Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
These people are not core gamers, they are influencers, these people do not game, they use social media to distort reality and create fiction for clicks/profits. A lot of these guys are millionaires thru ad revenue and donations because you guys put them in the limelight.
Just browse through their games list on Xbox. They're not playing. Normal for the biggest Xbox shills. You;d be surprised how little they engage with the product they shill for.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
He kind of glosses over for what it means for Sonys future going forward. He says they’re on defense and I agree they are, but they aren’t behaving like they’re on defense. If anything they’ve been very nonchalant which I think is a mistake.
But do we really know what they've been doing behind the scenes?

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
These people are not core gamers, they are influencers, these people do not game, they use social media to distort reality and create fiction for clicks/profits. A lot of these guys are millionaires thru ad revenue and donations because you guys put them in the limelight.

It’s not just these guys on twitter, this company has managed to infiltrate every hardcore gamer space with their nonence

That BG3 quote about how games shouldn’t be made like this anymore by the Obsidian head makes my blood boil.

Not only are these losers trynna actively ruin their own consoles games but 3rd party games for every other console as well

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
He kind of glosses over for what it means for Sonys future going forward. He says they’re on defense and I agree they are, but they aren’t behaving like they’re on defense. If anything they’ve been very nonchalant which I think is a mistake.
What he is saying is Sony have always been on defence since day one, because they have to compete with rich and competent companies in the space since pretty much day 1 (nintendo, MS). They cant afford to slip up ever, since 1994. Thats what he is saying, hence why Sony build a business around exclusives 1st, 2nd and 3rd party exclusive, because they know you cant count out nintendo and MS can come in at any time and buy shit outright.

So for regulators/judges to put sony in a position where they have to compete with pretty much MS Windows money, is fucked up, because they cant that's what he's saying. Sony have to now not only compete with Xbox, but now MS windows and nintendo, that's impossible for any company. Xbox needs to be divested in my opinion. No company is gonna be able to compete against it when its funded by Windows money while the division burns thru capital and no profit to show for it.

Last edited:

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
We have no idea what they are doing internally. It's likely all hands on deck. They are still the preferred platform over Xbox by far, and making a bunch of blustery announcements in response would look weak, and would also set people up for disappointment if some of those made-too-soon announcements didn't quite pan out.

CoD also isn't going anywhere for ten years at least. You don't think they are going to be working to make it's importance to the platform virtually nil?

Don't start panicking just yet.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
It was Bobby that threatened to pull COD from Xbox if they didn't get a 80/20% split like on Playstation. It came out during the FTC trial. Sony was not involved in that but they are the bad guys as usual. I'm so sick of all this BS. Why is Sony not suing IGN?

He must be stopped.
That's what I'm saying Sony is a Japanese company and so they don't ever engage in media narratives but it is time they adapt and hiring competent PR to shut down these narratives and send lawsuits and cease and desists to these so called journalists. Shit, hire some of us then 🤣

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
the only good thing is that the one thing Sony has over Microsoft is talent and it’s ability to keep it

What’s going to happen to Bethesda Game Studios after Todd Howards gone? Or now Playground after half its leads have left

No matter how much money they waste and have bought in this industry and other industries Microsoft simply doesn’t understand this

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
We have no idea what they are doing internally. It's likely all hands on deck. They are still the preferred platform over Xbox by far, and making a bunch of blustery announcements in response would look weak, and would also set people up for disappointment if some of those made-too-soon announcements didn't quite pan out.

CoD also isn't going anywhere for ten years at least. You don't think they are going to be working to make it's importance to the platform virtually nil?

Don't start panicking just yet.
Sony is trapped right now, ABK was beyond an equalizer, it nullifies anything Sony tries to do in response.
Sony announces new shooter, well MS will just spend a billion out marketing it with cod ads everywhere, they done this with Halo vs Killzone.

Sony buys T2 or whatever, well MS will just lose billions and put everything in their arsenal on Gamepass and offer discounts for years for new subs, then spend billions on marketing it and flush out any benefit Sony buying pub-abcd would accomplish.

So they have to do something regardless.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Ignoring anybody who continues to post Xbots, I guess you want to give them twitter ad revenue share? Anyway Microsoft has master class lawyers, I didn't expect any less from a trillion dollar company. But the way they played all of these governments and Sony like a fiddle is definitely something to behold.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Sony is trapped right now, ABK was beyond an equalizer, it nullifies anything Sony tries to do in response.
Sony announces new shooter, well MS will just spend a billion out marketing it with cod ads everywhere, they done this with Halo vs Killzone.

Sony buys T2 or whatever, well MS will just lose billions and put everything in their arsenal on Gamepass and offer discounts for years for new subs, then spend billions on marketing it and flush out any benefit Sony buying pub-abcd would accomplish.

So they have to do something regardless.
I don't agree with your assessment. Though I do like your use of red italics.

Reactions: Zzero

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
the only good thing is that the one thing Sony has over Microsoft is talent and it’s ability to keep it

What’s going to happen to Bethesda Game Studios after Todd Howards gone? Or now Playground after half its leads have left

No matter how much money they waste and have bought in this industry and other industries Microsoft simply doesn’t understand this
Oh they all understand it's a classic situation of money talks but logic walks. That's the problem.

Reactions: Luffy123

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

US politicians attacking the FTC using the same tax payer money and Sony nonsense. Did they get the memo from Xbots on twitter?

“Instead of protecting competition as Congress intended, the FTC has spent taxpayer resources seeking to block a deal that promises to expand consumer choice and insulate a dominant foreign company from competition.”
That FOREIGN company is creating millions of jobs in USA and they have a HQ there.

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
Ignoring anybody who continues to post Xbots, I guess you want to give them twitter ad revenue share? Anyway Microsoft has master class lawyers, I didn't expect any less from a trillion dollar company. But the way they played all of these governments and Sony like a fiddle is definitely something to behold.
Lobbying by their political stooges helped. The whole system is corrupt with rampant bribery and kickbacks.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

US politicians attacking the FTC using the same tax payer money and Sony nonsense. Did they get the memo from Xbots on twitter?

That FOREIGN company is creating millions of jobs in USA and they have a HQ there.

And this is exactly why the FTC lost not that they did a horrible job... Because they didn't. Microsoft bankrolls republicans, who then turn around and lobby and bully for them. The judge was either threatened or paid off.

Either way Sony should remove their HQ from a country who is now treating them as a hostile foreign entity. They have invested and generated billions into our economy only to be done dirty... Very gross to see.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022

Hey, FTC dropped the ball in court and i agree they need to let it go now, as much as it pains me to say, they aint equipped to take on MS.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters