NDrake: An acclaimed Xbox 1st party title, in GOTY convo for the year it released, will come to a compt pltform in 2024. HiFi Rush, Sea of thieves

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022

Video Game Agree GIF by Guerrilla

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
Nate in the Era thread doing damage control about the console so the xbots don't murder him. He's just repeating the PS5 PC strategy from Sony and applying it to Xbox.

View attachment 3590

Game Pass has been such an absolute disaster for Xbox. He says Xbox hardware will remain the primary way to sell it and it will be how game are delivered to a significant percentage of Xbox owners. It's all very placating, but ignores that Game Pass has stagnated and Xbox hardware sales have significantly diminished. Porting games to other platforms will not change this downward momentum, it will speed it up. If MS wants to make any headway on returns for their acquisitions, they're simply not going to be able to rely on their Xbox userbase and Game Pass.

More and more, it looks like they really are aiming to have their games on every screen that can play them. Delaying games serves no purpose whatsoever, unlike Sony's strategy with delayed PC ports. I suppose time will tell, but the difference is Sony has a significant console userbase who will pay for games at full price and Xbox does not.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Nintendo looking at MS releasing their games on PC/PlayStation/Switch and PlayStation releasing their games on PC.

f63ed4353608ac2c6080fdafedd60865.jpg

We know what they need to fully take advantage of this, but they continue to be shy of the risk (and cost). MS is still not out. Which is also the same calculus that I see that makes Valve hesitate with a similar push. Bottomline, if Xbox leaves the hardware business, either Valve or Nintendo or someone else will position themselves with a console, with relative power, as a direct competitor to PlayStation, and as MS's positional replacement. It's coming, and whomever that is would be stupid not to pounce on the Sony weaknesses (of their own making). If anything it's those weaknesses that attract the challenge, and make the core of the market challenge. I fully welcome it.

Nate in the Era thread doing damage control about the console so the xbots don't murder him. He's just repeating the PS5 PC strategy from Sony and applying it to Xbox.

View attachment 3590
The other argument assumes MS is leaving the hardware business. Even I myself I'm not too sure about that, regardless of going this way with publishing. MS has been trying to reinvent and shape the console market and what a platform holder is by many means. This being another experiment for the 3 triple E's is possible.

Last edited:

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023

View attachment 3590
Funny how everyone on era goes out of their way to coddle and reassure these Xbox fanboys, but if a PlayStation fan says anything they get dogpiled and banned.

Last edited:

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Funny how everyone on era goes out of their way to coddle and reassure these Xbox fanboys, but if a PlayStation fan says anything they get dogpiled and banned.
Newsflash resetera has been banning plenty of ps gamers

It has numerous xbox moderator like judge in charge to take control the narrative

I thought everyone here already know about resetera as an xtot haven by now

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
We know what they need to fully take advantage of this, but they continue to be shy of the risk (and cost). MS is still not out. Which is also the same calculus that I see that makes Valve hesitate with a similar push. Bottomline, if Xbox leaves the hardware business, either Valve or Nintendo or someone else will position themselves with a console, with relative power, as a direct competitor to PlayStation, and as MS's positional replacement. It's coming, and whomever that is would be stupid not to pounce on the Sony weaknesses (of their own making). If anything it's those weaknesses that attract the challenge, and make the core of the market challenge. I fully welcome it.

The other argument assumes MS is leaving the hardware business. Even I myself I'm not too sure about that, regardless of going this way with publishing. MS has been trying to reinvent and shape the console market and what a platform holder is by many means. This being another experiment for the 3 triple E's is possible.
I could see one last hail marry by Xbox where they use regulator to try the same thing Epic store did to Apple and Google in an attempt to open shop inside PlayStation consoles withou paying Sony anything.

I can't see a future for Xbox but MS could still be a problem.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters