Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
The fact that there is no evidence that sony even met with microsoft and they are already speculating that sony lied to regulators and suing for peace with microsoft now shows how much of a, and ill just say it, dangerous, unhinged, cult xbox fandom has become. Its most likely sony leadership throwing a party with bungie congratulating them on lightfall launching.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
The fact that there is no evidence that sony even met with microsoft and they are already speculating that sony lied to regulators and suing for peace with microsoft now shows how much of a, and ill just say it, dangerous, unhinged, cult xbox fandom has become. Its most likely sony leadership throwing a party with bungie congratulating them on lightfall launching.
Sucker Punch and Valkyrie Entertainment are in that area as well, as is an FTC office.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
The FTC just gave Sony more time for their subpoena. Not sure what's going on with the one Microsoft gave them.

View attachment 576
Watching Spy Kids GIF

OP
OP
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
The FTC just gave Sony more time for their subpoena. Not sure what's going on with the one Microsoft gave them.

View attachment 576

I think the reasons Sony is trying to delay are two fold: a) they want to fight the absurd amount of information MS is requesting and b) they are waiting for the CMA to release their findings. If they can fight this for long enough, beyond the point where the CMA releases something, perhaps the deal will fall before they have to release anything

Also came to add this. I don't know if the source is trustworthy, so take it with a grain of salt.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I think the reasons Sony is trying to delay are two fold: a) they want to fight the absurd amount of information MS is requesting and b) they are waiting for the CMA to release their findings. If they can fight this for long enough, beyond the point where the CMA releases something, perhaps the deal will fall before they have to release anything

Also came to add this. I don't know if the source is trustworthy, so take it with a grain of salt.

Yeah, I think they're trying to stall in the hopes that the deal is killed overseas before they have to release any sensitive information.

D

Deleted member 417

The cloud part makes sense. Microsoft own the Azure servers and buying up chunks of King (intentional or not) takes 250 million+ users from AWS and plops them on Azure. On top of that, Xcloud launched for mobile and has a streaming option and soon the One family of xbox consoles will become streaming only (with Series S following shortly behind).

If MS pick up AB (which also use AWS) they add another few hundred million users onto Azure and can lock large parts of gaming, or 3rd party deals, behind Azure.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
The cloud part makes sense. Microsoft own the Azure servers and buying up chunks of King (intentional or not) takes 250 million+ users from AWS and plops them on Azure. On top of that, Xcloud launched for mobile and has a streaming option and soon the One family of xbox consoles will become streaming only (with Series S following shortly behind).

If MS pick up AB (which also use AWS) they add another few hundred million users onto Azure and can lock large parts of gaming, or 3rd party deals, behind Azure.
The EU is going to poison-pill the deal like the CMA did. It’ll be dead before the FTC suit gets to court.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022

I like how the european commission having objections to cloud and console markets is completely dusted under the rug but sony ALEGEDLY flying a plane to seattle means that sony is about to cave despite winning at almost everything is what xbox fanboys want to focus on. At this point you could throw chicken bones on a table and tell them whatver it is they want to hear and they would believe it.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I like how the european commission having objections to cloud and console markets is completely dusted under the rug but sony ALEGEDLY flying a plane to seattle means that sony is about to cave despite winning at almost everything is what xbox fanboys want to focus on. At this point you could throw chicken bones on a table and tell them whatver it is they want to hear and they would believe it.
It is pretty amusing seeing them go from power fantasies about MS crushing everybody into dust and owning everything in sight to realizing Xbox is done once this merger is killed and spinning all new fantasy scenarios to cope.

D

Deleted member 417

It is pretty amusing seeing them go from power fantasies about MS crushing everybody into dust and owning everything in sight to realizing Xbox is done once this merger is killed and spinning all new fantasy scenarios to cope.
How long before:

"Oh man, Disney is such a good company, they would be so good in the console space, they own everything and would easily outsell Sony. They have more IP's than Sony, Sony wouldn't be able to compete with Disney!"

• haha
Reactions: KiryuRealty

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
How long before:

"Oh man, Disney is such a good company, they would be so good in the console space, they own everything and would easily outsell Sony. They have more IP's than Sony, Sony wouldn't be able to compete with Disney!"
I’d love to see that just for the meltdowns. A certain poster around here would go apoplectic over a Disney console.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Look at this little bitch dick riding non-stop 🤣. Sorry don’t go that way buddy.