Next-gen Xbox to have 2 SKUs including handheld |UP| Xbox teases powerful next gen console & Phil alludes to handheld or playing everywhere sku.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
But why? Why make hardware only to be outsold 2:1?
they did say why:
first, that all of our games will be on the Xbox platform.
second, all of our games will go into Game Pass on day one.
third, we know that Game Pass will only be available on Xbox.

it's where you get the most flagship, seminal experience of Xbox. And it also represents a developer target. Our developers can build the specs of our hardware, and we invest to make sure when they do that the games are going to run great on our hardware, but they're also going to be able to be accessed across any screen because of all the other investments we make.

whether these are compelling reasons is another question.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Just out of interest I look forward to seeing how this turns out.

24 Jun 2022
He's probably on gaf.

I'm here too. And no @Infinity I never said they were making a streaming device; I said the PC-like Xbox hardware rumors were likely true...and they still seem very much to be the case. Maybe notice that the word "hardware" was used, not "consoles" specifically.

The word "console" was not specifically used by Sarah Bond and that is intentional, because like I've been saying, that also denotes a business model that money-wise makes little to no sense for Microsoft anymore, when we see their gaming fiscal results. But that doesn't mean shifting the hardware and business model for that hardware into a more PC-like territory means they have to shift away from the concept of 'generations' in hardware.

Anyways, I think we've been saturated with enough Xbox chatter the past two weeks, or at least I have. Y'all probably won't hear much on that note from me for a little bit because basically everything of interest has already been said. But we'll see other parts of the Discord rumor leak implemented gradually over the next few months/couple of years.

Although FWIW, they are taking a measured approach towards that roadmap which allows some wiggle room for adjustments if needed.

• haha
Reactions: Infinity
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I'm here too. And no @Infinity I never said they were making a streaming device; I said the PC-like Xbox hardware rumors were likely true...and they still seem very much to be the case. Maybe notice that the word "hardware" was used, not "consoles" specifically.

The word "console" was not specifically used by Sarah Bond and that is intentional, because like I've been saying, that also denotes a business model that money-wise makes little to no sense for Microsoft anymore, when we see their gaming fiscal results. But that doesn't mean shifting the hardware and business model for that hardware into a more PC-like territory means they have to shift away from the concept of 'generations' in hardware.

Anyways, I think we've been saturated with enough Xbox chatter the past two weeks, or at least I have. Y'all probably won't hear much on that note from me for a little bit because basically everything of interest has already been said. But we'll see other parts of the Discord rumor leak implemented gradually over the next few months/couple of years.

Although FWIW, they are taking a measured approach towards that roadmap which allows some wiggle room for adjustments if needed.
Yeah enough of this Xbox shit. Podcast wasn't even worth listening to.

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
So they are going to make two system again but this time even more limited to have to also run on a handheld? How fucking stupid can they be?

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
So they are going to make two system again but this time even more limited to have to also run on a handheld? How fucking stupid can they be?
Not concrete yet but if it does pan out like tht thts dumb.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023

Tom literally said it's a next gen console in his article. Your wrong. Concede. Xbox consoles aren't going anywhere. Like they said in the podcast. Its the core of their business.

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Gamepass only on xbox? So pc not working out as planned huh? More like no other platform wants your trash lol

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
How fucking stupid can they be?
Grande Medir GIF by Hidrogenesse

About that much.

Reactions: Eggman

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Tom literally said it's a next gen console in his article. Your wrong. Concede. Xbox consoles aren't going anywhere. Like they said in the podcast. Its the core of their business.

First of all, Tom is not an Xbox employee, and Sarah Bond is.

Second, can you please learn the difference between "your" and "you're"?

Third, you really are a special poster. Are you really like this in real life, or are you just trolling?

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
First of all, Tom is not an Xbox employee, and Sarah Bond is.

Second, can you please learn the difference between "your" and "you're"?

Third, you really are a special poster. Are you really like this in real life, or are you just trolling?
It's a next gen console. Xbox are consoles. A new powerful next gen Xbox is on the way. The facts literally right in your face but you just go "nah" , seek help.