[Neil Druckmann] - "I've started thinking about how many of these games I have left in me - And its not that many" (at least not at this scale)

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
The DEI team will make sure he's replaced by a more inclusive choice, preferably someone who has demonstrated their ability to not work too much so they don't stress out the rest of the studio.
There must be loads of people in the wings at the company that can take over his position and i would imagine many of them are incredibly talented.

I don't know that much about Naughty Dog, but Uncharted 2, for example, was done by that Amy Hennig chick; that particular game was incredible. ( i know she left the company but there most be loads of good people like that still there)

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
There must be loads of people in the wings at the company that can take over his position and i would imagine many of them are incredibly talented.

I don't know that much about Naughty Dog, but Uncharted 2, for example, was done by that Amy Hennig chick; that particular game was incredible. ( i know she left the company but there must be loads of good people like that still there)
There is and I'm sure Neil is also prepping senior staff just like Evan prepped him to eventually take over.

• Informative
Reactions: Sircaw

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022

I don't know that much about Naughty Dog, but Uncharted 2, for example, was done by that Amy Hennig chick; that particular game was incredible. ( i know she left the company but there most be loads of good people like that still there)

What I find funny in all of this is that people love to suck up to Amy while shitting on Neil, however.

Uncharted 2 (OMG AMY IS SO AMAZING)
  • Game Director: Bruce Straley
  • Creative Director: Amy Hennig
The Last of Us (OMG BRUCE DID EVERYTHING NEIL SUCKS)
  • Creative Director: Neil Druckmann
It's fucking selective and based on feelings against Neil

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
What I find funny in all of this is that people love to suck up to Amy while shitting on Neil, however.

But we have more people who claim Bruce is the reason Uncharted was great and Amy is trash? It's all over the last two pages as well

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
But we have more people who claim Bruce is the reason Uncharted was great and Amy is trash? It's all over the last two pages as well
Nah, it's actually split in this whole thread. You did still miss the point.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
If you're trying to be a non-political message board, but you allow half a dozen people to whine about "wokeness", you are a political message board and you chose a side. if someone were to have a different viewpoint, it would be clear to you that politics is taking place, which tells you what you need to know.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Nah, it's actually split in this whole thread. You did still miss the point.

Both things can be true, it isn't mutually exclusive. But also, both can be wrong.

We can't know for sure.
It could be that people value differently based what they brought to the games.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Attn:

I have removed certain political takes from this thread. Please be aware we would like to shy away from the political discourse that triggers and off puts many ppl. Please do your best to stray away from them.

Thanks

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

All i remember was, when i was researching getting a ps4 pro back in the day as my first console her name came up a lot, and people were extremely positive about her, i don't remember reading a lot about that Druckman dude, then again i was not really looking at the last of us but more at uncharted 1+2+3

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
We are still pushing this nonsense? Uncharted 3 suffered? Straley was replaced by the incomparable Justin Richmond. We already know the fallout became that Hennigs Uncharted 4 team wanted more resources and The Last of US was sucking up the resource air within the company which started internal issues. And then she went and publicly criticized Neil's use of feminism by making Ellie kiss a girl... And the fallout happened
Yes Uncharted 3 was the worst ND game of that era

Please stop the corporate fanfic

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Don't antagonize or disrespect
People complain about Neil Cuckmann simply because he is enforcing his political views in games! Your personal political stances should never be embedded in games. That’s also why TLOU 2 is so controversially discussed. TLOU 2 was ass.
Smooth

Last edited by a moderator:

BloodMod

Fear the Old Blood
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
People complain about Neil Cuckmann simply because he is enforcing his political views in games! Your personal political stances should never be embedded in games. That’s also why TLOU 2 is so controversially discussed. TLOU 2 was ass.
Ok, there is an escalating issue that I would like to address here.

I don't know how you identify yourselves politically or otherwise, if you consider yourselves "left", or "right" or if you think you're righteous or not. That should not matter.
This forum is about gaming, not a ground for attacking or provoking each other over petty crap like politics.

No more jokes about "woke" or whining about "snowflakes". This childish shit stops now.
dark souls kai GIF

ENOUGH

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Yes Uncharted 3 was the worst ND game of that era

Please stop the corporate fanfic
Not you thinking your subjective opinion = Fact. And apparently you can't spot the irony in your comment. Implying it's "corporate fanfic" while you're here doing the same thing you're telling me to stop 🧠🤣.

Uncharted 3 was the best Uncharted that era actually and definitely the most complete content rich package as a Naughty Dog game we ever got.

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Neil Druckmann: next game is "really ambitious" and will be "really hard" to make
In an interview with Logically Speaking, Druckmann describes the project as "really ambitious" but says that aspects of its creation are "really hard" on him and the team. "I've really surrendered to knowing it's going to be really hard, knowing it's going to stress members of the team out," he says, adding that he strives for ways to make it a "joyous experience" for him and everyone else.

Another GOTY incoming!
giphy.gif

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly