OT Drama | Other Gaming Forums (GAF, ResetERA, D-Pad, Twitter, etc..)

• Thread starter Deleted member 13
  • Start date

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
I think the main thing is for most people you feel like an alt especially on d-pad because we can't imagine anyone just stumbling upon d-pad that doesn't have previous history on another forum. In fact I'm pretty sure you are the only person who ever posted there who doesn't have another forum he posted on prior. Narrowing it down to arc from there it's probably just based on stuff like you liking Nintendo. I also understand they were some IP address shenanigans but I don't know the full extent of those for sure.

Idk the community was advertising the site around the time I hopped on it. I also think If they believe someone spoofing a ip address, (I can Assure you I’m not the only person on the forum using some sort of ip address disguise on a forum and I believe the majority of these people are anonymous and I only did this on my phone to begin with), arc posting a mvg video on her discord (I posted the same video on dpad), claiming our ips matched (Debunked), and liking Nintendo is enough to Initiate a ban then I don’t know what else to say. It makes me ask more questions about then like why they give “arc“ full access to your private boards for over a year? Why was action not taken sooner? Why ban someone for being an alt when theres no rule against someone making alts to begin with? Why is the community this paranoid of arc? Why do I feel like the only thing thatll work is voice chat? I don’t get it.

btw another thing I’m Going to say. Id expect the mod team to at least make an actual initiative to make sure they got the correct person. I’m not going to make the initiative. You need to it’s your forum not mine.

Last edited:

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
The funniest part of the tweet is the 13 million unsold consoles. Even if it were true it would still be comfortably ahead of the Series X/S. Yeah, they might want to rethink their numbers when spreading FUD 😂
13 million unsold consoles in a warehouse but they are still holding their price, unlike xbox which is 100 bucks off atm on Amazon.

sounds to me like they have got xbox and PlayStation mixed up.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
13 million unsold consoles in a warehouse but they are still holding there price unlike xbox which is 100 bucks off atm on Amazon.

sounds to me that they have got xbox and PlayStation mixed up
Like I said, they’re always accusing PlayStation of doing the things Xbox has been documented as doing.

It’s fucking weird.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
So what we know now is:
  • Xbox may stop console production due to lack of financial success
  • Microsoft hid from public that Xbox sales were unsuccessful
  • Several million unsold devices in warehouses
  • Doubts among future development plans
  • 75 billion in debt
Can we add IGN's little gem to that list too, I know its another topic but it feels like it belongs on it too.

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
So what we know now is:
  • Xbox may stop console production due to lack of financial success
  • Microsoft hid from public that Xbox sales were unsuccessful
  • Several million unsold devices in warehouses
  • Doubts among future development plans
  • 75 billion in debt

Iirc they never really hide how poorly the Xbox sold. It never did very well to begin with. The best selling one was the 360 which had its own red ring of issues. At this point I don’t even know why their continuing production.

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
They literally hide all of Xbox's numbers behind other bigger divisions.

I mean they can afford to make the product and take losses on it other companies can’t because they got an infinite load of cash from software licenses and a whole host of other things. It’s a company that should’ve been broken up but it’s too valuable at this point. I don’t think any of their products will be going anywhere in the foreseeable future.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
@Satoru

I meant I hate them as much as you, but calling it 75 B in debt, really? Those are fungible assets, they could lose money on spinning them but it is not debt.

They make 60B in profit per year, they spend ways less R&D(which would not be accounted for operating costs) than Apple and Google.
We know this because their Office and Windows products are bloated garbages. So they will make that back in 3-4 years from Office, Azure and Windows money. Maybe AI too.

Their gaming division are going under compared to Nintendo or Sony. Sure. And I don't how investor are happy with the Rent Pass strated that burning them money. Hell, they may extingiush the "flame" altogether by 2027 as we knows from the leaks.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I meant I hate them as much as you, but calling it 75 B in debt, really? Those are fungible assets, they could lose money on spinning them but it is not debt.
I'm pretty sure you understood what I meant. And I'll add to this: Xbox has pretty much never been profitable, if it were an independent company it would have already died.

They make 60B in profit per year, they spend ways less R&D(which would not be accounted for operating costs) than Apple and Google.
We know this because their Office and Windows products are bloated garbages. So they will make that back in 3-4 years from Office, Azure and Windows money. Maybe AI too.
Microsoft makes that, not Xbox, who this is all about. Xbox's finances need to be concealed since they are subpar considering the investment made and the maturity of the brand.

Their gaming division are going under compared to Nintendo or Sony. Sure. And I don't how investor are happy with the Rent Pass strated that burning them money. Hell, they may extingiush the "flame" altogether by 2027 as we knows from the leaks.
Thank you for reaching that conclusion.

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
And that my friends are Xbots in a nutshell
spanish-laughing-hysterically.gif

Screenshot-20231201-201802-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20231201-201959-Chrome.jpg