Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
And no, its not jim ryans fault first party output is light. He can’t make naughty dog and Suckerpunch put out games faster. They’ve already given all their studios way more funding and resources then Layden ever did.

So basically, he's not to blame for anything. Good to know. I wish I had his job, where I can fuck everything up and still have people say "it's not your fault".

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Basically;

Abk, msft and cma want this over, the judge is like what changed show me something?

The cma and msft are like “ahh we dont know what changed, we have not seen it yet”

The judge is not having it, looks like msft dont want to go in front of the tribunal on the 28th cause they might lose, and the cma also dont want to go in front of the tribunal on the 28th because they might end up looking like the ftc. Neither ms or the cma have anymore leverage.
The CAT is the final boss. Its now literally the cma/abk/msft vs CAT😂😂😂😂😂

This is hilarious and sad at the same time.

The Judge CLEARLY SEES the bullshit bribery going on in front of him.

The CAT might tell them to fuck off and block the deal themselves.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
If this is a normal world, this would be a great example of corruption in juridical system. This would sway people to hate goverment and big corporation. Too bad we live in clown world 🤡

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Arminius

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Basically;

Abk, msft and cma want this over, the judge is like what changed show me something?

The cma and msft are like “ahh we dont know what changed, we have not seen it yet”

The judge is not having it, looks like msft dont want to go in front of the tribunal on the 28th cause they might lose, and the cma also dont want to go in front of the tribunal on the 28th because they might end up looking like the ftc. Neither ms or the cma have anymore leverage.
The CAT is the final boss. Its now literally the cma/abk/msft vs CAT😂😂😂😂😂
The Judge is just not eating all the made up shit from MS and now sudden CMA change of behavior after a secret deal with MS.

Reactions: kuzon

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
So basically, he's not to blame for anything. Good to know. I wish I had his job, where I can fuck everything up and still have people say "it's not your fault".

When playstation itself stops making record revenue and selling a shitload of consoles and games, then yeah…maybe you might have a reason to give him the boot.

Jim Ryan’s job isn’t in service to you its in service to the company, he’s not a politician. The company right now is doing fine despite doom and gloom on the internet

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
never said he was powerless, he’s acting on the discretion as SIE as a whole. He didn’t wake up one morning and decide he’s going to fight Microsoft with his own game plan. Sony pay people to guide them through these hostile mergers, sony as a company are doing pretty much everything within their power to dictate the best terms for them.

Nothing else at Activision Blizzard means anyhting to most people, we get Overwatch and Diablo already, and no one cares about Spyro and Crash bandicoot.

Nintendo getting a better deal is idiotic. Their console can’t even natively run COD And by their next console the game will also be a compromised verison. Nintendo doesn’t care about getting c-tier platformers on their console either when they have fucking mario and kirby

And no, its not jim ryans fault first party output is light. He can’t make naughty dog and Suckerpunch put out games faster. They’ve already given all their studios way more funding and resources then Layden ever did.

sony making multiplayer games again will be the best decision SIE has made in the past decade considering the current circumstances.
Kinda of agree and disagree here.

Jimbo needs to be blamed to everything that happens… no matter what the issue he is the Boss and needs to be accounted for that.

And I agree studios like ND is underdelivering this gen… but again maybe it is the word top down focus on remaster/remakes and PC ports.

Maybe if ND didn’t have to work in these remaster/remakes and PC ports maybe they could have launched a new game already.

Something very wrong is happening internally at ND and of course Jimbo needs to take action (and be responsible because he is the boss).

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Kinda of agree and disagree here.

Jimbo needs to be blamed to everything that happens… no matter what the issue he is the Boss and needs to be accounted for that.

And I agree studios like ND is underdelivering this gen… but again maybe it is the word top down focus on remaster/remakes and PC ports.
ND situation probably Neil Druckmann idea.

I don't know we he loves TLoU so much, considering it not even a proper franchise.

24 Jun 2022
Another problem I see for Sony is most if not all of their major ip have gone off the deep end on “woke” politics and characters in an environment where consumers are on the look out to it and are voting with their wallets. Disney is a good example of doing something similar with their ips and they’ve had a horrible year. So not only are they slowly losing ip from third parties, they’re also making what they do have, undesirable to large swathe of potential customers.

Nah, you're gonna have to give me some actual examples of this. What is "woke" about GT7? Astro's Playroom? Ghosts of Tsushima? Rift Apart? Demon's Souls Remake? Returnal? I feel like people clinging to this talking point can only latch onto TLOU Part 2 as something even semi-concrete, but IMO they could have replaced Abby with a straight white guy and you'd still have the same problem of killing Joel off a rather unflattering and seemingly rushed way. That's a questionable narrative decision that isn't changed much just because you alter the character's gender, sexuality, or ethnicity.

I've seen some people try saying Horizon Forbidden West is "woke" too; more recently because of the (optional) lesbian relationship between Aloy and Sekya, but prior to that because there were too many "diverse" people. Look, I'm just going to be honest: in a game that is post-apocalyptic, and takes place in America of all countries...no shit you're going to have a diverse cast. Black, Latino, Asian, gay, straight, male, female...most of the people complaining about that being "woke" are honestly just too scared to say what they really want to say, IMO, and they aren't worth considering as part of any real conversation.

Never mind at least online, the vast majority I've seen trying to weaponize that are Xbox fanatics and Xbox fanatics masquerading as PCMR dopes, along with some of the usual anti-woke grifters. Keep in mind, these are the same type who feel Sony's existence in the gaming market is a hostile attack on America by a foreign enemy. You really want to take what THESE idiots say as serious?

I don't know where you got the idea Sony's games have gone "woke"; I think you've been hanging around too many Xbox circles TBH. Disney's problems are due to overt & blatant agenda-pushing that has coincided with a drop in overall storytelling quality. They have also excessively attacked their own fans and called them bigots, gaslit them etc. even when their criticisms have nothing to do with identity politics. Sony's not done any of that. And it's really surprising you're saying this considering Sony've just come off from GOWR, HFW and have Spiderman 2 coming in a couple of months.

In short, this argument makes absolutely no sense.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Shithole like Brazil and India I guess.
Take it back, I'm from Brazil an PlayStation dominates here. Xbox has close to no retail presence here, PlayStation dominates discussions, has more marketing, much better value on second hand market (for both console and games), etc. The Brazilian Xbox community just happens to be extra toxic.

I also remember Sony being oddly strong in India for some reason.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Eh most Sony's studios are based California, so of course it gonna have identity politics.

Personally I don't care about it, as long as the game is fun to play and the story/world building are no solely built around identity politics. *Cough cough Disney*

Sony does need more Japanese devs though, to deepen their portfolio.

My favorite "diversity depiction" is the tribe thingy in tlou2. Chinese in freaking Seattle of all place, putting up a tribe and force their daughters to married to men. Like do ND writers thing Chinese American are Mongols of 21st century or some shit?

Last edited:

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
ND situation probably Neil Druckmann idea.

I don't know we he loves TLoU so much, considering it not even a proper franchise.
I don't care about TLOU either but be real, its huge. Its probably going to be this year's biggest tv show, which is great for something that "isn't even a proper franchise."

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I don’t like modern Naughty Dog. Their prime was in PS3 and early PS4 gen. Every Uncharted was a masterpiece and first TLOU was nice. But now they have gone mad with their woke agenda I am not interested anymore in Naughty Dog. This studio has fallen deep.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Naughty Dog are taking longer to make games because they aren’t crunching anymore. You can’t have it both ways, either the staff are free to be healthy and put out games when they want or you want them sleeping under their desks to put out more games within 3 years

• brain
Reactions: The Icon