Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Seems the CMA got played by following into "cloud concerns" and not listening to Sony's console argument. Microsoft ended investments into the sector, it was always about foreclosing on Sony on subscription and console. ala Starfield

Thats xcloud only. Not azure which also is cloud, which was part of the slides for hybrid cloud gaming.

So CMA is right when you look at cloud/mobile.

Reactions: laynelane

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
All it's saying is that MS addressed their concerns about cloud gaming; that doesn't mean an auto approval. It's still too early to call it because remember last time these so-called "journalists " reported that it was a "done deal" almost a year ago, and look where we're at now. We do not know if recent leaks make regulators dig deeper into the deal considerations.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
All it's saying is that MS addressed their concerns about cloud gaming; that doesn't mean an auto approval. It's still too early to call it because remember last time these so-called "journalists " reported that it was a "done deal" almost a year ago, and look where we're at now. We do not know if recent leaks make regulators dig deeper into the deal considerations.

Yep, that's where I'm at too. Rather than react to misinformation, I'll just patiently wait until there is real news from the CMA/MS on this matter and/or until the October 18th deadline.

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
Yep, that's where I'm at too. Rather than react to misinformation, I'll just patiently wait until there is real news from the CMA/MS on this matter and/or until October 18th deadline.
It is a good mindset to have.

Approval or not based on the recent leaks, Xbox is in a bad place and I doubt this approval will accelerate them meeting their goals.

gokuss4

Veteran
28 Jan 2023
How many times we hear about this deal is over
When will this drama end
Find out on the next episode of dragon ball z

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
Bullshit. With this merger they won’t be able to buy for a long time any time soon a big gaming company. At least ten years I don’t see them trying to buy any big company.
We'll have to see on that one. We never expected them to be allowed this and look at what happened. The U.S have made it abundantly clear that they'll let them have what they want despite receiving evidence of anticompetitive practice now and /or hints in the near future. Meanwhile the CMA have removed their dentures how Ubisoft of all things is enough to have them do a complete 180 is beyond me.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
From my personal viewpoint, it would really be nice to see the end of this now, and like some others have already said, its time to move on and see what Sony has been cooking up.

I imagine is going to be delicious.

Chef Cooking GIF by Paul Cooks

Sorry to my vegan(Soyboy) friends like @Gamernyc78 and @PropellerEar for the pic

Last edited:

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
We'll have to see on that one. We never expected them to be allowed this and look at what happened. The U.S have made it abundantly clear that they'll let them have what they want despite receiving evidence of anticompetitive practice now and /or hints in the near future. Meanwhile the CMA have removed their dentures how Ubisoft of all things is enough to have them do a complete 180 is beyond me.
Still I don’t see how MS will be allowed to buy another publisher. At least not for a whole decade. Japan I don’t need to mention because hostile takeovers will Japanese government never approve.

Reactions: reziel

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
Still I don’t see how MS will be allowed to buy another publisher. At least not for a whole decade. Japan I don’t need to mention because hostile takeovers will Japanese government never approve.
In regards to Japan even more so with the Microsoft leak earlier in the week.

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Bullshit. With this merger they won’t be able to buy for a long time any time soon a big gaming company. At least ten years I don’t see them trying to buy any big company.
Ill bet by 10 years they will try to acquire and probably successfully, either Valve, Sega, EA, Take2, Ubisoft etc

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Ah well, at least MS was forced to work for it. Unsurprisingly some of the fanboys on reddit want MS to start snatching up Japanese publishers next. No matter what they say, it's not about competition, it's about ensuring that Playstation gamers have less options. With the latest leaks we'll see how Japanese regulators and devs react to any future attempts. At any rate, MS will probably need a while to fully integrate ABK, so we'll get a break from this BS outside of their shills begging them to buy more things. I am curious as to whether ABK will boost Gamepass enough to prevent them from leaving gaming by 2027, lol.