NDrake: An acclaimed Xbox 1st party title, in GOTY convo for the year it released, will come to a compt pltform in 2024. HiFi Rush, Sea of thieves

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Even going to the rumors subreddit, most posters are saying nick is full of shit.

He's right 5% of the time, all the time!

happy paul rudd GIF

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Speshal Nick claims Xbox secured some exclusive that will make a lot of people angry, but he can't say what it is because he'll get in a lot of trouble. Sounds like trying to distract from all the port news.

Reading it again, he might be implying it's a port that would make a lot of people angry. If it's final fantasy, which it's doubtful Nick is even accurate as he's gotten a lot of things wrong, it would mean MS and Xbox fanboys lied about Sony permanently blocking those games from Xbox.

Where did he say this nonsense?

These fake insiders love trying to get attention

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
I actually think there is a possibility, if Microsoft give them enough cash.

It would be utterly catastrophic for sales and the future of the series though.

It's not going to happen, plain and simple. I think a lot of the marketing deals between Sega/Atlus & Xbox we've seen lately were set in place earlier in the generation, probably late 2021. When the prospects for Xbox seemed a lot more optimistic than the reality that's transpired to this day.

Knowing that, if Sega did in fact do some timed exclusivity deal or marketing deal for Persona 6 with Xbox, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried finding a way out of that contract, even if it'd mean paying it out. Even if it'd mean taking an offer from Sony or Nintendo to cover a buyout from the contract with Microsoft. Persona 6 is going to be one of their biggest releases of the next few years, but that's only really possible if marketing or exclusivity aren't tied to a heavily struggling console.

Sadly for Xbox, they're "that" console brand. Growth for the Persona IP would be hurt much more than helped if marketing rights or timed exclusivity were tied to Xbox, and a moneybag from Microsoft isn't going to be worth it for the long-term health of the IP. So in short, the "rumor"d have nothing to do with Persona 6.

It's not even a rumor, because Nick isn't an insider. He's just a hanger-on wannabe insider trying to (poorly) hide his being a massive Xbox fanboy.

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Oh, Puertorock77 did a great video on this whole thing focused on how influencers and media get their marching orders from Microsoft and how overnight they changed their tune and it indicates that Xbox is definitely pivoting to multiplatform. Even if they continue their console for the rest of the generation.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Oh, Puertorock77 did a great video on this whole thing focused on how influencers and media get their marching orders from Microsoft and how overnight they changed their tune and it indicates that Xbox is definitely pivoting to multiplatform. Even if they continue their console for the rest of the generation.
I think what we will see is a discontinuation of the hardware this year, but software continuing for two to three more years, but digital only very soon.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
3rd party port/exclusive……..people going crazy.

MS becoming 3rd party publisher putting their games on PlayStation and Nintendo……..Meh, makes business sense and shouldn’t hurt Xbox.

🤡 🎪 🤡

• haha
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Speshal Nick claims Xbox secured some exclusive that will make a lot of people angry, but he can't say what it is because he'll get in a lot of trouble. Sounds like trying to distract from all the port news.
I love how it’s on the backdrop of a long rumored Xbox game getting canceled as well, the halo code name “Tatanka” or whatever they were calling it. I love how he’s the rumor mill king but no one ever bothered to tell him about Xbox’s intentions to go third party.

“Ok so what this game got cancelled and Xbox is seemingly going third party, but they have this HUGE exclusive that will make the internet melt. Trust me.”

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023

You can tell when Xbox pr isn’t speaking with them, content creators (like LSM Defining Duke) panic and moan and then that’s always followed by an impressively coordinated narrative that spreads in the right social media/media accounts that aims to establish new normal.

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
You can tell when Xbox pr isn’t speaking with them, content creators (like LSM Defining Duke) panic and moan and then that’s always followed by an impressively coordinated narrative that spreads in the right social media/media accounts that aims to establish new normal.

It's kinda scary how Microsoft holds the strings and makes these puppets dance.

But also it makes the Xbox fandom seem stronger and bigger than it actually is.