Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
I think the funniest part about this whole thing is years down the line when MS starts jacking up the price of gamepass and doing all sorts of anti competitive stuff with their newfound content monopoly, the same cheerleaders of the deal will be crying about evil MS. I'll just laugh at that point.
Now: Why gaming so bad now.

You keep consuming the same shit and buy all the packs you dumbfucks.

Then(hopefully not): Why is singleplayer games offer so much bloated contents. I paid 40 dollars a month for this?

You get it with a subscription and actively cheering for megacorp to get cheap games, you dumbfucks. Enjoy what you sow.

Reactions: Its_Classified

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
From what I understood CMA said they didn't have the deal in hands yet.
They accepted to analysis a new deal.

Like I said it is fair and should follow the official procedures... it basically back to that step where CMA wait for MS remedies and/or compromisses to their issues.

Edit - Everything after this phase today looks just like circus that involved even CAT.
They even asked for a 6 week extension.

How do they spend months prior doing public consultations on the previous deal, but now they already accepted without doing any of that process? Lol.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Insomniac?

But I am referring to Factions... They clearly bit off more than they could chew.

Insomniac are an exception to the rule and it still took the spider-man 2018 team 5 years to make spider-man 2

If naughty dog don’t have a new big game out by the end of 2025 I’ll start to worry

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Insomniac are an exception to the rule and it still took the spider-man 2018 team 5 years to make spider-man 2

If naughty dog don’t have a new big game out by the end of 2025 I’ll start to worry
Unless you mean Factions, they won't have it ready anytime soon.

They are not even ready to show a small trailer or teaser for Factions.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

they released Spider Man Remastered, Miles Morales PS4/PS5 and Ratchet and Clank PS5(now PC?)

24 Jun 2022
Do we know what they proposed?

No, not really. Rumor has it they offered to divest the cloud portion but again, that's just a rumor. One that doesn't 100% even make sense because Microsoft would still have complete control over the content, and would have to outright move xCloud out from under Game Pass as well.

The CMA isn't regulating for fanboys to stop Microsoft from growing any bigger, it is regulating for the protection of consumers of UK.

If Microsoft provides a new case to CMA that tackles the CMA's issues, then the CMA should review that new deal. If that new deal is sufficient, the CMA should accept it. To do otherwise would be illogical.

It's not corruption if CMA agrees to a new deal. You guys are sounding like children not getting their way, if the CMA agrees to the new deal.

IJS, this would have a bit more heart if you didn't outright come out as a shareholder of Microsoft :/

Also kinda ironic you think only fanboys have an issue with Microsoft trying to grow their way to a bigger market share in gaming by simply buying up large independent 3P publishers and consolidating big chunks of the market's wealth & value in doing so. As if you can't be highly critical of that strategy (using money not even earned on the gaming division's own performance or valuation merits) and the implications of further market consolidation it will encourage, and also be critical of other platform holders 🙄

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
Sorry I'm a few pages back and already getting lost. What is this about a CMA deal that the CAT is pissed at? I thought the CMA was bound into having to re-engage with MS as a regulatory body, and was holding firm on its previous divestiture options, or is that status way, waay out date now etc?

Can someone quote me and bring me up to speed a bit?

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Sorry I'm a few pages back and already getting lost. What is this about a CMA deal that the CAT is pissed at? I thought the CMA was bound into having to re-engage with MS as a regulatory body, and was holding firm on its previous divestiture options, or is that status way, waay out date now etc?

The CAT judge is pissed because the CMA says there's a new deal but they never saw the deal and they had nothing to show to the judge.

Basically the CMA wants to make sure MS can close the deal before the deadline. The judge can smell the corruption. He knows something happened behind the scenes.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven

For some reason the CMA decided to bend over backwards to get this deal through before tomorrow. They said MS offered a new deal but didn't present that new deal to the court. Judge decided to let it go through and had the CMA approve the new agreement later. basically both MS and the CMA appeared in court, asking for it to go though based on an agreement they didn't present the judge.

The argument is basically "Trust me it's good".

The judge also trashed the CMA because they all of a sudden were willing to get it through ASAP, after months of asking to block it.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
The CAT judge is pissed because the CMA says there's a new deal but they never saw the deal and they had nothing to show to the judge.

Basically the CMA wants to make sure MS can close the deal before the deadline. The judge can smell the corruption. He knows something happened behind the scenes.
Super League Money GIF by Anderson .Paak

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022

Well, we were told the CAT can't overturn CMA previous ruling in an appeal, just determine if it was fair.
At which point MS would have to appeal the CMA, whom at the time looked to be holding firm.

What exactly can CAT do now, if CMA s now dancing to MS' tune? One would assume for whatever reason CMA is waiting for merger to be passed back to them, to pass it under whatever concessions they've worked out under the table with MS. But what about Canada, or any others weighing in? Or FTC appeal under a new judge? Or wouldn't a new deal have to re-pass through different countries regulatory boards again as it's new proposal?

Welfare

Forum Veteran
23 Jan 2023
They didn't see the new deal tho? They said it themselves. You should keep track.
And what does that have to do with my post?

If the CMA accepts the new deal Microsoft provides, is it corruption? Is this current process a result of Microsoft paying the CMA?
You are right but forget CMA agreed to back to analysis a new deal... that new deal was not showed to them yet.
That is all fair except the part they should have get in talk with this new deal before gone to CAT 🤷‍♂️
I never said they saw the deal. People are acting like this process is because of corruption and if the result favors MS, it's corrupt.
Which deal? LOL WTF you are blabbing about? Stick with the XSX supply issues which supposedly are fixed by Phil Spencer
What do you think today was about lol

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Company mergers will never be the same after all this.
yup!
Sony needs to be on the phone with T2 asap because there is no reality where them buying T2 is blocked. A few cloud remedies and you good.
This acquisition set precedence, you want to merge? then you can in this climate.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Nope,
Sony needs to be on the phone with T2 asap because there is no reality where them buying T2 is blocked. A few cloud remedies and you good.
This acquisition set precedence, you want to merge? then you can in this climate.
Yeah pretty much.

Connsole concerns - Show it's not financially viable to remove games and do a pinky promise
Cloud concerns - Sony shouldn't have much problem here as they don't have all the advantages MS has, but even if they did just give whatever remedies MS gave for ABK

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
Well, we were told the CAT can't overturn CMA previous ruling in an appeal, just determine if it was fair.
At which point MS would have to appeal the CMA, whom at the time looked to be holding firm.

What exactly can CAT do now, if CMA s now dancing to MS' tune? One would assume for whatever reason CMA is waiting for merger to be passed back to them, to pass it under whatever concessions they've worked out under the table with MS. But what about Canada, or any others weighing in? Or FTC appeal under a new judge? Or wouldn't a new deal have to re-pass through different countries regulatory boards again as it's new proposal?
Everyone outside of the FTC, EU, and CMA weren't apart of the deal those were just bonuses to flaunt. FTC more then likely isn't going to bother anymore since their main concern and point was playstation who buckled under pressure and signed a contract with MS. As for the CAT and CMA situation it's reversed now the CMA is trying to pass the deal without showing any new information I am not sure how this will work out since the CMA is pretty much abandoning their responsibility to pass the merger unlike before where they spent months compiling information in now with the new deal only requires 6 weeks I believe.

Arminius

19 May 2023
I know this idea is unpopular with many, but a strategic joint venture partnership with a larger company like Amazon, etc. (not a full merger or acquisition) would likely help to ensure PlayStation’s foothold in the gaming industry.

• brain
Reactions: Nhomnhom