Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

KingOfTheDead

Banned
3 Jul 2023
Ginzeen and other troll accounts are coming back from the dead to celebrate a fake victory like Bethesda, Starfield, Redfall, Forza and everything else that didn't matter at all.

This purchase is so useless we don't even care at this point.

Happy Married At First Sight GIF by Lifetime
i couldn't respond. The ban was just lifted a couple of hours ago. Just in time for the show.😁 It destiny!

Duki360

29 Jun 2023
Poland
Looks like now PS fans don't care about CoD at all, let MS take it in the future etc. Now they will focus on Marathon as a new upcoming multiplayer killer. Meanwhile, Jimbo is out and looks like Sony is planning to change their strategy, reduce investing money on Gaas games etc.
Crazy times is coming😄

Reactions: NeonFace

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
:LOL:

Diablo and Crash will hurt a lil.

As for those addicted to COD. Good luck with addiction management.

I still am of the opinion MS's stench will eventually tank the franchise, and Sony will craft a strategy to sink the IP relevance on the PS platform through partnerships and new shooter IP - death by a thousand cuts. This is however a lesson to never rely on third party for key strategic genres - and it will be a costly lesson.

My initial assessment was correct, despite the half-time hope-a-drug detour.

FTC will keep this drama alive for a while.

KingOfTheDead

Banned
3 Jul 2023
:LOL:

Diablo and Crash will hurt a lil.

As for those addicted to COD. Good luck with addiction management.

I still am of the opinion MS's stench will eventually tank the franchise, and Sony will craft a strategy to sink the IP relevance on the PS platform through partnerships and new shooter IP - death by a thousand cuts. This is however a lesson to never rely on third party for key strategic genres - and it will be a costly lesson.

My initial assessment was correct, despite the half-time hope-a-drug detour.

FTC will keep this drama alive for a while.
FTC is done bro. Let it go lol.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
FTC is done bro. Let it go lol.
Lil troll, I let that go a long time ago. Matter of fact, I was one of the few who opined that folks were getting their hopes up foolishly and placing their faith on regulatory bodies, corrupted to the core, naively. Lol at thinking I'm somehow triggered by it and somehow holding hope. :LOL:

Only thing this tells me is how pathetic and immature your little brain is. "Tears are delicious" meme.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Stay off trashera. You know that site is going to be celebrating. Fuck them.

Will be a short party after they realize Activision games are already on Xbox, nothing new will be made, and have only have a few IP’s worth a damn.

Playstation Sucka

8 Jan 2023
Xbots already begging for the next acquisition, Sega, EA, Capcom, T2 and Square. Resetera is such a shit show
Playstation should start buying not just sit around twiddling their fingers they should start with take two even though it would be tough to get approvals worldwide if you don't do it now you would never be able to do it

Last edited:
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Who would of thought the ban would end right on time for closing! Crazy timing! It's just destiny man. Pure fate. Looks like i was right this whole time! Aint that right @Cool hand luke

"CoMiTy HAs No BeArinG!" "CMA will never back down." "Deal is dead, even though 1 regulator blocked it!" Vindication is sooo sweet. I love it.
Not difficult to understand a giant corporation like Microsoft would get what it wants in the end

OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I've been mostly desensitized from this for a while. Once the CMA backtracked I knew this would be a slam dunk, and one more time we have proof that companies this big need to be broken down. Unfortunately, since the 70s we've seen massive deregulation that tilted the market towards big corpo, and when a corporation is valued at as much as a large country, shit like this will happen.

The consequences of this will be even more IP and value loss, and lots of people losing jobs to redundancy.

For comparison sake, if we list all countries by nominal GDP and insert companies like Microsoft, Amazon, and Apple, the picture is terrifying. The below is rounded to the nearest decimal, and in trillions of USD. For comparison, Sony would sit in 69th place when ranked against countries (if we ignore that I added these three below), and the acquisition price would sit at around 85th position.

I'm not sure what people expect the future to be, but it doesn't seem great.