Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

KingOfTheDead

Banned
3 Jul 2023
By the way @KingOfTheDead

You would be somewhere around "Peak of Mount Stupid". Most people here are around the Valley of Despair.

512px-Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_Effect_01.svg.png
Nope, i was on the money. They were going to finish it on the 18th. Deadline day. So they were going to give them the nod to close. But they just said today, they need more time.

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

KingOfTheDead

Banned
3 Jul 2023
How did they backtrack? This is slower than what Microsoft wanted per the CAT hearing 😂

So unless MS and ABK agree, via their respective shareholders, to extend the deal up to or beyond the 29th, the deal is dead on tuesday.
no it isnt slower lol. CAT would have to find a error and send it back to the CMA sometime in August and then the CMA would take another look. that would take a month or 2. So October. You actually don't know how anything works lol

• haha

KingOfTheDead

Banned
3 Jul 2023
MS needs an extension or they plan to close over the cma or the deal is dead. But i want to see if Brad Smith tweets anything about it in the morning.

• haha
Reactions: FatKaz

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
King I told you to short Microsoft earlier today before this was announced! Let's hope Bobby Kotick realises he has both Microsoft and Playstation by the balls and decides to either stay independent or raise the price by a lot. I can really speak of his fiduciary duty, but ABK comes out of this looking quite strong, who really knows whether it is even in their best interests to wait this out post the 18th.

• haha
Reactions: KingOfTheDead

KingOfTheDead

Banned
3 Jul 2023
King I told you to short Microsoft earlier today before this was announced! Let's hope Bobby Kotick realises he has both Microsoft and Playstation by the balls and decides to either stay independent or raise the price by a lot. I can really speak of his fiduciary duty, but ABK comes out of this looking quite strong, who really knows whether it is even in their best interests to wait this out post the 18th.
lol you didnt tell me anything, i was correct, but the CMA changed their mind to August 29th. you didnt prove me wrong in anything. I said they worked things out to close in time, they initial did. BUT they change their mind today.

DemonRavana

30 Jun 2023
It went back to the same judge ? & She made her mind up that quicky ? What's the point in bothering when the system is already rigged

For some reason it's typical in the US system to first ask the same judge for an emergency stay before moving on to the actual appeals court. Likely the 9th circuit will deny the emergency stay too (the appeal hearing is something different altogether and comes later) but unlike with judge Corley, that's not a 100% guarantee.

25 Jul 2022
Nope, i was on the money. They were going to finish it on the 18th. Deadline day. So they were going to give them the nod to close. But they just said today, they need more time.

Where did you get your info that CMA would finish by the 18th you just made that up right? They agreed to look at any new proposals indicating talks were at an early stage and may trigger a further investigation of the proposal. Thats it, anything beyond that is pure copefiction.

KingOfTheDead

Banned
3 Jul 2023
Where did you get your info that CMA would finish by the 18th you just made that up right? They agreed to look at any new proposals indicating talks were at an early stage and may trigger a further investigation of the proposal. Thats it, anything beyond that is pure copefiction.
i got it from Literally the CMA. Literally the CMA. They just said they were due to make a final decision on the 18th. Deadline day. But they said they need more time. 6 weeks. I've been saying the CMA and MS worked things out, to close in time for days. They said i was dumb for thinking that. A idiot. But i was correct.

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
i got it from Literally the CMA. Literally the CMA. They just said they were due to make a final decision on the 18th. Deadline day. But they said they need more time. 6 weeks. I've been saying the CMA and MS worked things out, to close in time for days. They said i was dumb for thinking that. A idiot. But i was correct.
What's your source the CMA said this?

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
It has to dawn on some that some folks just enjoy trolling - no transaction taking place. And this forum, the more it grows, the larger the target on its back for being PS centric. PC/Xbox fanboys will try their luck, the incentive for the "lols" is too great to ignore - "Witness Me" meme. Mind you they're correct in their assessment - until as usual a little conversation is had behind the scenes and the trolling games are put to an end. Usually via ban.