Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Screenshot-20230822-134927-Chrome.jpg

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
What an epic shitshow. With all the major CoD departures in the last week alone… what’ll be left?

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Can someone explain to me what happened did the CMA block again to Microsoft propose streaming through Ubisoft? Or has the cma not said anything yet?

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022

The EC having to do a new investigation for what's essentially a new deal is a big, interesting takeaway. In light of recent developments and the deal itself not being like the old one, there's a (very slim) chance the EC votes to reject next time, or imposes much harsher cloud remedies than back in May.

Which I imagine, pisses MS off immensely because cloud and mobile are their big plays for this acquisition; getting neutered on cloud in the entirety of Europe would not sit well with them.

In any case, looks like this deal is going into 2024 for them...curious to see what ABK decides post-October.

Reactions: Puff

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I wonder if MS
The EC having to do a new investigation for what's essentially a new deal is a big, interesting takeaway. In light of recent developments and the deal itself not being like the old one, there's a (very slim) chance the EC votes to reject next time, or imposes much harsher cloud remedies than back in May.

Which I imagine, pisses MS off immensely because cloud and mobile are their big plays for this acquisition; getting neutered on cloud in the entirety of Europe would not sit well with them.

In any case, looks like this deal is going into 2024 for them...curious to see what ABK decides post-October.
I wonder if the FTC takes another swing at it?