NDrake: An acclaimed Xbox 1st party title, in GOTY convo for the year it released, will come to a compt pltform in 2024. HiFi Rush, Sea of thieves

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
They have their zealots, but I thought the company itself mostly stayed out of it.
Hmmm Reggie when he was in charge would take a few jabs at Sony. He was a real full of shit dude. Japanese culture isn't really like tht in terms of gaming si you don't see tht on tht end m, very rare.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I used to think Bethesda was actually a decent publisher. Not talking just BGS here … their publishing efforts from Doom to Evil Within. And then there’s success like Elder Scrolls Online that we don’t care about but can’t ignore. Bethesda and WB were good options to have vs Activision, Ubisoft and EA.

Can I ask… who was publisher for Starfield? Bethesda or Microsoft?

While Kotick spoke truth and called gamepass “value destructive” with him gone I’m unsure if CoD will stay multi platform.

They can’t take it off competing platforms just yet because no one buys Xbox and it’s too risky to assume cod players will leave PlayStation. CoD players let arena for f2p Warzone. I’d argue that it actually wouldn’t sway enough over because something else will just take its place.

Pete Hines was also not fond of gamepass as seen in the emails and considered it unfair they had to make Starfield console exclusive while CoD is being offered to continue business as usual and take profits made on actual succesful platforms.

Pete Hines quit. 🤣

I could see Bethesda trying to find a way to exist as a multiplaform studio. Gamepass hurt Starfield big time. Irregardless of quality the game would’ve sold thru 10 million and instead of being available to rent for a month for 12 bucks or a coupon from the back of a Mountain Dew or Doritos bag.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
If Microsoft does buy a Japanese publisher, I think the games will still come to Nintendo platforms. The only ones that will be left behind are the PlayStation players.
Must be exhausting to be in a constant state of doom like that.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I used to think Bethesda was actually a decent publisher. Not talking just BGS here … their publishing efforts from Doom to Evil Within. And then there’s success like Elder Scrolls Online that we don’t care about but can’t ignore. Bethesda and WB were good options to have vs Activision, Ubisoft and EA.

Can I ask… who was publisher for Starfield? Bethesda or Microsoft?

While Kotick spoke truth and called gamepass “value destructive” with him gone I’m unsure if CoD will stay multi platform.

They can’t take it off competing platforms just yet because no one buys Xbox and it’s too risky to assume cod players will leave PlayStation. CoD left rational arena for f2p Warzone. I’d argue that it actually would sway enough over because something else will just take its place.

Pete Hines was also not fond of gamepass as seen in the emails and considered it unfair they had to make Starfield console exclusive while CoD is being offered to continue business as usual and take profits made on actual succesful platforms.

Pete Hines quit. 🤣

I could see Bethesda trying to find a way to exist as a multiplaform studio. Gamepass hurt Starfield big time. Irregardless of quality the game would’ve sold thru 10 million and instead of being available to rent for a month for 12 bucks or a coupon from the back of a Mountain Dew or Doritos bag.
Starfield is a 2023 action role-playing game developed by Bethesda Game Studios and published by Bethesda Softworks

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Xbox fanboys won't care as long as Playstation doesn't get the game. That's the thing they hate most.

It is weird though that Nintendo and Xbox seemingly have this weird alliance to sort of team up against Playstation.
I don't think there is any alliance.

MS just offering nintendo games and nintendo don't have to do anything in return.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Did you already forget about the leaked emails? you’re pretty naive to think we’re safe.
We all know thyve been "trying" for years to buy one but the jap devs just aren't with it. If they ever do acquire one it'll be some low level jap dev that will amount to nothing.

Its like them wanting to buy Nintendo lol you can want all you want but it isn't happening.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
I used to think of Nintendo as a mostly neutral party but they really don't like Playstation either.

Nintendo? Haha hell no. They’re far from neutral. They can be ruthless when they want to.

That whole crossplay time period was an attack on PlayStation by Nintendo and MS.

Last edited:

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
We all know thyve been "trying" for years to buy one but the jap devs just aren't with it. If they ever do acquire one it'll be some low level jap dev that will amount to nothing.

Its like them wanting to buy Nintendo lol you can want all you want but it isn't happening.
Even Segas's CFO implied that their current owner probably wouldn't agree to be bought out.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Did you already forget about the leaked emails? you’re pretty naive to think we’re safe.

Yes I saw the emails and the list of studios.

The catch is that MS can want things all they want. The studio has to want to be bought. And there’s Japan regulation laws which is completely different from the corrupt, paid, political, western laws.

You people act like MS can just go around buying everything just because they have money.

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
Doesn't make any sense for Starfield. Game was canceled for PS5. Why developing it for PS5 for 2nd time?
How do you know it wasn't simply paused?

Pretty sure they would have expected bigger sales than what they likely ended up with.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
It's gonna come to PS as well. People keep forgetting a 1st party title is already ported. Love the copium from the hardcore shitty fanbase.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
It's gonna come to PS as well. People keep forgetting a 1st party title is already ported. Love the copium from the hardcore shitty fanbase.
We'll see. I could easily imagine MS being petty enough to put it on everything but Playstation.

I can also imagine Xbox zealots moving the goalposts and being ok with these ports as long as Playstation doesn't get any.

gokuss4

Veteran
28 Jan 2023
We'll see. I could easily imagine MS being petty enough to put it on everything but Playstation.

I can also imagine Xbox zealots moving the goalposts and being ok with these ports as long as Playstation doesn't get any.
The bots on twitter are actually very angry that hi fi rush coming to the switch 😑

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
This may be a stunt that they can point to in court later on to argue why they should be allowed to buy a Japanese dev.

What? No. Seriously, y'all have to get out of this mentality. Stop letting Xbox control the narrative; that's mostly why I'm already over this rumor.

All that matters is that Sony are doing what they need to do for the health of PlayStation as a business, and to our tastes as gamers. That's a reason why I'm going to stop focusing on Xbox as much going forward.

It's very sneaky, how the brand and its influencers have effectively shifted online discourse to center around it. Even ITT, it's more of the same. Can't keep letting that happen.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Everytime this thread shows up i thought nathan drake talking and new uncharted game are coming

Discover Video Game GIF by Naughty Dog

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Looks like Xbox fanboys are already looking for ways to spin this as a W against Playstation. I guess PS doesn't have anything if you ignore things like ff7 rebirth, stellar blade, silent hill 2 remake, granblue, rise of the ronin, etc.