Nobody is wishlisting Concord on Steam

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Lol I started using the word scrub again as soon I played HD2 with my Destiny team.
So I confirm this is true.

On a complete different note. You know Im disappointed we didnt get Factions 2. We couldn’t do the Forum faction wars like we said lol.
I was hoping once we beat those other forums in PVP, I could look to you and say: “You know @Sircaw …..We really are the Last of Us 😋
yep i would of been amazing to do something like that, I too was really looking forward to Factions aswell.

I could have been some sort of Medic and would have just sat there watching @JAHGamer bleed out.

bleeding GIF

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Lol I started using the word scrub again as soon I played HD2 with my Destiny team.
So I confirm this is true.

On a complete different note. You know Im disappointed we didnt get Factions 2. We couldn’t do the Forum faction wars like we said lol.
I was hoping once we beat those other forums in PVP, I could look to you and say: “You know @Sircaw …..We really are the Last of Us 😋
We had a chance to do that in Concord Beta but the Doomers were too terrified to even download the game in fear of actually loving it.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
What's the politics in Concord??
Are you still waiting on the answer? You might as well ask why someone who "hates" the game and doesn't want to play it keeps complaining about the game in every thread.

It reads to me "the lady doth protest too much, methinks".

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Are you still waiting on the answer? You might as well ask why someone who "hates" the game and doesn't want to play it keeps complaining about the game in every thread.

It reads to me "the lady doth protest too much, methinks".
Give him time... he is trying to find politics in Concord... he could be too busy :p

• brain
Reactions: Dick Jones

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
Give him time... he is trying to find politics in Concord... he could be too busy :p
If they hate the character designs so much, you'd think they'd love the game. It's first person game so you don't see your character and you get to shoot characters you "hate".

Win Win

24 Jun 2022
Being inclusive is an attack on straight white men and their fragile masculinity. That's all.

TBF, even if you're Latino, Indian, Mexican, African-American etc. most of the "progressive" designs are just not appealing or look like caricatures. Like how many Indians or Mexicans (I don't know the character's ethnicity) really or ideally see themselves in Daw? Let's be honest here: it's not very many.

There's a reason the Top 5 char picks across the betas were Teo (white, maybe Latino military shooter-looking dude?), Haymar (Asian woman), Lennox (regular alien guy some'd say is "white"-coded (again I hate the whole concept of "coding" here), Jabali (black guy with cool outfit, normal dude), and Roka (the only surprise I guess, guess the helmet helps).

They're arguably the five best character designs as-is, and don't feel like they were made for Tiktok Zoomers or fake-progressive ResetERA posters.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
TBF, even if you're Latino, Indian, Mexican, African-American etc. most of the "progressive" designs are just not appealing or look like caricatures. Like how many Indians or Mexicans (I don't know the character's ethnicity) really or ideally see themselves in Daw? Let's be honest here: it's not very many.

There's a reason the Top 5 char picks across the betas were Teo (white, maybe Latino military shooter-looking dude?), Haymar (Asian woman), Lennox (regular alien guy some'd say is "white"-coded (again I hate the whole concept of "coding" here), Jabali (black guy with cool outfit, normal dude), and Roka (the only surprise I guess, guess the helmet helps).

They're arguably the five best character designs as-is, and don't feel like they were made for Tiktok Zoomers or fake-progressive ResetERA posters.
Ok let's be honest here what does any of this have to do with "pronouns"? 🤔

We've discussed the issues with character designs and that wasn't being discussed or defended or anything at all. I don't like all the designs at this stage anyone on a forum still bitching about it just needs to STFU and move on.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

Or...

Teo have a standard play style with standard skills.
He is like the Soldier 76 in Overwatch.
And if you don't know Soldier 76 is gay.

The others chars needs a bigger learning curve to get used to how they works.

🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Kokoloko

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
My son came to me the otber day and was like "dad Concord is going to do bad" you know hes at tht tiktok, social media stage so the mindshare is really negative with this game. I hope it surprises.
Ofc it’s going to bomb. Concord is already seen by casuals as the un cool thing & the un cool thing being $40 has no chance against the cool thing (Fortnite, Apex, Valorant, Genshin etc) that are all F2P.

Not sure what firewalk & Sony thought about charging $40 for a solely simple 5v5 hero shooter in 2024. That’s just a suicide business model. The only reason I see PS charging $40 is to keep PS only users paying PS+ to play online games & just for that in component greed concord deserves to bomb & blow up in front of Sony face.

Concord should’ve been F2P with players grinding to unlock heroes for free or pay $10 or at launch like Multiversus have a $40 special edition that unlock all day 1 heroes

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
If they hate the character designs so much, you'd think they'd love the game. It's first person game so you don't see your character and you get to shoot characters you "hate".

Win Win
Hero shooter with mid to bad hero design is suicide for a game like this. Why play w knockoff guardians when you can play w all of the marvel characters in Marvel Rivals. Not to mention Overwatch, Apex & Valorant have better hero design & characters that are just cooler in personality

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023

I found itz the girl character w pink hair ability & gameplay really fun & unique. Her ability I haven’t seen in other hero shooter. My only issue is her in game character design is not attractive. Actually I find her design in the anime short to be more appealing then in game for some weird reason

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Those monsters. Do you want me to call you an ambulance for the pain you must be suffering?

How does that affect gameplay?
It may not affect gameplay but it certainly affected the game views by the casuals & mainstream. The whole pro nouns essentially killed the game conversation right of the top.

The bad hero design further killed concord & further fueled the conversation with Concord heroes not being cool or attractive.

Hopefully Sony learns & fire the people at firewalk who pushed this design/business model & get firewalk to work a existing ip like Killzone because from playing concord the game feel really good on par if not similar to Destiny. There’s clear talent at firewalk from a gameplay/game feel but balancing, hero design, hero personality, business model, higher up mentality position the studio from jump & if those rumors of devs feeling uncomfortable due to these higher ups that push a agenda upon devs should be fired.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
It may not affect gameplay but it certainly affected the game views by the casuals & mainstream. The whole pro nouns essentially killed the game conversation right of the top.

The bad hero design further killed concord & further fueled the conversation with Concord heroes not being cool or attractive.

Hopefully Sony learns & fire the people at firewalk who pushed this design/business model & get firewalk to work a existing ip like Killzone because from playing concord the game feel really good on par if not similar to Destiny. There’s clear talent at firewalk from a gameplay/game feel but balancing, hero design, hero personality, business model, higher up mentality position the studio from jump & if those rumors of devs feeling uncomfortable due to these higher ups that push a agenda upon devs should be fired.

Killzone? The IP is dead as much as I would love KZ2 Multiplayer back...y'all are so delusional about this franchise 🤣.

Nobody needs to be fired, the way some of you guys disregard people's livelihoods because they used pronouns or didn't make character y'all can jack off to.

What they should do is allow FireWalk to work on a single player campaign game with lobby based multiplayer. The studio obviously already have cinematic DNA built in.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Question is, will we play it if it all of a sudden drops on PS+?

For me that would be a no. It’s Uber modern audience vibe lacks appeal, but that is only one part of it….time, I have limited time to spend on game that is lesser than other games.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly