[Nadeshot] “ For some reason, everybody in the gaming community wants games to fail"

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
We want terrible games to fail as the industry. Seeds some cleansing. Is that supposed to be a bad thing?

Thing is most people who say its terrible havent played it.

Overwatch won game of the year lol... game of the year and praised.
Had just as much or more Woke crap.

Concord plays better for me, so a game that plays as well as a former game of the year, being called terrible by people who havent played it..
Its not logical

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Thing is most people who say its terrible havent played it.

Overwatch won game of the year lol... game
of the year and praised.
Had just as much or more Woke crap.

Concord plays better for me, so a game that plays as well as a former game of the year, being called terrible by people who havent played it..
Its not logical

Overwatch sold thru like 10 to 15 million units that debut year. Do you think Concord will do that? Key difference is umm… achieving success in both sales and reception.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
If i dont want to buy sweet baby inch / dei game or shitty games im a bad person?

Fuck off
Thing is i didnt see PS fans as vocal with Spiderman 2.
You saw some complain with TLOU2.
Most of you have different reasons to hate it, which is fine.

“I hate woke” - Sure, majority played other woke games.. Overwatch, TLOU are just as woke if not more.

“I hate MP games” - Ok...Alot of people dont

“I dont hate MP games,I just hero shooters” - Ok.. this game isnt made for you then

“I want more SP games” - Me too, theres more coming

“I hate character designs” - Fine, doesnt make the game terrible

“I hate this genre” - Sure, Overwatch won goty, the world doesnt revolve around you. Others like it

“Theres already too many shooters like it” - No there really isnt. Theres a million CODs, Platformers and open world games too, lets stop making those too?

Last edited:

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Overwatch sold thru like 10 to 15 million units that debut year. Do you think Concord will do that? Key difference is umm… achieving success in both sales and reception.
No I dont think it will do close to that.

I just think it plays better for me, hence deserves the chance to try

J_Paganel

30 Jan 2024
Interesting. A bit broad stroke and oversimplified, but rings true….

He voices the right theses, but then talks about “BASED russian and Chinese games,” although the former had them many years ago and died due to massive piracy in the local market, unwillingness to invest in technology, and the emergence of many scam developers, while in China everything is stifled by censorship and a market that is completely focused on f2p and gambling (at the moment, the theses about China are working for russia).

And they never raised the issue of when really great and “muscular” games failed financially and killed their parents.

World in Conflict, SpecOPS, SleepingDogs, and many others send their greetings to those who ignored these releases for F2P and other entertainment that could not be stolen.

Last edited:
Reactions: JAHGamer

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Nuh, too many people here either forgot or they are young and were not in gaming community till recently. The gaming community was always like this since the beginning in late 90s. Go back to archive forums like gamespot and gaming age and you will think you are in 2024. The core community mindset never changed. It is the products and creators who changed. Anything that grows in popularity has to sacrifice something. You were a gourmet burger restaurant and then you become McDonald's.

• Informative
Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Nuh, too many people here either forgot or they are young and were not in gaming community till recently. The gaming community was always like this since the beginning in late 90s. Go back to archive forums like gamespot and gaming age and you will think you are in 2024. The core community mindset never changed. It is the products and creators who changed. Anything that grows in popularity has to sacrifice something. You were a gourmet burger restaurant and then you become McDonald's.
Id say its gotten worse. Or the smaller argumentative fans, have grown into a majority and that mindset has spread into other platforms.
People use to make normal commments under youtube comments. I feel like during the PS3/360 gen it became a bigger mess and warring all the time

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Maybe…

But PlayStation success dates from way before Gamespot or internet be something everybody has access.

I just remember praise in all single unique, different and experimental experiences Sony tried since PS1.

Large and diverse library was always what made Sony successful over the competitions.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Systemshock2023

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You choose
Historically what made Somy stand up and successful is to have a large and diversity library of games.

And not focus in a single type of game.

Between narrative single player game Sony always delivered a unique, high praised and innovative games… but you seem to forget that Twisted Metal, Parapa The Rapper, Warhawk, WipEout, Crash Badicoot, Jet Moto, MLB, GT,, MediEvil, Syphon Fighter,Dark Cloud, Eye Toy, Ape Escape, Siren, Flowers, MAG, Motorstorm, SOCOON, LittleigPlanet, Journey, etc etc etc etc never happened.

BTW if I will go look on Twitter you will see a lot of posts hating the third-person narrative template that Sony used in a lot of games lately.

But you close your eyes to own PlayStantion hand history and what goes against what you like 🤷‍♂️

PLAYSTATION WAS ALWAYS BUILD FOR EVERYBODY!

PS. I just listed some games I remember up to middle PS3 and give up after because there are so much more than narrative games on Sony portifolio.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kokoloko

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Historically what made Somy stand up and successful is to have a large and diversity library of games.

And not focus in a single type of game.

Between narrative single player game Sony always delivered a unique, high praised and innovative games… but you seem to forget that Twisted Metal, Parapa The Rapper, Warhawk, WipEout, Crash Badicoot, Jet Moto, MLB, GT,, MediEvil, Syphon Fighter,Dark Cloud, Eye Toy, Ape Escape, Siren, Flowers, MAG, Motorstorm, SOCOON, LittleigPlanet, Journey, etc etc etc etc never happened.

BTW if I will go look on Twitter you will see a lot of posts hating the third-person narrative template that Sony used in a lot of games lately.

But you close your eyes to own PlayStantion hand history and what goes against what you like 🤷‍♂️

PLYSTATION WAS BUILD GOR EVERYBODY!

PS. I just listed some games I remember up to middle PS3 and give up after because there are so much more than narrative games on Sony portifolio.
So your happy to jump back 30 years but neglect to mention the standing success of the brand as it is actual seen….which is in fact not all that different then and now.

Sony till recently was about world class Ip and cutting edge execution. It’s was also about small and impactful indie’s showcasing creativity and art.

It’s never been about chasing fads, GaaS or the mimicking of the opposition. These things are diluting the brand, together with the PC day one releases for the disposable gaas garbage.

The moment this is normalised and the main focus, it’s the end of something special. You think it can’t happen? Check the rest of the industry.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
So your happy to jump back 30 years but neglect to mention the standing success of the brand as it is actual seen….which is in fact not all that different then and now.

Sony till recently was about world class Ip and cutting edge execution. It’s was also about small and impactful indie’s showcasing creativity and art.

It’s never been about chasing fads, GaaS or the mimicking of the opposition. These things are diluting the brand, together with the PC day one releases for the disposable gaas garbage.

The moment this is normalised and the main focus, it’s the end of something special. You think it can’t happen? Check the rest of the industry.
Like I said I'm a Sony fan since start 🤷‍♂️

Plus I never denied the success with single-player narrative games lol
I said that it is not the only thing that makes PlayStation successful.

PlayStation is about everything in gaming.
That includes narrative driven, GAAS, unique experiences, sports, etc etc etc.

And Sony never stopped to release narrative focused games to release GAAS games lol
They always released both and more.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Like I said I'm a Sony fan since start 🤷‍♂️

Plus I never denied the success with single-player narrative games lol
I said that it is not the only thing that makes PlayStation successful.

PlayStation is about everything in gaming.
That includes narrative driven, GAAS, unique experiences, sports, etc etc etc.

And Sony never stopped to release narrative focused games to release GAAS games lol
They always released both and more.
They close legendary studios like Evolution but fund abominations like Concord….nothing to see here, it’s all fine.

Reactions: J_Paganel

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Gaas is scare word. Like people arent paying for Helldivers 2 or Concord DLC. So not sure where this service is? Its a MP game simple.
And its not the main focus. They are a platform that need multiple games and genres, they arent Take2 or EA.
PS has done MP before and mimicked plenty of times. Move being one. Nintendo also do it. Everyone does it.

If you played Concord you’ll know they havent lost quality except for character design. Solid controls, gameplay, presentation, animations, etc.

As much as I dont play Gatcha or online games, or other genres. Sony needs to make them.
They might move their quality into those genres too.
Id love for them to have a couple of strategy games, handful of puzzle games. A kart racer, a powerstone or smash bros brawler. WRPG, JRPG, more platformers. More smaller niche games. But I also wouldnt mind trying there shooters, and other genres I havent tried or been a fan of before.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
They close legendary studios like Evolution but fund abominations like Concord….nothing to see here, it’s all fine.
What have they got to do with each other?
They got rid of Evolution because they fucked up the Driveclub launch. Years before there ever was a Hero Shooter outside of Team Fortess 2
As much as Id like Sony to have another more arcade like racer, I want them to do other stuff too. I just need them to double/triple down on SP games. Sony has the money. So closing one studio for another wasnt why Concord happened.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I can understand that.

Evolution fucked themselves in the big chance they had (people will say it was minor... nope it was not minor... it was giant in public perception... every Sony plan focused in DriveClub were fucked... the game didn't proper work for 6 months after the release).
Firewalk didn't have any big chance yet.

Maybe after Concord the same fate could happen to Firewalk.
The question is why should you close a studio that didn't even the chance to show it game?

Reactions: Danja and Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The question is why should you close a studio that didn't even the chance to show it game?

Depending on what has happened to Bungie’s projects ( Are they working on a new Sci fi Sp player shooter like Halo)

Id have Concord team make a regular looking scifi shooter with a campaign. Should have a MP mode too. They have a studio that has gameplay talent, they shouldnt lose get rid of it.

Evolution suppoposedly got absorbed into other teams, but I wouldnt of got rid of them either. Talent for racers was there

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
I can understand that.

Evolution fucked themselves in the big chance they had (people will say it was minor... nope it was not minor... it was giant in public perception... every Sony plan focused in DriveClub were fucked... the game didn't proper work for 6 months after the release).
Firewalk didn't have any big chance yet.

It all comes back to being astute in choosing the right talent and project. A major key to Sony’s success that seems to be questionable at present. Proof in point being the reception, something a billion avg gamers could have seen coming a mile away, but Sony didn’t? Typical throw shit at the fan technique. Lest we forget Jay Raymond’s upcoming game.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It all comes back to being astute in choosing the right talent and project. A major key to Sony’s success that seems to be questionable at present. Proof in point being the reception, something a billion avg gamers could have seen coming a mile away, but Sony didn’t? Typical throw shit at the fan technique. Lest we forget Jay Raymond’s upcoming game.
Most Evolution's talents are still in Sony.

And I think you don't understand the industry (or any industry at all)... for each risk taken to support a new game / studio very few give fruit to success.
That is the same for Music, Movies, etc... well all industries.

What you can't do is to support new studios... or new bands, artists, etc.
People in the business invest in a lot of bands to find a single one that really stand out... but if you don't give any chance you won't never know if that band was destined to shine 🤷‍♂️

I always supported the diversity and support that Sony give to studios.
And I'm happy to have really some gems from these so "non-talented" studios.

Remember a studio will only prove to be talented if somebody give the chances to them show themselves.
All successful Sony studios are what they are today because Sony give them chance to stand out.

Evolution fucked it own chance.... while being 3rd-party RAD did the same... and these are just a few of them.

Game business is risk.

PS. You seems only to remember the Sony's successful games but forget the amount of games that Sony delivery between these mega hit 🤷‍♂️