Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
power move? to ask more money? fuckers clearly corrupt.

this is clown circus at this point.
The actual reason was because Microsoft didn't offer them enough concessions the first time around. Given that MS is still offering and signing CoD contracts I can only assume that putting UK gamepass in its own silo without ABK games was enough for them. Without that they probably do still tell the CTA to wrap things up and let the block stand.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Yes I do care. I don’t want to see PlayStation in foreign hands. PlayStation is already westernised enough. It’s a Japanese brand and it the legacy should stay there. What makes you so sure that Apple, Amazon or Google would not screw the hard work Sony put in to built up PlayStation!?
You’re all so sensitive, all of you can do is repeating the same doom & gloom preaching.
I am tired if this bs.
Sony won’t die and they will make big moves. Sony was in a far more worse condition than today.
Sony is the one that allowed PlayStation to only have 2 Japanese out of 22 studios (not counting Bungie that is huge).

The actual reason was because Microsoft didn't offer them enough concessions the first time around. Given that MS is still offering and signing CoD contracts I can only assume that putting UK gamepass in its own silo without ABK games was enough for them. Without that they probably do still tell the CTA to wrap things up and let the block stand.
What a massive failure and insane outcome for the UK if that turns out to the case.

Arminius

19 May 2023
I still think Sony should be involved in a joint venture with a larger company to ensure PlayStation’s success for years to come.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
two fallacies.
no one cares about CoD, because deal was blocked because of cloud.
second. CMA didn't even saw(legally) new contract, because m$ didn't file it yet.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
It's a farce. The largest software company in the world should NOT be allowed to buy even more software. This is what it's actually about.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
two fallacies.
no one cares about CoD, because deal was blocked because of cloud.
second. CMA didn't even saw(legally) new contract, because m$ didn't file it yet.
I think you misread my post, I am saying that the comedown wasn't on CoD, it was on siloing Gamepass in the UK.

Reactions: Gediminas

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
It's a farce. The largest software company in the world should NOT be allowed to buy even more software. This is what it's actually about.
It's not even about that. It's about how there are actually zero checks and balances on their power. They can do whatever they want and no one can stop them.

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
If this whole fiasco shows anything it's that trillion dollar corporations can't be allowed to exist. Microsoft, Apple, Amazon, etc all need to be broken up via antitrust laws.
That's if those antitrust laws even meant anything nowadays. Besides who can enforce them? MS clearly showed during this whole ordeal money buys or moves anything.

• party
Reactions: NeonFace
D

Deleted member 223

So after all the theater I was 98% right. The 2% being wrong is that the Brits showed more fight, as opposed to showing the least - a surprise.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Who is the underdog here, the FTC and CMA or Microsoft?

Seem FTC and CMA are pretty helpless, pathetic. You've got the money and the power. I won't go against your way

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Naughty Dog are taking longer to make games because they aren’t crunching anymore. You can’t have it both ways, either the staff are free to be healthy and put out games when they want or you want them sleeping under their desks to put out more games within 3 years
Yes that's the issue and not bad project management