Obsidian Avowed new combat and gameplay Shown. Release Fall 2024. |UP| 2/5/24 Dropped Frames Interview.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
It really does look like a VR game
😂😂😂 someone said it looks like a non VR VR game 🤣🤣 it's so accurate. Those combat animations are terrible, character models as well. Only the environment is redeemable, but even that doesn't look special. I hope it's a good game thought because I like RPGs

Reactions: The Icon

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Outer Worlds was liked by players and critics. Check the stats.
So? Go check Starfield critic reviews, or check the sales for Fifa or COD every year. Outer Wilds was an objectively terrible game. Visually ugly, terrible narrative, bad animations, quest design, ham-fisted worldbuilding, boring combat, I could go on and on.

• fire
Reactions: The Icon

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
So? Go check Starfield critic reviews, or check the sales for Fifa or COD every year. Outer Wilds was an objectively terrible game. Visually ugly, terrible narrative, bad animations, quest design, ham-fisted worldbuilding, boring combat, I could go on and on.
im saying most people who played the outer worlds liked it. Critics and gamers. So your opinion on it is a unpopular opinion.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
I must be crazy

It obviously looks nowhere near the reveal trailer but it looks better than Shitfield and will obviously be a way better RPG

Graphically it's about on par with BG3 and Elden Ring

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
im saying most people who played the outer worlds liked it. Critics and gamers. So your opinion on it is a unpopular opinion.
I don't mind that since most people have terrible taste.
This. I didn't like the showing either, but betting against Obsidian is not a smart decision.
Why? Obsidian as a studio has some decent talent but all their games have been severely flawed. PoE 1 and 2 were far better games in every aspect (design, world, writing, gameplay systems, visuals) and they sold fairly poorly. The Outer Worlds had a massive marketing push and lots of attention being an RPG follow up from the studio that made FNV but OW is 1/10th the game FNV is.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Hoping that story and world save it cause this looks like the OuterWorlds Great Value meets Elder Scrolls Great Value.
Yeah it didn't bite for me. Looked bland and uninspiring. We shall see. Good combat can save it.

Reactions: EDMIX

balrogboy

Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Same, looks super cheap for something that was in development for so many years
Its obsidian, they never made anything as grand as the BGS games, what they do make is better RPGS. New Vegas is better than Fallout 3 despite fallout 3 having a Better open world.
I Liked Outer worlds but it wasnt as strong in the story department, it was just "big corpo is bad, be good and fight them or be bad and join them".