Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I love how people still act like Jim Ryan is some sort of Rogue Agent at Sony HQ and that he’s going off the script making these decisions and fighting Microsoft on this deal on his own accord.

As if there aren’t a team of highly paid lawyers and decision makers above him at sony putting him on these flights and walking him through these legal proceedings lol

So as the CEO for SIE, he's powerless?

The excuses people come up with to excuse mediocrity always amaze me.

Edit - As the CEO, he is accountable for the piss-poor first-party effort this year (and probably next year as well). He's accountable for accepting a shitty deal that Nintendo bested. He's responsible for the absolute flop PC ports have been. He's the one that stuck Sony's best studios on Live Service crap that will most likely fail horrendously.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I don't get why you guys keep posting what these shills and fanboys are tweeting.
But didn’t some guys here say something similar?
That CMA is satisfied with MS new proposal?
Well don’t get me wrong I hate this clown but it seems he is being right. All western regulators are useless.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Well don’t get me wrong I hate this clown but it seems he is being right. All western regulators are useless.
They post things mainly to fuck with people like us, and you're doing exactly what they want you to.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023

Edit - As the CEO, he is accountable for the piss-poor first-party effort this year (and probably next year as well). He's accountable for accepting a shitty deal that Nintendo bested. He's responsible for the absolute flop PC ports have been. He's the one that stuck Sony's best studios on Live Service crap that will most likely fail horrendously.
I honestly cannot even know how to react as a CEO if MS bought ABK out of nowhere back then

My first reaction would be to resign Asap to save my ass because dealing with that would be tiring

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
what proposal? there is non. it looks like they made backdoor deal and now trying to fit narrative.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022

never said he was powerless, he’s acting on the discretion as SIE as a whole. He didn’t wake up one morning and decide he’s going to fight Microsoft with his own game plan. Sony pay people to guide them through these hostile mergers, sony as a company are doing pretty much everything within their power to dictate the best terms for them.

Nothing else at Activision Blizzard means anyhting to most people, we get Overwatch and Diablo already, and no one cares about Spyro and Crash bandicoot.

Nintendo getting a better deal is idiotic. Their console can’t even natively run COD And by their next console the game will also be a compromised verison. Nintendo doesn’t care about getting c-tier platformers on their console either when they have fucking mario and kirby

And no, its not jim ryans fault first party output is light. He can’t make naughty dog and Suckerpunch put out games faster. They’ve already given all their studios way more funding and resources then Layden ever did.

sony making multiplayer games again will be the best decision SIE has made in the past decade considering the current circumstances.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Why did Sony sign the contract if it's not a done deal?
Because once the merger is done there's no reason for Microsoft to offer it. Even if they want CoD on Playstation (and it seems like they do,) they can do that without subjecting themselves to a binding agreement.

Reactions: NeonFace

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023

This shit ain't wrapping up this week like so many thought it was.

Microsoft still need to either close or re-negotiate the merger by tommorrow in order to avoid giving Activision 3 billion in "free money". Something is going to happen (and it was never going to entirely "end" this week because the FTC case doesn't get heard until August.)

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Microsoft still need to either close or re-negotiate the merger by tommorrow in order to avoid giving Activision 3 billion in "free money". Something is going to happen (and it was never going to entirely "end" this week because the FTC case doesn't get heard until August.)

Does it even matter if microsoft gives them 3 billion if they are ultimatly going to end up with the company anyway? It goes into their coffers and once they own activision they get it right back

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
can we ban him and Warren from the Forum? @TubzGaming @Bryank75 @BloodMod ?
You want to ban an IGN bigwig why? Because he's telling you something you don't want to hear?

Does it even matter if microsoft gives them 3 billion if they are ultimatly going to end up with the company anyway? It goes into their coffers and once they own activision they get it right back
Yes. Activision can immediately issue a dividend on it.

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
Have MS and ABK agreed on an extension yet?

Yawn... Either way if Sony invests in Japanese gaming arm is better for me, since most AAA Western games were too generic for me.
Ehh Bioware games aren't too bad minus Andromeda for example still gets me they dropped support for that game not even 4 weeks after release to work on Anthem.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Basically;

Abk, msft and cma want this over, the judge is like what changed show me something?

The cma and msft are like “ahh we dont know what changed, we have not seen it yet”

The judge is not having it, looks like msft dont want to go in front of the tribunal on the 28th cause they might lose, and the cma also dont want to go in front of the tribunal on the 28th because they might end up looking like the ftc. Neither ms or the cma have anymore leverage.
The CAT is the final boss. Its now literally the cma/abk/msft vs CAT😂😂😂😂😂

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
The 3B are paid if the deal dies so MS won't own them in that case. ABK could ask for more but looks like they won't do that since they still want to be acquired.

Who’s buying an Xbox?
Mexicans and true american patriots.