What happened?

rlIEK93.png

ZYEPGrF.png

CorruptRegularGalah-size_restricted.gif
He realized he's been lied to...

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
The one I posted? It's honestly pretty accurate minus some things i disagree a little with.

The whole division and mudd flinging has come to a nasty head. It's worse now than it ever was during xb360 Gen.

I'm just sick of it and will start reporting ignoring people who continue to use that terminology. It's so childish.
No, he's talking about that cult like pic with Greenberg.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022

PlayStation fans are exaggerating and hypocritical about consolidation and gamepass potentially ruining gaming? Ok then.

There’s a lot of industries where companies buying up everything had a detrimental affect. It’s not just the games industry.

As for PlayStation going out of business because of Activision.....no. At the time people need to stop acting like MS buying them is some normal thing and a small ineffective purchase. You’re just ignoring reality.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
FTC will be in Administrative court by then. Interesting. MS is worth trillions I see no reason why they won't pay Acti whatever they want to extend past the 18th.
Hopefully ABK will ask for 90B or above.

If MS take the deal then they will be broke to afford anything in the next 10 years

Reactions: ultimateFF

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
So guys what will happen now until July 18th?
We know so far the request for an appeal of Judge Corley’s decision was denied.
Deadline is terminated for 18th July , 2023.
CMA extended their final report to August 29th…

I am asking myself which scenario will occur:

Scenario 1: Activision Blizzard and Microsoft are working a new extended deal + deadline. They announce it on Sunday or Monday. They are waiting for the report of CMA and maybe appeal it depending on result.

Scenario 2: Microsoft will close with pure force this acquisition. Microsoft violating UK and USA laws. Microsoft getting sanctioned and sued by the government of UK & USA. Trouble awaits Microsoft the next months…

Scenario 3: Activision Blizzard is backing off this deal and gets the $3B compensation fee by Microsoft. Microsoft is in internal hell because of this disastrous outcome and preparing for leaving console business within the next few months. Drastic announcements following…

What do you think we can expect?
Your factual opinions are welcome.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
There is the ignore and report feature?

If people are coming into threads just to spam/troll mods will take care of it. Don't feed them, which calling them green rats/bots does. If you want the discussion to actually be good then you need to help shape it. And that also means not spamming/attacking/dog piling posters who may like some things that come from Microsoft/Xbox.

You can disagree and have mutual respect. If the person is just there to bash, then hit the ignore feature and report.

Mods here have done an already great job weeding people out who are joining in bad faith just to spam and are doing it across multiple accounts. This deal just got moved to August, so we have another month of this type of discourse which will continue and get worse if we let it.

My enjoyment for Video games because of this terrible us/ vs them mentality is at a low and should be high as a kite as 2023 was an amazing year for games.

I can't wait to start my second playthrough of FF16, and am waiting patiently for October for Spiderman 2.
I don't care nearly that much. If someone is acting like a Xbox or a Sony fanboy they should be called out, that's fine. The place becomes a lot more toxic when people can go around like Adamsapple being passive aggressive and yet other people are afraid to call him out.

Plenty of people here don't like my post because I'm a PlayStation doomer, it's fine, it's their opinion, just like I don't like plenty of people that always side with Sony no matter what despite the fact I generally like PlayStation.

PlayStation fans are exaggerating and hypocritical about consolidation and gamepass potentially ruining gaming? Ok then.

There’s a lot of industries where companies buying up everything had a detrimental affect. It’s not just the games industry.

As for PlayStation going out of business because of Activision.....no. At the time people need to stop acting like MS buying them is some normal thing and a small ineffective purchase. You’re just ignoring reality.

PlayStation fans have had a good thing going on for 25+ years while Xbox sucked for most of that time and hardly managed to ever create great games, why shouldn't we be worried about MS using money from other division to allow Xbox to dominate the market? This deal blowing up in their faces would be awesome.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022

I am asking myself which scenario will occur:

Scenario 1: Activision Blizzard and Microsoft are working a new extended deal + deadline. They announce it on Sunday or Monday. They are waiting for the report of CMA and maybe appeal it depending on result.

Scenario 2: Microsoft will close with pure force this acquisition. Microsoft violating UK and USA laws. Microsoft getting sanctioned and sued by the government of UK & USA. Trouble awaits Microsoft the next months…

Scenario 3: Activision Blizzard is backing off this deal and gets the $3B compensation fee by Microsoft. Microsoft is in internal hell because of this disastrous outcome and preparing for leaving console business within the next few months. Drastic announcements following…

Probably 2 or 3.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023

Scenario 3: Activision Blizzard is backing off this deal and gets the $3B compensation fee by Microsoft. Microsoft is in internal hell because of this poor outcome and Phil Spencer got canned. Other Xbox busineee go on as usual. They will annouce price hike on Game Pass price and potentially acquire Ubisoft.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Scenario 3: Activision Blizzard is backing off this deal and gets the $3B compensation fee by Microsoft. Microsoft is in internal hell because of this poor outcome and Phil Spencer got canned. Other Xbox busineee go on as usual. They will annouce price hike on Game Pass price and potentially acquire Ubisoft.
Scenario 4: Phil Spencer is arrested for lying under oath, MS publicly apologies for developing such a long line of bad gaming products and signs a 100 years deal to stay away from the gaming market.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Scenario 6 (very likely indeed): you keep antagonizing people like this, and true justice will be served here.
Scenario 4: Phil Spencer is arrested for lying under oath, MS publicly apologies for developing such a long line of bad gaming products and signs a 100 years deal to stay away from the gaming market.
Scenario 5 (the least likely one of all): You have sex.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I don't care nearly that much. If someone is acting like a Xbox or a Sony fanboy they should be called out, that's fine. The place becomes a lot more toxic when people can go around like Adamsapple being passive aggressive and yet other people are afraid to call him out.

Plenty of people here don't like my post because I'm a PlayStation doomer, it's fine, it's their opinion, just like I don't like plenty of people that always side with Sony no matter what despite the fact I generally like PlayStation.

PlayStation fans have had a good thing going on for 25+ years while Xbox sucked for most of that time and hardly managed to ever create great games, why shouldn't we be worried about MS using money from other division to allow Xbox to dominate the market? This deal blowing up in their faces would be awesome.

Calling them out all it does is make threads balloon into bickering conversations. Thats why I said as we continue on with threads like these and deals similar to these ignore and report is the best way to get through to someone who's being that way.

They will get warnings, and if they continue then they get temp ban, after that they are the architect of their own destruction. DOn't have them drag you down with them.

There are Sony fans that i have on ignore because all they do is talk like what I mentioned. And I'm a huge Playstation guy. It gets exhausting. I'm too old for this childish shit, I want to just talk video games, and have legit discussion.

Last edited: