Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
The thing is, if the CMA is set on approving this then it's over no? It will end up in their hand again anyway right?

The only way I could see this not working is if it's going to take too long and ABK think they'll be more valuable then than what MS is willing to pay but MS will probably be up to paying even more at this point.
Yep, the options for the deal still failing would be:

-CMA sticks to their guns and upholds their sensibly-decided-upon block. Unlikely but possible if the judge denies the adjournment because the reasons or evidence provided are judged to be as nonsensical as we all know they'll be. (In what world have circumstances changed since the original block?) The CMA would need to be battling the original deal for this to happen, because they clearly want to just rubber stamp whatever new heaping of shit Microsoft is attempting to put before them.
-ABK walks because Bobby thinks he can get a better deal or the company is worth more and MS won't pay. MS has zero leverage here so Bobby is likely negotiating a bigger payday.

Savant

11 Jul 2022
Sony have two big semiconductor fab for image sensors and another upcoming joint fab with TSMC. They are basically under protected from government due to national security, like Samsung and TSMC.

Beside any there is a protected group of firms that cannot be acquired include all big game publishers. Sony is Tier 3 and Nintendo/others are Tier 1 I think
Yeah no. It's literally the opposite of what you said

Its called the foreign exchange and foreign trade act. It was signed into place by the Minister of Finance fairly recently (within the past couple or several years). It is to protect Japenese companies from foreign investments/takeovers. Particular against the Chinese.

518 Japanese companies were listed in the act. No where in the documents do I see the 518 Japenese companies categorized into "tiers"

The act doesn't even stop with the 518 companies listed. The act extends to all Japanese companies. For instance, outside of the 518 companies listed, it goes like this:

Will require prior notification
Will not requiring prior notification
Exemptions in some cases

Of the 518 companies specifically listed in the act, the Japanese companies which had the most importance placed on them however were companies such as Sony Corp, Toyota Motor Corp, Honda Motor Corp, Toshiba Corp, Canon Inc. and FUJIFILM etc.

They were labled as essential to Japan's national "security."
Its official by the goverment, Sony was 1 of the major big companies deemed vital to Japan's national security. No one is buying Sony ever

If anything, Sony would be a "Tier 1" company which has been given the utmost of security and protection by the act.

Nintendo is and was NOT listed as essential to Japan's national security

Im not even sure if Nintendo is one of the 518 listed companies. I have yet to see any actual proof that Nintendo is 1 of the companies listed in the act

And in fact, ONE OF THE PROTECTED JAPANESE COMPANIES IS SUING TO PREVENT A NINTENDO AFFILIATE FROM TAKING THEM OVER, AND ASKED THE JAPANESE GOVERMENT TO STEP IN AND STOP NINTENDO

People are under this delusional false misconception of reality that Nintendo is valued by the Japanese goverment, is protected, or that Nintendo even represents Japan.

The Japanese themselves hate Nintendo. Nintendo buddied up with microsoft against Sony. You think the Japanese goverment likes that Nintendo doesn't side with Sony (Sony being 1 of the select few Japanese companies specifically labled essential to Japan's national security and given FULL goverment protection)

Nintendo is a sleezeball scumbag company whom are very much in the same vain as microsoft

The scumbag corporate geeks from Nintendo's American branch are literally in bed with microsoft executives every night watching Netflix together!

"They" always "report" that Nintendo turned microsoft down when microsoft approached them to buy, but both sure have been cozy with each other in bed since. "They" have definitely developed some kind of "friendship" $$$$ cough.

On a basic common sense level it's beyond silly to even say Nintendo is "protected" by the Japanese goverment when Saudi Arabia is already buying up shares in Nintendo like crazy

Nintendo ain't no Japanese company and they sure as hell ain't no important company to Japan. The Japanese goverment sees Sony as a million times more valuable to Japan than Nintendo

Nintendo wouldn't even have a rabid fanbase if it weren't for xbots pretending to be Nintendo fans to hate on Playstation

Nintendo fanboys and xbots dont even like their platforms, they just hate Playstation

That's all it's ever been

Jealous second and third place losers hating on Playstation for being the best and for actually competing fairly and giving consumers what they want

You know what they say, losers group up together. It's actually pathetic. Shows how Sony is the 1 true king above them all. Losers focus on winners. Nintendo and Microsoft are the losers focusing on Sony

Last edited:

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
So, any news? Its after 5 Pacific, they still have a few hours if they want the extension in writing but realistically speaking it would have been done by now if they wanted the extension agreement official.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
What if Apple swoops in to scoop up ABK?
Then King games and CoD Warzone go Apple Arcade exclusive while the rest gets sold off, presumably to Microsoft. Seriously, since when did Apple ever put its software on other people's hardware.

Savant

11 Jul 2022
Bobby Kotick would be the biggest idiot ever to settle with microsoft for the same price

He holds all the leverage and cards right now

If I'm Bobby I'm demanding 120billion for a new deal or walking away

I pray Google or Apple own Activision. They have no platforms so they would keep COD on everything under the sun

micro$oft is literally the evil empire. ANYONE BUT microsoft would be good for gamers

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The Japanese themselves hate Nintendo. Nintendo buddied up with microsoft against Sony. You think the Japanese goverment likes that Nintendo doesn't side with Sony (Sony being 1 of the select few Japanese companies specifically labled essential to Japan's national security and given FULL goverment protection)

Nintendo is a sleezeball scumbag company whom are very much in the same vain as microsoft

The scumbag corporate geeks from Nintendo's American branch are literally in bed with microsoft executives every night watching Netflix together!
That Nintendo exec Steve Singer who signed the Activision deal needs to be eunuch-made for treachery. He couldn't even explain what he signed. Nintendo just wanted to hurt Sony.

I'm glad you're back btw ❤️

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Bobby Kotick would be the biggest idiot ever to settle with microsoft for the same price

He holds all the leverage and cards right now

If I'm Bobby I'm demanding 120billion for a new deal or walking away

I pray Google or Apple own Activision. They have no platforms so they would keep COD on everything under the sun

micro$oft is literally the evil empire. ANYONE BUT microsoft would be good for gamers
If he doesn't at least get the deal value bumped by a few billions he isn't looking in the best interest of ABK owners. MS is clearly desperate and would be willing to a pay extra.

Reactions: Edmund and Ezekiel

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Yeah no. It's literally the opposite of what you said

Its called the foreign exchange and foreign trade act. It was signed into place by the Minister of Finance fairly recently (within the past couple or several years). It is to protect Japenese companies from foreign investments/takeovers. Particular against the Chinese.

518 Japanese companies were listed in the act. No where in the documents do I see the 518 Japenese companies categorized into "tiers"

The act doesn't even stop with the 518 companies listed. The act extends to all Japanese companies. For instance, outside of the 518 companies listed, it goes like this:

Will require prior notification
Will not requiring prior notification
Exemptions in some cases

Of the 518 companies specifically listed in the act, the Japanese companies which had the most importance placed on them however were companies such as Sony Corp, Toyota Motor Corp, Honda Motor Corp, Toshiba Corp, Canon Inc. and FUJIFILM etc.

They were labled as essential to Japan's national "security."
Its official by the goverment, Sony was 1 of the major big companies deemed vital to Japan's national security. No one is buying Sony ever

If anything, Sony would be a "Tier 1" company which has been given the utmost of security and protection by the act.

Nintendo is and was NOT listed as essential to Japan's national security

Im not even sure if Nintendo is one of the 518 listed companies. I have yet to see any actual proof that Nintendo is 1 of the companies listed in the act

And in fact, ONE OF THE PROTECTED JAPANESE COMPANIES IS SUING TO PREVENT A NINTENDO AFFILIATE FROM TAKING THEM OVER, AND ASKED THE JAPANESE GOVERMENT TO STEP IN AND STOP NINTENDO

People are under this delusional false misconception of reality that Nintendo is valued by the Japanese goverment, is protected, or that Nintendo even represents Japan.

"They" always "report" that Nintendo turned microsoft down when microsoft approached them to buy, but both sure have been cozy with each other in bed since. "They" have definitely developed some kind of "friendship" $$$$ cough.

On a basic common sense level it's beyond silly to even say Nintendo is "protected" by the Japanese goverment when Saudi Arabia is already buying up shares in Nintendo like crazy

Nintendo ain't no Japanese company and they sure as hell ain't no important company to Japan. The Japanese goverment sees Sony as a million times more valuable to Japan than Nintendo

Nintendo wouldn't even have a rabid fanbase if it weren't for xbots pretending to be Nintendo fans to hate on Playstation

Nintendo fanboys and xbots dont even like their platforms, they just hate Playstation

That's all it's ever been

Jealous second and third place losers hating on Playstation for being the best and for actually competing fairly and giving consumers what they want

You know what they say, losers group up together. It's actually pathetic. Shows how Sony is the 1 true king above them all. Losers focus on winners. Nintendo and Microsoft are the losers focusing on Sony
Well I won't read those paragraphs, but
Screenshot-20230718-201222-4.png

Nintendo is on that list along 4000 other firms.

Sony is in Group 3 while Nintendo, other publishers in Group 2.

Savant

11 Jul 2022
Well I won't read those paragraphs, but
Screenshot-20230718-201222-4.png

Nintendo is on that list along 4000 other firms.

Sony is in Group 3 while Nintendo, other publishers in Group 2.
You have no idea what youre talking about

You down know or speak Japanese.

There are NO tiers

518 companies were specifically listed in the foreign trade act

Sony was labled as essential to Japan's national security. Nintendo was NOT.

Saudi Arabia is already buying up Nintendo as we speak

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
You have no idea what youre talking about

You down know or speak Japanese.

There are NO tiers

518 companies were specifically listed in the foreign trade act

Sony was labled as essential to Japan's national security. Nintendo was NOT
original.gif

Please take seat, drink some tea and come down.
Take a look for yourself

Savant

11 Jul 2022
Just speaking in general here, its always been wild to me how console war fanboys really think Nintendo is a "valuable" company to Japan or a "protected" company by Japan lol.

Yeah, a company which makes kids toys, who's in bed with microsoft and is being bought out by Saudia Arabia is totally important to the Japanese government *end sarcasm

• fire
Reactions: The Icon

DForce

24 Jun 2022
The judge holds all the cards..

But with the way everything is going, he's going to grant the adjournment because he knows the CMA and MS want to get this deal finished. lol

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Just speaking in general here, its always been wild to me how console war fanboys really think Nintendo is a "valuable" company to Japan or a "protected" company by Japan lol.

Yeah, a company which makes kids toys, who's in bed with microsoft and is being bought out by Saudia Arabia is totally important to the Japanese government *end sarcasm
If Japan thinks Nintendo's output is "kids toys" then the only thing keeping Sony out of that same bucket is their financial arm. And aren't they trying to sell it?

Edit: FWIW, I think MS would rather close early than pay Bobby a few extra billion. If they aren't closing, and it certainly looks like they aren't, then they have an extension agreement.

Reactions: BlueLyria