Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
What a little cunt. I love how they all show their true colors
F1CpC3EXgAAH0wp

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
Wait and see if Xbox succeeds or struggles due to mismanagement. But if Xbox succeeds in gaining market share then things will change...for the worst. A competition in acquiring is not the battle Sony can win against MS.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Wait and see if Xbox succeeds or struggles due to mismanagement. But if Xbox succeeds in gaining market share then things will change...for the worst. A competition in acquiring is not the battle Sony can win against MS.

F1B4f5AWwAAnjXk
They should be more worried about the brain drain that will more than likely happen. But I hate the fact they've amassed so many more IP's. Thats the area I want Playstation to zone in on.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Told you it's a done deal.

Fear not, PS gamers. Sony's about to splurge on another garage developer, with no IPs and a penchant for GaaS.
You mean like Naughty Dog and Guerilla? When Sony bought those studios they had no valuable IP. So what would you have said then? Don’t say Crash Bandicoot, because Sony didn’t own that IP.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
MS has more of a chance in running playstation out of business then Japanese regulators allowing two of their biggest corporations to be bought. They are too significant culturally to be bought by a foreign company. Sony's absolutely idiotic for allowing themselves to become so reliant on call of duty, to the point where there should already have been some investment in activision if that was the case. instead they grew comfortable and allowed a rival to swoop in.
Man you just come up with bad take after bad take. Lol

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
If CMA accepts a deal that they cannot run cloud gaming in the UK, then that's weak.
Any sources talking about the details of this?

Only one I could find was Bloomberg, assuming this is this is actually what ms are offering yeah it sounds pathetically weak. It's not even giving up full control and will bring the same headaches as behaviourol remedies.

Microsoft Corp. and Activision Blizzard Inc. are considering giving up some control of their cloud-gaming business in the UK as a way to appease regulators so they can complete their $69 billion merger by the July 18 deadline, according to people familiar with the matter.

That could involve selling off the cloud-based market rights for games in the UK to a telecommunications, gaming or internet-based computing company, said the people, who asked not to be identified discussing confidential planning. A private equity company might also be interested, said one person.

DForce

24 Jun 2022
Any sources talking about the details of this?

Only one I could find was Bloomberg, assuming this is this is actually what ms are offering yeah it sounds pathetically weak. It's not even giving up full control and will bring the same headaches as behaviourol remedies.
Yeah, several people reported that's what Microsoft offered a remedy for cloud gaming.. either selling it off or refusing to run it in the UK.

I'm not saying it would happen, but it's just something I cannot shake from my mind because I don't trust what's happening behind the scenes.

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
They should be more worried about the brain drain that will more than likely happen. But I hate the fact they've amassed so many more IP's. Thats the area I want Playstation to zone in on.
Yeah but companies have to agree to get acquired. If they have a long term strategy of their own which has impressed their shareholders then Sony has to pay much more than what they are worth to change their minds.

Unlike MS who acquire anyone, Sony prefers to have a close relationship with studios. Also the financial risk for making big moves. A safe and most obvious option is Square Enix, which is not enough really, compared to what MS owns now.
Yuji Horii calls the shots on Dragon Quest IP and decides everything. Kingdom Hearts belongs to Disney.

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
I love third-party exclusives approach used by Jim Ryan, because it make us PS5 owner feels special, as we should as the no.1 console in the world.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
feldman v arizona secretary of state 843 F.3d 366

FTC vs Warner Communications

It looks like the 9th circuit did not think the FTC would be likely to prove the merits of the case.

Or, the balance of equities couldn't be met. Actually this seems likely the cause of the denial to me as it seems to me that one party (Microsoft) would suffer irreparable harm if the injunction was granted, as the deadline for the deal would be breached.
Translation: we denied this because to our corrupt asses was given an order from our overlord.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Old Gamer

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
- FTC shows evidence
- Corrupt judges say "nah, you wouldn't be able to prove anything"
Person killed complete stranger in accident.

Corley was like : I don't care, it is 1 degree premeditated murder.
9th court : agreed. We denying Because it will do irreparable damage to dead man.

25 Jun 2023
lately someone posted a graphic or was it a twitter post?, with an overview of the games taken away by Sony and those by Microsoft
can anybody lead me to it, i cant find it again o_O

edit: just as i posted this, i found it :LOL: