Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Eggman

12 Apr 2023

Jfc that's your issue getting all your information filtered through that moron Xbox shill.

Read this from a normal person

It will take longer because Microsoft recently made changes and the CMA will investigate as they should, not because the CMA is "stalling" or "changed their minds" as you put it. Microsoft made the changes and the CMA have to look at them.

It is also likely meaningless as Microsoft likely are not going to do what the CMA offered they could do in their last of proposed remedies

Edit: I like how Warren avoids the key details that the reason it got pushed back is because of Microsoft and refers to them as "special reasons" instead to make it look like the CMA is doing something wrong. He's such a fucking clown, stop getting your information from him

Last edited:

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
So the cma is stalling til after the 18th into august, when the ftc has their formal trial? I guess we’ll see after all if abk stick around post 18th or takes walk with 3 billion. Xbots seem to take this as a win so idk what to think.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Darth Vader

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
So the cma is stalling til after the 18th into august, when the ftc has their formal trial? I guess we’ll see after all if abk stick around post 18th or takes walk with 3 billion. Xbots seem to take this as a win so idk what to think.
CMA aren't stalling at all, this is the narrative the shills are pushing.

Like a responsible regulator they are investigating the modified deal that microsoft have proposed. They won't be rushing their decision to appease them. 6 weeks sounds fair if the deal hasn't been modified wholesale.

Acquiescence

2 Oct 2022
The internet was absolutely rife with misinformation and FUD on the day the judge denied the preliminary injunction, and it's still continuing now.

image.png

That bottom tweet is just objectively untrue for instance. There's no way this deal is going to close by the 18th without MS breaking UK law. It's looking like MS and ABK will HAVE to re-negotiate.

Red2Radio

13 Mar 2023
Germany
Im actually getting bored with this deal lol
Time to watch jujutsu kaisen I guess 😅
Yeah, this deal is one of the worst events to happen to gaming when it comes to pure discussion. it's annoying. The one good thing it did is expose Xbox for all their lies and their "fanbase" for the paid shills they are. Absolute terrible all around. No wonder Xbox is hated everywhere but english speaking countries. Screw MSFT.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
So if the deal is nuked, who else you think they gonna try to absorb.

My guess Ubisoft, they just lurk wait for company in trouble to snoop like a dog.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Xbots crying again some actually Microsoft should sue the CMA 🤣

Can we not use Xbots, Ponies terminology?

This poster on Gaf basically sums up how I feel on the current discourse of gaming and why im not posting as much anymore:

truth.png

So can we stop with the dumb xbot/Pony stuff? If you want to be like that there's discord channels where you can let everything fly. Ask someone here for the offical Icon era discord if you are interested. Some good peeps over there.

But on this forum we really should be above all this dumb stuff. I know its hard because of the environment that we have noted above. But I don't want new people being pushed away or laughing at this place everyone built being passionate fans. Regardless of what you prefer.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022

This poster on Gaf basically sums up how I feel on the current discourse of gaming and why im not posting as much anymore:

View attachment 1865

So can we stop with the dumb xbot/Pony stuff? If you want to be like that there's discord channels where you can let everything fly. Ask someone here for the offical Icon era discord if you are interested. Some good peeps over there.

But on this forum we really should be above all this dumb stuff. I know its hard because of the environment that we have noted above. But I don't want new people being pushed away or laughing at this place everyone built being passionate fans. Regardless of what you prefer.
I disagree when he says ps fans are being hypocritical when they talk about consolidation and gamepass being bad as these are both true.
Everything else, he is on point.
And he is on the forum @ChorizoPicozo

DemonRavana

30 Jun 2023

View attachment 1865

I think the Pony/Xbot stuff is silly too, but...

Consolidation is legitimately terrible though. It's already messed up multiple industries and being opposed to it isn't a charade.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I disagree when he says ps fans are being hypocritical when they talk about consolidation and gamepass being bad as these are both true.
Everything else, he is on point.
And he is on the forum @ChorizoPicozo

Yea I think there's merit to being concerned, but in my opinion I think its overblown to be honest. Sony isn't going anywhere, their studios are still the best in the industry nothing in the next 5 years or so will change that.

I think the Pony/Xbot stuff is silly too, but...

Consolidation is legitimately terrible though. It's already messed up multiple industries and being opposed to it isn't a charade.

Yea, and I have mentioned my 2 cents multiple times. Consolidation is bad. But to act like this will be the end of the gaming sphere and that Nintendo, or Sony will cease to exist is literally overreacting.

If the industry crashes because all this 10 years from now leads to a buying war, and people get sick of all the tactics/MTX's/Season passes ect that games become. Then people will stop buying stuff, and industry will reset itself in the form of small startups making regular games people want to play.