Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Again, it doesn’t matter who’s at the helm at PS. MS has the legal system in their pockets because they’re a trillion dollar corporation that buys politicians as part of their business processes. How would Kaz have stopped this?

Anticompetitive institutions are a joke, especially in then US.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I can’t believe how many supporters here are for Jimbo. I will said once again: Jim Ryan and Hermen Hulst will drag Sony down to the abyss. Mark my words.
I disagreed with you on this a while ago. I'm pretty much in agreement with you now. If that's what jim wants then who am i to argue lol.

Who knows maybe these idiots actually have a big acquistion lined up and don't care anymore.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
4d chess move by Jimbo and Hulst. you guys just don't see it

Trying Not To Laugh GIF

• haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Yes. MS now has 2 plants in regulatory agencies specifically used for acquisitions.

So basically let all the Microsoft acquisitions through and block the Sony ones.

Nonsense.

There’s nothing stopping Sony doing the same now.

With the same remedies like Microsoft provided.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
Here's the deal, though. With this move, Sony now subsidizes GP itself. PS will rake in billions for MS. Sony is now directly bolstering their competition's income.

Maybe cutting it off now is better than subsidizing GP for 10 years.
Whilst I get what you're saying, by getting rid of COD they'd be handing the other 30% of sale and mtx sales split to XB, and losing it for themselves. This is no good as a plan, as we've seen how much money COD makes for PS, and the fact that some PS users ONLY play COD.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
If the deal is not complete within the next 3 days and the CMA needs more time, then the signing of this deal was probably precautionary on Sony's part. I guess tomorrow we'll know more.
That's why CMA should not take it serously and combined with the fact that CMA never saw MS removing cod from console as a concern, don't think this changes things with them. Sony have also gone on record arguing hard against these console deals, so last minute contract signing shows it is a precautionary move to protect it's buisness due to some regulators failing to do their jobs.

But none of us can predict what they will do so yeah have to wait and see.

Last edited:
Reactions: DForce

Welfare

Forum Veteran
23 Jan 2023
You guys actually thought Sony should stop COD from being made on PS? Come on now.

Think of it like this, before 2020 Sony made 30% of the revenue from COD on PS4. Activision then made them go 80:20 to continue the partnership, forcing Sony to lose 1/3rd of their revenue. Now Sony is getting that 1/3rd back.

PlayStation isn't dead or will die. They'll continue to be a successful platform. Remember that the Microsoft board of directors only approved the purchase of ABK within the framework that Call of Duty stayed on PS. They aren't going to pull it in 10 years.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
so is it better to your own demise? wtf is this?
no wonder Ybarra and Phil opened expensive glass of drink when Jimbo was sign as PS CEO.

fucking comedy. incompetent VS incompetent.
There’s nothing they can do about it at this point. And I bet this contract is better than the obscene one they offered previously.
But they can’t cut one of their main sources of revenue and risk losing a big number of their userbase out of spite. It is what it is.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
That's why CMA should not take it serously and combined with the fact that CMA never saw MS removing cod from console as a concern, not sure if this changes things with them. Sony have also gone on record arguing hard against these cloud deals, so last minute contract signing shows it is a precautionary move to protect it's buisness due to some regulators failing to do their jobs.

But none of us can predict what they will do so yeah have to wait and see.

It fucking better be a precautionary move.

Reactions: KickNamesTakeAss

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
It fucking better be a precautionary move.
It pretty much is . Sony were one of the companies going on record making the biggest noise for months how bad alot of these deals were and then wanting the merger blocked, heck Jim had a video testimony of him being against the deal only 2 weeks ago.

Suddenly just soon after the FTC fail to get a PI and CMA are investigating a new deal they are ok with it?

They obviously aren't ok with it, but if regulators can't do their jobs what else can they do? Obviously I think they are dumb and should have waited for the CMA, it is what it is.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Congratulations Jim Ryan, you’re a man with courage. I can’t believe how many supporters here are for Jimbo. I will said once again: Jim Ryan and Hermen Hulst will drag Sony down to the abyss. Mark my words.

What he should do anyway? Not sign a deal loose COD and millions of PS users?? Like i've other said, probably be a precautionary move.