Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
@ChorizoPicozo WTF is this?

truth-png.1865

DemonRavana

30 Jun 2023
Yea I think there's merit to being concerned, but in my opinion I think its overblown to be honest. Sony isn't going anywhere, their studios are still the best in the industry nothing in the next 5 years or so will change that.

Just speaking for myself, the general concern isn't necessarily what will happen when Activision gets bought out, it's that literally the biggest domino in the industry will have fallen and suddenly anyone who wants to be in gaming over the next decade will feel like they're going to have to answer with a big splash of their own. Everyone is going to lose in that scenario, everyone is going to have games that were typically multiplatform getting snagged up and we'll eventually have something resembling the modern streaming movie and TV streaming climate more than I would like.

It won't happen overnight, but as we go year after year and publishers continually get bought out and typically multiplat games get pushed behind certain streamers or singular platforms, it's not a great view of the future of gaming imo.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Can we not use Xbots, Ponies terminology?

This poster on Gaf basically sums up how I feel on the current discourse of gaming and why im not posting as much anymore:

View attachment 1865

So can we stop with the dumb xbot/Pony stuff? If you want to be like that there's discord channels where you can let everything fly. Ask someone here for the offical Icon era discord if you are interested. Some good peeps over there.

But on this forum we really should be above all this dumb stuff. I know its hard because of the environment that we have noted above. But I don't want new people being pushed away or laughing at this place everyone built being passionate fans. Regardless of what you prefer.
Can Xbots stop showing up then? MS is clearly paying for shills and bots to control the narrative on social media (including boards).

Why would anyone be an Xbox or MS fan without being paid? At least Sony has a long history of making great consoles and great games.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023

This poster on Gaf basically sums up how I feel on the current discourse of gaming and why im not posting as much anymore:

View attachment 1865

So can we stop with the dumb xbot/Pony stuff? If you want to be like that there's discord channels where you can let everything fly. Ask someone here for the offical Icon era discord if you are interested. Some good peeps over there.

But on this forum we really should be above all this dumb stuff. I know its hard because of the environment that we have noted above. But I don't want new people being pushed away or laughing at this place everyone built being passionate fans. Regardless of what you prefer.
I mean they are literal bots so.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I don't understand the Xbox fans that have such resentment over things that are incredibly normal in this industry and that MS themselves have engaged in. (exclusive games) I guess they only started gaming during the glory days of the 360 and thought that period would always last or should be the norm.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Can Xbots stop showing up then? MS is clearly paying for shills and bots to control the narrative on social media (including boards).

Why would anyone be an Xbox or MS fan without being paid? At least Sony has a long history of making great consoles and great games.

There is the ignore and report feature?

If people are coming into threads just to spam/troll mods will take care of it. Don't feed them, which calling them green rats/bots does. If you want the discussion to actually be good then you need to help shape it. And that also means not spamming/attacking/dog piling posters who may like some things that come from Microsoft/Xbox.

You can disagree and have mutual respect. If the person is just there to bash, then hit the ignore feature and report.

Mods here have done an already great job weeding people out who are joining in bad faith just to spam and are doing it across multiple accounts. This deal just got moved to August, so we have another month of this type of discourse which will continue and get worse if we let it.

My enjoyment for Video games because of this terrible us/ vs them mentality is at a low and should be high as a kite as 2023 was an amazing year for games.

I can't wait to start my second playthrough of FF16, and am waiting patiently for October for Spiderman 2.

Reactions: Lord Mittens

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I don't understand the Xbox fans that have such resentment over things that are incredibly normal in this industry and that MS themselves have engaged in. (exclusive games) I guess they only started gaming during the glory days of the 360 and thought that period would always last or should be the norm.
Their exclusives are not critically and commercially acclaimed, and ignore they only have themselves to blame.

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022

View attachment 1865

@ChorizoPicozo (y)

• Shake
Reactions: Papacheeks

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Just like I thought, this new deal is going to ringfence the UK specifically. MS just has to play the waiting game at this point since FTC was dumb enough to give them this momentum with the CMA

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Tick tock time is ticking

Also today is Wimbledon semi final. CMA not gonna even bother to look that shit until next week. Good luck

• Shake
Reactions: Cool hand luke

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Of all Republicans on the committee, Issa has received the most donations from Big Tech employees and company PACs, with more than $134,000, including $71,000 from Microsoft’s PAC—making the company one of his top PAC contributors—and nearly $34,000 from Google employees.

This is the corrupt pos that was barking earlier. The whole institution is corrupt, top to bottom - it's actually news to figure out who's actually not tainted and corrupt by a PAC. The U.S has legalized corruption - in the form of lobbying and campaign contributions - beyond the normal avenues of corruption as old as fire itself which are hush-hush like insider trading (stock market), the revolving door, family "connections", "speeches for money", "family foundations and charity foundations", "book deals", "art" and the like etc. It's pure unfiltered rot.

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
It's what Microsoft foster... They feed this idea that Sony is to blame for their failures. It's how they stay relevant. To MS, it's all about evangelising and weaponizing their fanbase.