Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Is that really going to be a big deal though? CMA agreed to look at a new proposal by MS and the process won't be done by the 18th. This just determines whether the appeal trial still happens in light of this if I understand correctly.
I have the hunch we can expect another PR Blitz by Microsoft on Monday. Monday is gonna be wild I feel.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
The market cap is currently OVER the agreed price, so if the deal goes through all shareholders would theoretically "lose" money now lol.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
How lame is it that I get a warning for making a joke after the other user started to accuse me of not having sex in a thread about ABK/MS out of nowhere?

This forum is not what it used to be troll are protected while regular uses a thrown under the bus.

Either remove my warning or permaban me.

• haha
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
ABK have the upper hand here.

They can walk away with 3 billion, or ask for more money per share for a new deal.

CMA still got the current deal blocked, and FTC still in litigations.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023

They can walk away with 3 billion, or ask for more money per share for a new deal.

most likely outcome is ABK get the extra money they ask for and the deadline is extended. FTC continues to flame out in court with their horrible lawyers, and CMA allow this new ringfencing strategy in the UK.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Wasn't the agreed price 95$ per share, and not the 69 billion?
market cap is just stock price * outstanding shares. So a 69 dollar billion price should net them that much money, so you divide it up by the # of shares.

Market cap is currently 71 billion, so it's basically worth more than what they agreed to at this point, unless I am missing something.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
market cap is just stock price * outstanding shares. So a 69 dollar billion price should net them that much money, so you divide it up by the # of shares.

Market cap is currently 71 billion, so it's basically worth more than what they agreed to at this point, unless I am missing something.
Current value is tied to the acquisition, the big shareholders that control it can't cash out now.

The market is behaving like the deal happening is pretty much a certainty.

24 Jun 2022

I dunno; will ABK want to risk losing out on $69 billion due to being too greedy for even Microsoft? If it's a choice between $3 billion and $69 billion, and they're both about equally guaranteed, ABK will likely just re-negotiate at the current offer price vs. pushing for an equivalent premium to where the stock is now (which would put the price above $100 billion).

Something is telling me MS & ABK will come to an agreement on the original offer price, and make it so they can close the deal in other markets outside of the UK while they work something out with the CMA over a couple months or whatever, and then close there. I'd much rather be proven wrong about this speculation, than speculate the chances are high the deal fails, because at least this way I can be pleasantly surprised.

most likely outcome is ABK get the extra money they ask for and the deadline is extended. FTC continues to flame out in court with their horrible lawyers, and CMA allow this new ringfencing strategy in the UK.

Agreed but I don't think ABK are going to ask for extra money TBH. They were already overvalued (IMO) at $69 billion, and I think they know that. They don't want to risk Microsoft walking away and leaving them with "only" $3 billion when they could've easily gotten more than 20x that amount.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Current value is tied to the acquisition, the big shareholders that control it can't cash out now.
Well yeah, it's tied to the acquisition of course. It has been to some degree for awhile now. I just find it interesting it's higher than the asking price at this point.

If they have to renegotiate, why wouldn't ABK ask for a significantly higher asking price?

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
If so, then it'll be interesting to see what the reworked 'just for UK' deal looks like.

CMA asked for complete divestiture of Activision and CoD previously, so what would be an equivalent remedy just for the UK that the CMA accepts?

Wouldn't a modification of their agreement still require to get reviewed from other countries, though?

Still lots of questions...

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Well yeah, it's tied to the acquisition of course. It has been to some degree for awhile now. I just find it interesting it's higher than the asking price at this point.

If they have to renegotiate, why wouldn't ABK ask for a significantly higher asking price?
It bellow the 95$ per share.

The only explanation for it to be higher would be people betting on a renegotiated deal.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
How lame is it that I get a warning for making a joke after the other user started to accuse me of not having sex in a thread about ABK/MS out of nowhere?

This forum is not what it used to be troll are protected while regular uses a thrown under the bus.

Either remove my warning or permaban me.
I think the warnings are not really enforced so I don't think you should let it bother you too much. Don't ask for a ban because of this please.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I think the warnings are not really enforced so I don't think you should let it bother you too much. Don't ask for a ban because of this please.
I offered them a choice, remove the warning or permaban me. I think it's pretty fair. If the warning was actually intended and not a mistake I'm out since it would mean this is not a board for me. I don't want be part of another Neogaf or Resetera with abusive mods.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters