Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Sony positions CoD at the top. They can just stop doing that.

REMOVE PS PLUS PAYWALL FOR ALL ONLINE GAMES.

You want competition? Then let other games compete.

Reactions: Airbus

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
He doesn't know anything. Just guesses and speculation. Who knows what Sony buys. Maybe they buy nothing? Who knows
I have never claimed to know something dude. Just putting 1+1 together. There are more than enough hints (statements given by execs & former founders) that Sony will buy Square Enix. We have discussed it in Sony’s possible acquisitions thread more than enough why they will. It’s also 100% not a coincidence that Square moving close to Sony HQ.

Are you perhaps the alt of @Morbidviews?

Last edited:

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Sony positions CoD at the top. They can just stop doing that.

REMOVE PS PLUS PAYWALL FOR ALL ONLINE GAMES.

You want competition? Then let other games compete.
ohh, so race to the bottom?
Every business that generates content have an at fee subscription service, why should sony allow their service to be free.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Either humanity is a lot more demented than I expected or MS just unleashed a massive army of bots to defend them online. Looking at the post on the thread in r/Games is just depressive, so many stupid takes painting Sony as super evil while MS is the good guy underdog (but failing miserably to disguise that that's just a facade).

There just seems like there is a percentage of the population that is extremely attracted to Game subscriptions and would throw their own mother under the bus if it meant some game they don't even play gets added for "free" on Gamepass. I get the feeling these people don't even like games, they just like the idea of value, like some sort of degenerate Netflix fan.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022

So that would make sense why CMA would ask CAT to halt the appeal.

If MS are making changes to the structure of the transaction enough to need a new probe, then going ahead with a trial based on the old transaction is useless.

Assuming of course these tweets are accurate.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Either humanity is a lot more demented than I expected or MS just unleashed a massive army of bots to defend them online. Looking at the post on the thread in r/Games is just depressive, so many stupid takes painting Sony as super evil while MS is the good guy underdog (but failing miserably to disguise that that's just a facade).

There just seems like there is a percentage of the population that is extremely attracted to Game subscriptions and would throw their own mother under the bus if it meant some game they don't even play gets added for "free" on Gamepass. I get the feeling these people don't even like games, they just like the idea of value, like some sort of degenerate Netflix fan.
Microsoft most likely using AI for that

By flooding the social media with pro xbox acquitition

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Microsoft most likely using AI for that

By flooding the social media with pro xbox acquitition
They even add stuff like "did you know that Gamepass is the best deal in gaming?" in the middle of it, they legit don't care to even hide it.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
I always thought the best thing that could happen coming from a old-school Blizzard fan is a Divesture of Blizzard. But with the caveat that Diablo 4 stays with Activision, but the property and all of Blizzards back property's are their own.

I would be ok with Blizzard rebuilding itself and maybe getting on the road to a redemption arc.

But thats a pipe dream, its probably something like Toys4Bob or something getting spun off.
Both toys4bob & vicarious visions should be allowed to get away from Activision they've been forced into cod support Devs give them their freedom !