Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
With how bad Redfall and Starfield ended up being, MS's actual first party in complete disarray, I feel like activsion is all they have going for them but cod is multiplat for at least 10 years. Oh and Mojang. This may as well be them completely starting over in a sense. Im sure we will start to see lead talent start to leave one by one here soon. I dont see how they can actually improve gamepass numbers beyond starting to make games actual gamepass exclusives but even then i dont think that will work.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Like I said I am convinced XBOX won’t be there next generation when PS6 launches. They will launch that Cloud console which was reported a year ago. They will remain but not as classic platform holder. They will become a service like Stadia/Luna are. Just Gamepass.

Reactions: Say1nMan and Dabaus

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
With how bad Redfall and Starfield ended up being, MS's actual first party in complete disarray, I feel like activsion is all they have going for them but cod is multiplat for at least 10 years. Oh and Mojang. This may as well be them completely starting over in a sense. Im sure we will start to see lead talent start to leave one by one here soon. I dont see how they can actually improve gamepass numbers beyond starting to make games actual gamepass exclusives but even then i dont think that will work.
The result of their Bethesda acquisition so far has been mediocre to average at best. I can see ABK being no different. Blizzard died long before being swooped up by MS and Activision pretty much only makes COD. Crash and Spyro ain't gonna push huge Game Pass numbers. We already know Bobby K doesn't like Game Pass so wouldn't be surprised if he attempts to drag COD not going day n date as much as he can. Moreover, MS gonna have a hard time converting the hardcore COD players over to Game Pass cause those folks are casual as hell. Those folks buy one game a year which is COD and they don't care bout any other game. So good luck pitching a sub service which "selling point" is look at all of these games to those folks. Plus, lots of COD players migrated to Warzone a F2P mode, don't need a sub service for that. And MS having to sell the cloud rights of ABK games in order to get the deal is a major L for MS.

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
Lono is popping off about all the dumb ass "so called Journalists" like Tom warren, Jez:

The fool in this video above Gingerprime was in Lono's chat talking about how he supports Microsoft entertaining the idea of buying Nintendo because they have a "monopoly" on Mario and Microsoft buying them would allow him to play it anywhere.

mr-burns-the-simpsons.gif

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022

The fool in this video above Gingerprime was in Lono's chat talking about how he supports Microsoft entertaining the idea of buying Nintendo because they have a "monopoly" on Mario and Microsoft buying them would allow him to play it anywhere.

mr-burns-the-simpsons.gif

He is at least 50 IQ points short of reaching room temperature, with that line of thinking.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
funny how y'all constantly posting these blue checks you disagree with, literally giving these people money (ad revenue)

Reactions: Zzero

reziel

Banned
12 Jun 2023

Alot of people are defending the future Xbox price increase on that post and of course they're bringing Playstations recent increase as a comparison. Hey atleast they're (playstation) continuing to give us quality titles worth the money and we're positively contributing to the companies growth in house and out.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
They are very serious about acquiring Sega
This was already publicly released, right? Didn't it also come with a little guide to their franchises with pictures of the logos?

edit: Beaten.

edit 2:

That's actually an older email that was made public months ago. FWIW Sega said they want to stay independent, but we'll see. Their statement about MS valuing them more than Sony and Nintendo is bizarre given which fanbases actually buy games.
I don't see that statement being made anywhere. Sony and Nintendo weren't actual targets on Microsoft's narrow list (or the big one,) whereas Sega I think was, and was apparently actively pursued. They didn't mention it but, of course, price was also part of what made Sega attractive. In theory their gaming assets could have been good value for money to them.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
This was already publicly released, right? Didn't it also come with a little guide to their franchises with pictures of the logos?

edit: Beaten.

edit 2:

I don't see that statement being made anywhere. Sony and Nintendo weren't actual targets on Microsoft's narrow list (or the big one,) whereas Sega I think was, and was apparently actively pursued. They didn't mention it but, of course, price was also part of what made Sega attractive. In theory their gaming assets could have been good value for money to them.
Sega said it about MS valuing them more than Nintendo or Sony valued them.