Microsoft's acquisition of Activison Blizzard

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Yeah, I think they're trying to stall in the hopes that the deal is killed overseas before they have to release any sensitive information.
Can they refuse to give any sensitive information on the grounds that all that always is leaked by m$ side?

D

Deleted member 417

Going back to the cloud tweet for a second, it is a valid concern. Redfall having a persistent online connection even for single-player, is a fate that will come to all Xbox games in the future. All of those games will run on Azure servers. I know I sound like a broken record but look at this:

• In 2021, AWS accounted for 13% of Amazon’s revenue ($469billion), but clocks in nearly three-quarters of their operating profit ($24.8 billion).

This year we saw in Microsoft reports that their Cloud computing services (Azure) were the areas that saw the biggest growth and profit (I looked for the breakdown on Icon but I can't find the thread).

Microsoft stated that Sony we not their competitor and it was the likes of Amazon that they are up against. Microsoft could use the gaming industry as a wedge to drive Azure into other areas and aggressively take market share from Amazon without having to directly compete.

1676997533521.png

Last edited by a moderator:

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Idas seems to think the EU will accept behavioral remedies but doesn't know about the CMA. Seems to go through a lot of effort to keep their hopes up.

IDAS Prediction.PNG

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
He hasnt been correct about anything. Hes just as much an xbox fantatic as tigerfish is in that thread, he just presents better.
“Presents” is the perfect word for it, since the Xbots are just exposing their asses to the world in all the merger threads everywhere.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
“Presents” is the perfect word for it, since the Xbots are just exposing their asses to the world in all the merger threads everywhere.
It really seems the entire internet besides a few places like here and surprisingly Neogaf are infected with MS's corporation propaganda. If you look at any Reddit post or forum thread about the acquisition you'll see the same talking points parroted over and over.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
It really seems the entire internet besides a few places like here and surprisingly Neogaf are infected with MS's corporation propaganda. If you look at any Reddit post or forum thread about the acquisition you'll see the same talking points parroted over and over.
Anyplace where moderation (at least on gaming) isnt heavy handed, say twitter for example, people can freely call the obvious crap out. Resetera is clearly deeply intertwined with whatever MS messaging is. GAF moderation seems more lenient in critizing microsofts, i wonder if something happened with its moderation team recently?

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Anyplace where moderation (at least on gaming) isnt heavy handed, say twitter for example, people can freely call the obvious crap out. Resetera is clearly deeply intertwined with whatever MS messaging is. GAF moderation seems more lenient in critizing microsofts, i wonder if something happened with its moderation team recently?
There seems to have been a shift. Kagey K finally caught a permaban for console warring and being an asshole the other day, and a few others have apparently been warned.

• brain
Reactions: Deleted member 417

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Screenshot-20230217-100508-Chrome.jpg

6e056df3d401167288caa8c20d98561369b7d52c.png

I really hope this deal fails.
That's amazing. Good going, regulators.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
It seems like a Chinese Third Party has expressed concerns with the deal to China's regulators.

via Idas

View attachment 578
Bet its netease. I wonder how that would influence the decision over there in china if one of the major companies vehemently rejects it? Just to show you how petty and mad netease is with blizzard, they smashed a WOW statue.

"
By the end there's nothing left of Gorehowl but rubble: Funnily enough, in the lore this weapon is involved in some epic betrayals. After the statue is destroyed, and seemingly to rub salt in the wound, the NetEase employees are seen drinking 'Blizzard' green tea. I can't speak Chinese so take this with a pinch of salt, but this has been theorised to be a reference to a misogynistic piece of internet slang that translates as "green tea b****" (绿茶婊). The implication is essentially of someone who presents as pure but is devious and greedy.

NetEase wasn't done though. It also published a strongly worded statement(opens in new tab) about what's been going on on its official Weibo page. Firstly NetEase claims that the extension Blizzard offered was "unequal" and "unfair", and that its subsequent public statements were "outrageous, inappropriate, and not in line with business logic".

Then it really kicked off. "[Blizzard's] arrogance did not take into account the position it has left players and NetEase in by demanding everything. It is like riding a mule to find a horse, the behaviour of people divorced but still trying to live together".