Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
The funny thing is that Xbox is getting its shit beaten in without ABK, so literally none of the other things on that list matter. Which makes it really silly thinking that ABK on its own would be able to take down PS.
Wonder if the judge ever saw fan commentary like this. As if the goal isn’t completely laid bare.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
If you look at the Xbox and Xbox 360 they were objectively good. The only stinker they had was the Xbox one era. This current generation is still going so we have to let it play out. things are looking good.

I dont play video games on console. PC only. Nintendo games aren't for me. I buy some of the playstation titles when they get ported.
Jesus Christ mate, you're just a PC begger.

I thought at least you were deeply embedded in green XB hearts - for some reason - but you're just a lowly PC begger who wants as many games for cheap* on GP as possible.

Hey man, I know Valve's Steam sales suck these days, but get a PS, you'll be happier. Then you can play those PS games before they get ported.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

KingOfTheDead

Banned
3 Jul 2023
Jesus Christ mate, you're just a PC begger.

I thought at least you were deeply embedded in green XB hearts - for some reason - but you're just a lowly PC begger who wants as many games for cheap* on GP as possible.

Hey man, I know Valve's Steam sales suck these days, but get a PS, you'll be happier. Then you can play those PS games before they get ported.
Nope. PC is and will always be the best platform to play on.

I actually don't like game pass in its current form.

Nah, i can wait till their cheap on pc, or pirate them 😏

• haha
Reactions: BigMclargeHuge

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Reading up on last night's events.

Xcloud divestment is a joke.

There is big difference to ms divesting cod/activision like CMA asked and divesting cloud gaming buisness.

By divesting cod/activision you completeley remove ms from being able to use that divested entity to their advantage over competitors.

By divesting xcloud it is temporary, xcloud is just a service, whats there to stop Microsoft from spinning up another cloud gaming service? Could the CMA force microsoft to never spin up another cloud gaming service? Absurd CMA at that point would be stifling competition in cloud gaming in the uk.

Last edited:

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Reading up on last night's events.

Xcloud divestment is a joke.

There is big difference to ms divesting cod/activision like CMA asked and divesting cloud buisness.

By divesting cod/activision you completeley remove ms from being able to use that divested entity to their advantage over competitors.

By divesting xcloud it is temporary, xcloud is just a service, whats there to stop Microsoft from spinning up another cloud gaming service? Could the CMA force microsoft to never spin up another cloud gaming service? Absurd CMA at that point would be stifling competition in cloud gaming in the uk.
Divesting the cloud I don't think can be done? MS funnell loads of crap into it to make Azure look better.

If CMA killed their console concerns to focus on cloud, and FTC spent too much time on "Sony vs MS" badly when they should have focused on something else according to some, when does someone actually defend gaming? The mtx dynamic, of PS players whom only playing cod for example, is so whacked. Longterm is cloud and gp catalogue, short term is certainly cod finances and trying to regain marketshare.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Divesting the cloud I don't think can be done? MS funnell loads of crap into it to make Azure look better.

So there not proposing to divest their cloud service (azure) just the cloud gaming service(xcloud), which is possible.

But selling of xcloud is a useless divestment. MS own azure and can easily spin up another cloud gaming service.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
So there not proposing to divest their cloud service (azure) just the cloud gaming service(xcloud).

But yeah selling of xcloud is a useless divestment. MS own azure and can easily spin up another cloud gaming service.
I assumed xCloud was just gamer branding for Azure servers? Lol wonder if I've been wrong.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I assumed xCloud was just gamer branding for Azure servers? Lol wonder if I've been wrong.
XCloud is just the name of their streaming based game product. It runs on Azure. But it could run on AWS if they wanted. Think of XCloud as software and Azure as Hardware (sort of, there is software that drives it, but its essentially infrastructure as a service).

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
From what I understood they use series x hardware to run the games, but everything else is hooked up to to azure to deliver and manage it.

KingOfTheDead

Banned
3 Jul 2023
Ooof CMA backtracked! They said it was suppose to be a done deal by the 18th, but they just said nah at the final moment lmao. CMA truly is a wild card! MS won't be happy. Deal looks ugly.

• haha
Reactions: Nimrota and kuzon

gokuss4

28 Jan 2023
Ooof CMA backtracked! They said it was suppose to be a done deal by the 18th, but they just said nah at the final moment lmao. CMA truly is a wild card! MS won't be happy. Deal looks ugly.
Im actually getting bored with this deal lol
Time to watch jujutsu kaisen I guess 😅

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Red2Radio
OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022

How did they backtrack? This is slower than what Microsoft wanted per the CAT hearing 😂

So unless MS and ABK agree, via their respective shareholders, to extend the deal up to or beyond the 29th, the deal is dead on tuesday.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly
OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
By the way @KingOfTheDead

You would be somewhere around "Peak of Mount Stupid". Most people here are around the Valley of Despair.

512px-Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_Effect_01.svg.png