Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
MS can now buy anything and anyone they want

After this gets approved with the purposed Remedies, the odds of them buying another publisher is close to off the table at this point. If they try to buy Sega or someone small, they are going to get raked through the coals.

And I know from people I talk to who have Microsoft investments, that a lot of big players on the board are not super happy right now with Xbox division. The odds of them in a year or so going after another publisher would automatically be blocked.

They can buy studios, but even then the size of them would be looked at from this point on.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Ah well, at least MS was forced to work for it. Unsurprisingly some of the fanboys on reddit want MS to start snatching up Japanese publishers next. No matter what they say, it's not about competition, it's about ensuring that Playstation gamers have less options. With the latest leaks we'll see how Japanese regulators and devs react to any future attempts. At any rate, MS will probably need a while to fully integrate ABK, so we'll get a break from this BS outside of their shills begging them to buy more things. I am curious as to whether ABK will boost Gamepass enough to prevent them from leaving gaming by 2027, lol.
I don't know how anyone can possibly say this is 'competition' when the only console maker that can afford to do it are Microsoft

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I don't know how anyone can possibly say this is 'competition' when the only console maker that can afford to do it are Microsoft
It's not fair, but Sony will just have to really come with it going forward. I would recommend taking a break from social media just to detox from all the taunting the Xbox fanboys will be doing though.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
You're setting yourself up for disappointment looking for Sony to instantly fire back. Next year at the earliest once they get their new budget. At least MS will need some time to fully absorb ABK. Could be a bit of a cooldown period before they go on their next "hunt".
Oh, I'm expecting this merge to be a truly shitshow, tbh.
It's so huge, so complex...
They're spending huge amounts of money on a consultancy firm to help them merge sucessfully.
There are so many jobs that are going to be lost in the process.
And the system bloat, system redundancy,
This is truly going to be a herculean task, it's one of the biggest and more complex merges in history.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
They're spending huge amounts of money on a consultancy firm to help them merge sucessfully.
This is truly going to be a herculean task, it's one of the biggest and more complex merges in history.
I just wish MS would leave the rest of us alone who aren't interested in their platform.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
And we wish them all the worst of luck in that task...

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
It would be funny to watch the reactions if Sony ever did buy something somewhat major and didn't get near as much shit from regulators as MS did. They were already angry that Sony didn't get in trouble for buying some small live service devs as if something like that would even warrant a reaction from regulators.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
It would be funny to watch the reactions if Sony ever did buy something somewhat major and didn't get near as much shit from regulators as MS did. They were already angry that Sony didn't get in trouble for buying some small live service devs as if something like that would even warrant a reaction from regulators.
The false equivalencies between this (right after zenimax aswell) & bungie with a grand total of one IP that will stay multiplatform (I know there working on other live service junk but right now they only have destiny which is pretty much just online only halo with a more boring complicated story) was hilarious 🤣

Reactions: kuzon

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Saw this on 4chan, no idea if it’s real or someone just spamming:

Gareth Sutcliffe, games analyst at Enders Analysis, said there could be recriminations for Microsoft's top executives for drawing out the process. "It will be an ongoing question how Brad Smith and Phil Spencer [Microsoft's gaming chief] read the UK market and regulator so wrong and whether they will be held accountable — it has cost months and hundreds of millions of dollars to get this approval."
It's over xbros...

• haha
Reactions: Calverz

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023
Saw this on 4chan, no idea if it’s real or someone just spamming:

Gareth Sutcliffe, games analyst at Enders Analysis, said there could be recriminations for Microsoft's top executives for drawing out the process. "It will be an ongoing question how Brad Smith and Phil Spencer [Microsoft's gaming chief] read the UK market and regulator so wrong and whether they will be held accountable — it has cost months and hundreds of millions of dollars to get this approval."
It's over xbros...
Can they really blame them though? Microsoft could've easily pulled the plug when things got rough at the start but they didn't it's just as much their fault as Brad and Phil's.
Not to mention the 10,000 layoffs they did earlier in the year.