still going to fight this in august.

While every other regulator has folded. Obviously remains to be seen what the CMA do. MS already rejected the much stronger divestiture remedy, so having that discussion with them isn't going to go anywhere.

One thing is for sure is if the CMA accept some weak divestiture, they better be ready to accept that for other companies. That includes sony if they make a big acquisition and CMA ask for divestiture.
The divestiture will be cloud related and it'll be bs not related to COD. The CMA's whole Angle was cloud related.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
What's even more weird is the CMA only a week or two ago where asking for the trial date to be pushed back right?

But all of a sudden it's all good now? 🤣

After telling us for weeks how bad this acquisiton was.

Reactions: Dabaus

Welfare

Forum Veteran
23 Jan 2023
The course of action taken by the CMA is truly bizarre and needs to be studied closely. They're the last bulwark between gaming becoming a nickel and dime hellscape and Microsoft leaving the industry for good.
I bet you fantasied about that since the CMA blocked the deal back in May. What a joke.

Ever since Phil convinced Nadella to transform Xbox into a service platform back in 2014, Microsoft is fully behind Xbox as one of its major divisions. If this deal were to fall through, Microsoft would just attempt to acquire more studios as they have and will continue to do.

Xbox will be around no matter what, don't worry.

There's no amount of pressure Microsoft could be applying here that merits an about-face on their concerns, and nothing less than full divestiture of COD or Activision would suffice, according to them.

If they do capitulate, corruption is a perfectly reasonable and fair accusation to make.
Or the CMA knows their cloud concerns are not actually enough to justify blocking the deal so they'll avoid embarrassment by the CAT and act like they won when Microsoft divests something cloud gaming related.

It's not corruption just because something doesn't go your way.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Even when they removed console as a concern and only had cloud. Divesting cod was one of the options even for just the cloud SLC.

But anyways that was past, so who know what they accept now.

If it were me choosing the divestment strategically, I'd go for Infinity Ward or Treyarch.

Choose one and sell it to Sony with their sub-franchise name.... Modern Warfare / Black Ops.

It's probably not this.... it's probably something way smaller.

• haha
Reactions: MScarpa

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I bet you fantasied about that since the CMA blocked the deal back in May. What a joke.

Ever since Phil convinced Nadella to transform Xbox into a service platform back in 2014, Microsoft is fully behind Xbox as one of its major divisions. If this deal were to fall through, Microsoft would just attempt to acquire more studios as they have and will continue to do.

Xbox will be around no matter what, don't worry.

Or the CMA knows their cloud concerns are not actually enough to justify blocking the deal so they'll avoid embarrassment by the CAT and act like they won when Microsoft divests something cloud gaming related.

It's not corruption just because something doesn't go your way.
What a crybaby cuck. I'm glad your mask came off, and I hope your forum is investigated for whatever illegal degeneracy it's bred in your rotten members and mods.

No wonder you've just whirred to life after the latest news. You've been an Xbot all along, falsely inflating their sales at every turn.

Xbox will be dead if the CMA maintains the block, that's the only certainty.

Reactions: Edmund and Puff

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
If it were me choosing the divestment strategically, I'd go for Infinity Ward or Treyarch.

Choose one and sell it to Sony with their sub-franchise name.... Modern Warfare / Black Ops.

It's probably not this.... it's probably something way smaller.
Like I said. My guess is the sales of the publishing rights to ABK content in Britain only.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

KingOfTheDead

Banned
3 Jul 2023
They didn't offer MS to divest cod. Those docs arent the final report . It was just a possible remedy. Same with behavioral remdies. Which was also possible at the time. Read the final report. Again that's not a reasonable or practical remedy. That's neuters the deal. That's out of the question. So you actually proved nothing. CMA never said MS declined to divest cod so the deal was blocked. Try again

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
They didn't offer MS to divest cod. Those docs arent the final report . It was just a possible remedy. Same with behavioral remdies. Which was also possible at the time. Read the final report. Again that's not a reasonable or practical remedy. That's neuters the deal. That's out of the question. So you actually proved nothing. CMA never said MS declined to divest cod so the deal was blocked. Try again
Give me proof!
*Proof provided*
No not that proof

KingOfTheDead

Banned
3 Jul 2023
What a crybaby cuck. I'm glad your mask came off, and I hope your forum is investigated for whatever illegal degeneracy it's bred in your rotten members and mods.

No wonder you've just whirred to life after the latest news. You've been an Xbot all along, falsely inflating their sales at every turn.

Xbox will be dead if the CMA maintains the block, that's the only certainty.
Your fan fiction of Xbox dying will never materialize. Remove this delusion from your mind.