icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming

Oh My God Wow GIF by reactionseditor

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Yep. Regularly felt like couldnt properly discuss Sony misteps there, or ate several temporary bans.

Here you get actual discussion rather than just outright dismissal as concern trolling. And/or, it feels like those that share that sentiment, feel more safer to talk freely about it here.
I stopped posting at GAF because it was constantly protecting xbot dorks and banning reasonable people. That site thinks this is a banned Sony fan haven.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022

Microsoft’s Smith Set for Talks With UK Chancellor Over Activision Deal Ban​

This is weeks old, and the fact that we haven't heard anything from MS or it's shills about this should tell you how it went, assuming it even took place.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
This is weeks old, and the fact that we haven't heard anything from MS or it's shills about this should tell you how it went, assuming it even took place.
Oops, I only saw it today and assumed it was recent

gokuss4

28 Jan 2023
To be fair, a lot of the regular PS fans in the PS OT on RE dont want the abk topic discussed in their either, they will report you if you do.
Yeah
I was there
the Playstation fans will report you if you bring any activision talks there
Reeee is a shit site
Sony fans should join us here

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
To be fair, a lot of the regular PS fans in the PS OT on RE dont want the abk topic discussed in their either, they will report you if you do.
I think a couple years ago they had real problems of xbox fans coming into the thread and derailed it constantly

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Reading some of the replies on reddit from the headlines that came out of this reminds me why I hate gamers in general. What bunch of gullible idiots.

MS better be funding some sort of bot brigade to upvote stupid takes or else there is no hope for humanity if the average person is like that and falls for every MS spin and take all they say at face value.

Evil Sony is being mean to good guy Xbox. GTFO...

What these idiots don't realize is that PS main headquarters is in The US. They pay taxes, donate to American charities, follow the rules...and provide employment to many Americans

Time to go back to Japan.

Last edited:

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Honestly the move into the US was very dumb. They should open a glamorous PS HQ in Japan. They can keep their current Building in California as NA branch but should transit the HQ to Japan back. This would be positive statement to Japan and also upset a lot of patriotic Americans.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Honestly the move into the US was very dumb. They should open a glamorous PS HQ in Japan. They can keep their current Building in California as NA branch but should transit the HQ to Japan back. This would be positive statement to Japan and also upset a lot of patriotic Americans.
Most of their devs, studios and 3rd party partners are in the usa, they have to have an hq in the usa. Cmon guys lets be real now.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I swear they are the most pathetic community among all others. They are worse than PS and Nintendo fanboys combined. I know it’s only empty barking but still they only live for Sony getting screwed. It’s also disappointing that Nick behaves like a mentally ill console warrant.

But too bad you dumb fools.
Microsoft can do shit in Japan.

24 Jun 2022

They could basically treat the American HQ like a Sega Technical Institute...

...except, y'know, produce a few actually sustainable IP and give them some autonomy for the American market. Poor Sega Technical Institute 😟

Also...I genuinely dislike Shpeshal_Nick. I don't like Jez Corden either, mind, but Nick has a certain "nastiness" to his dislike for PlayStation and poses as a pseudo-intellectual at times to disguise it.

But hey, these are the people folks like Phil Spencer, Sarah Bond, Aaron Greenberg etc. openly associate with. They want this energy...they can keep it.

Any unbiased takes out there? All I’m seeing is Xbox circle jerking.

Raw audio would be best.

You had to watch it live, sadly. After the streams are done they get deleted.

On the mornings of the trails they put out Zoom call links with a capacity of 1K. Otherwise, some people will get in and restream the audio feed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bryank75

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Sony needs more studios in Japan and Eastern Europe (Poland most likely), more investment on PlayStation as far as support (more hardware like a PS4 Portable, better support for legacy games), better marketing and communication.

They need to take a page from Nintendo and focus on what they are good at instead of trying to follow Microsoft footsteps. Sony sudden push for GaaS and Mobile is most likely going to be their biggest fail in decades and sounds like the plan an out of touch company like Square Enix would come up with.

Current Sony is constantly sending signs that they don't believe PlayStation is their future, when if fact it's pretty much all they have as far as games.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
It was a misguided PR decision, to appease western media. They thought US controlled media would be fairer if they westernized themselves.
The sad truth is, US corporations and controlled media want a US controlled world.
A reoccurring theme with Sony = Miguided PR decision.

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I swear they are the most pathetic community among all others. They are worse than PS and Nintendo fanboys combined. I know it’s only empty barking but still they only live for Sony getting screwed. It’s also disappointing that Nick behaves like a mentally ill console warrant.

But too bad you dumb fools.
Microsoft can do shit in Japan.

Xbox fans are extremely obnoxious and they pretty much all seem fake (because they come off as Microsoft fans and not fans of games or even Xbox).

Poor $2.5 trillion company ☹️

Sony just followed what MS did between 2006-2010 to make the 360 sell more

What does Sony do to Xbox? Beats their ass?

Last edited: