MS President Brad Smith: In Europe, PlayStation has 80% Marketshare, Xbox has 20%. Globally it’s 70/30

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
I remember listening to his after they first show the halo infinite demo and everyone was trashing it rand lost his shit on several ppl in his chat. He cussed them out and kicked them. He tries to pretend he’s above the console war but he is really in his feelings what Xbox takes a major L. Same with jizz corden
it's been a rough gen for them. Just L after L.

part of the reason I want MS to exit the console business is so that their few remaining customers can be put out of their misery. If they were forced into a PS5 they would see what they've been missing.

Really sad to see gamers deprived, mistreated, and starved for games like this.

Damn you, MS.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Keep Dreaming Max Greenfield GIF by CBS
Nah, the MS president stated some facts. PS outperforms Xbox revenue wise:
  • 2.33:1 worldwide
  • 4:1 in Europe
  • 24:1 in Japan
It would be nice to close this gap a bit, having a better direct competition would engage Sony to do it better.

Just make them sign that CoD will remain on PS not only 10 years, but as long as CoD and PS remain relevant, and extend it to (some time after release) PS+ and PS Cloud gaming. The regulators, Sony and MS would be happy with this.

Last edited:

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
It would be nice to close this gap a bit, having a better direct competition would engage Sony to do it better.
stop this nonsense. m$ should take all responsibility, there is no one to blame just m$.

they have more studios and way more employees.

sony shouldn't be PUNISHED because m$ is shit. they did that on their own by forcing on people what they don't want, doing and pushing m$ corporate strategies into gaming where those have nothing to do with gaming.
not investing in rest of the world, developing relationships developers and retailers. they basically didn't put any EFFORT into xbox whatsoever,
so why they should be awarded and excused?

and that's not how competition works. if you think that's competition, so you as much delusional as those pathetic bottom feeders like colt eastwoods, jez, dealer etc.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022

Microsoft doesn't need activision to compete. They need to be competent with the effectively unlimited supplies they have. They can close that gap if they actually do their fucking job instead of taking games from other platforms.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
stop this nonsense. m$ should take all responsibility, there is no one to blame just m$.

they have more studios and way more employees.

sony shouldn't be PUNISHED because m$ is shit. they did that on their own by forcing on people what they don't want, doing and pushing m$ corporate strategies into gaming where those have nothing to do with gaming.
not investing in rest of the world, developing relationships developers and retailers. they basically didn't put any EFFORT into xbox whatsoever,
so why they should be awarded and excused?

and that's not how competition works. if you think that's competition, so you as much delusional as those pathetic bottom feeders like colt eastwoods, jez, dealer etc.
By allowing this acquisition nobody would be punishing Sony.

They would only be alowing a loser to make an acquisition to be slightly closer to a direct competition who has been dominating them for decades. It's called competition.

To protect the clear and distant market leader from an acquisition that wouldn't almost affect them at all goes against competition. Even if allowing CoD to go console exclusive wouldn't change almost anything, it would only help MS to get a bit closer to Sony.

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023

Just make them sign that CoD will remain on PS not only 10 years, but as long as CoD and PS remain relevant, and extend it to (some time after release) PS+ and PS Cloud gaming. The regulators, Sony and MS would be happy with this.
They are already competing though with plenty of resources, studios and IPs after Zenimax.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
They would only be alowing a loser to make an acquisition to be slightly closer to a direct competition who has been dominating them for decades. It's called competition.

Bullshit. Xbox already has more studios than Sony, and this acquisition alone is valued at 70% of what Sony is valued as a COMPANY. Competition would be them investing in getting their house in order, release a console that doesn't lose $200 per sale, and actually release games.

To protect the clear and distant market leader from an acquisition that wouldn't almost affect them at all goes against competition. Even if allowing CoD to go console exclusive wouldn't change almost anything, it would only help MS to get a bit closer to Sony.

Sony being a market leader does not prevent competition though? Every market has a leader. In what way does Apple, for example, prevent competition in the smartphone space? They don't. That's a bullshit argument. Microsoft has something like 150B cash on hand, they have bought one of the biggest publishers and are on their way to buy another. How is that competing if not just buying to take away from the competition?

You have no clue what you're talking about and it shows.

Edit - to add that the more consolidated the industry becomes, the harder it is for new competition to enter the market.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
If anybody actually gives a rats ass about economic jargon, here's what the gaming software industry is not at the moment and what will become as we move forward with this consolidation bullshit:

To add, Hardware is already an oligopoly (almost a duopoly).

What Are Some Negative Effects of an Oligopoly?

An oligopoly is when a few companies exert significant control over a given market. Together, these companies may control prices by colluding with each other, ultimately providing uncompetitive prices in the market. Among other detrimental effects of an oligopoly include limiting new entrants in the market and decreased innovation. Oligopolies have been found in the oil industry, railroad companies, wireless carriers, and big tech.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
By allowing this acquisition nobody would be punishing Sony.

and why healthy business would want this ARTIFICIALLY lowering market share?

did they released games? did they give retailers better conditions? did they support more countries? did they listen gamers? did they give better products? did they give better service? did they give better hardware?

Sony was in pretty much in the same position, what they did? they Competed for Real.(not this nonsense publisher buyouts) they created games, tens of games : exclusives, second party, third party. developed relationship with other studios, they developed talents. they invested in world wide markets, they distributed Playstation in a lot of countries. they developed hardware, software. they cutter to gamers. they supported other smaller developers, supported Indie developers.

and that's why Playstation reaps the rewards. that's what competition is. not this nonsense fake ass buying publishers competition.

Last edited:

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I remember listening to his after they first show the halo infinite demo and everyone was trashing it rand lost his shit on several ppl in his chat. He cussed them out and kicked them. He tries to pretend he’s above the console war but he is really in his feelings what Xbox takes a major L. Same with jizz corden
Lol I'll have to find that podcast. The halo infinite reveal was dire times for xbots, literally one of the worst showings ever.

D

Deleted member 417

We should bring Bernd back. His meltdown would be glorious.
He's on another forum, still having meltdowns.

The worst part about being an xbox fan, is that you cannot critique or criticise or compare modern-day Xbox. I would take Og Xbox and Xbox 360 over PS2 and PS3 any day of the week. However, if an xbox fan points out that the direction Xbox is going in, and has gone in, is the wrong one, you get labelled a Sony fanboy. This happens on every gaming website. It's particularly frustrating that I had an xbox day one, I, like many, are true xbox fans because we got in there early and stuck with it.

On the flip side, you can critique Sony and Nintendo as a Sony or Nintendo fan and most will have a discussion with you. Xbox fans are their own worst enemies.

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

Competition would be when all ABK games are available on both consoles, creating equal opportunities for both companies. And an acquisition is not the way to have that.

Xbox has more studios and games in production than PlayStation. They have all the resources to compete if they want to. And if they still can't compete despite having more resources, it is up to them and then they don't deserve to have their market share increased.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

skip to 2h:43m in for some good laughs. The two biggest xbox fans have mental breakdowns over how upset they are that everyone thinks xbox is a joke. You can hear the pain in Rand's voice.

It must be absolutely miserable to be an xbox-main gamer. God forbid an Xbox-only gamer.
'To be taken seriously we need a few more HiFi Rush's'.... next day Shinji Mikami quits!

LOL I couldn't write this shit better myself!

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Bunch of lies again.

Ignoring Nintendo on purpose.

Combining all console sales since ps1 in chart.

Unbeliveable.
just to be clear the comparison was about 2022… I have no ideia why you think PS1 and others are included.

They used IDG 2022 data.

1677176488792.jpeg