Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
They should tell both MS and CMA you’re violating merger laws and have wasted the CAT valuable time.

Somehow remove the CMA and block the deal indefinitely.
With how much of headache the CMA caused everyone this whole time I wouldn't be surprised is there's going to be some sort of regulatory changes in the future in regards to them.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
The CMA needs days/weeks to review the new offer, but MS will probably close tomorrow. You don't do that unless CMA gave you their word. lol

I'll repeat.. Shady shit behind the scenes lol
What happened? I missed it all.

D

Deleted member 223

This is hilarious and sad at the same time.

The Judge CLEARLY SEES the bullshit bribery going on in front of him.

The CAT might tell them to fuck off and block the deal themselves.
How would that be for a wild finish? Improbable nonetheless. Whole thing is a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
24 Jun 2022
So basically, MS have the go-ahead to close the deal by tomorrow, and even though the CMA don't have the new RMS, they will agree to approving it within the time frame they get it and review it within the next few weeks.

So I'm guessing Microsoft have informally proposed to them what that new agreement would be, the CMA accepted it, and now Microsoft have to put it into a legally binding document the CMA have to officially review per their process. Hence why they would be okay with Microsoft going ahead and closing the deal elsewhere and I guess keeping ABK somewhat independent in the UK until this new review process concludes, then closing officially there by sometime in August.

That's what it seems like has happened, but I'm not a legal expert. Maybe I'm misunderstanding things (I'm not even 100% paying attention anymore TBH).

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The CMA completely capitulated. If the deal fails it's because Booby walks.

Sarah Cardell needs to answer some questions. I hope journalists are on her ass in the UK.

Reactions: Its_Classified

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I wonder if Microsoft was dealt to get the deal done before the 18th they asked Sony what they would want and gave it to them?

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
So basically, MS have the go-ahead to close the deal by tomorrow, and even though the CMA don't have the new RMS, they will agree to approving it within the time frame they get it and review it within the next few weeks.

So I'm guessing Microsoft have informally proposed to them what that new agreement would be, the CMA accepted it, and now Microsoft have to put it into a legally binding document the CMA have to officially review per their process. Hence why they would be okay with Microsoft going ahead and closing the deal elsewhere and I guess keeping ABK somewhat independent in the UK until this new review process concludes, then closing officially there by sometime in August.

That's what it seems like has happened, but I'm not a legal expert. Maybe I'm misunderstanding things (I'm not even 100% paying attention anymore TBH).
Do we know what they proposed?

DForce

24 Jun 2022
What happened? I missed it all.
In short, the CMA caved.

The CMA and MS were working together to get the CAT proceedings paused and the CMA are confident they can come to an agreement with Microsoft.

It's like they made a handshake deal with the CMA to get this thing approved and probably why Sony signed the deal because hey knew it was over.

Reactions: FatKaz

Welfare

Forum Veteran
23 Jan 2023
The CMA isn't regulating for fanboys to stop Microsoft from growing any bigger, it is regulating for the protection of consumers of UK.

If Microsoft provides a new case to CMA that tackles the CMA's issues, then the CMA should review that new deal. If that new deal is sufficient, the CMA should accept it. To do otherwise would be illogical.

It's not corruption if CMA agrees to a new deal. You guys are sounding like children not getting their way, if the CMA agrees to the new deal.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
In short, the CMA caved.

The CMA and MS were working together to get the CAT proceedings paused and the CMA are confident they can come to an agreement with Microsoft.

It's like they made a handshake deal with the CMA to get this thing approved and probably why Sony signed the deal because hey knew it was over.
Wow.

Will be interesting to see what was actually proposed.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The CMA isn't regulating for fanboys to stop Microsoft from growing any bigger, it is regulating for the protection of consumers of UK.

If Microsoft provides a new case to CMA that tackles the CMA's issues, then the CMA should review that new deal. If that new deal is sufficient, the CMA should accept it. To do otherwise would be illogical.

It's not corruption if CMA agrees to a new deal. You guys are sounding like children not getting their way.
They didn't see the new deal tho? They said it themselves. You should keep track.