OT | God of War Ragnarök - Includes spoilers!

P

peter42O

22 hours in. Complaints are still the same. The companions constantly telling me how to solve puzzles and whatnot is so very fucking annoying.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
To turn them off completely during puzzles? If so, where's the option? Thanks.
You can't turn off completely but the setting im gameplay is called "puzzle timing" and extends how long before the characters provide a hint

P

peter42O

You can't turn off completely but the setting im gameplay is called "puzzle timing" and extends how long before the characters provide a hint

Is that where it says "extended" and "extended+"? Because I have this on extended but I thought it was for how long the puzzle is active before it resets like when you have to ring the bells to open up the chest. Will check this out tomorrow.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I am about 4 hours into the game, love almost every aspect of it.

There is one thing however that I wish was not used, which is some of the swearing-in conversations that are used to describe someone, mainly the words centered around "Fuck, fucker etx"

I personally feel this game does not need that kind of dialogue.

I don't think that is a spoiler, more of a personal observation/preference to me.

• haha
Reactions: Nym

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
None of the complaints there apply to me, at least not yet anyway. I'm only 12 hours in or so and my only major complaint is in regards to the combat/camera. You have to face an enemy in order to attack them so if an enemy is behind me, I have to turn both analog sticks in order to get the character and the camera facing the enemy behind me in order to attack them where as in a game like AC Origins/Odyssey, if an enemy is behind me, I can simply move down using the left analog stick and attack that enemy.

Remains to be seen how the rest of the game plays out for me but I have a long ways to go yet.
There is a button combination to quickly turn 180º, not sure which was the default one because I swapped some buttons.

There also different options to configure the camera. Also, try to avoid being surrounded by enemies by moving yourself to places with nobody behind you, and if possible with a wall or obstacle more or less behind you.

Reactions: peter42O

Gh0stnTheBashShell

30 Jun 2022
I am about 4 hours into the game, love almost every aspect of it.

There is one thing however that I wish was not used, which is some of the swearing-in conversations that are used to describe someone, mainly the words centered around "Fuck, fucker etx"

I personally feel this game does not need that kind of dialogue.

I don't think that is a spoiler, more of a personal observation/preference to me.
I thought I was the only one.

The dialog Is definitely a step down yet the actual story is much better, an odd mix but it's there. For instance here's two videos that show that. Listen to the dialog between Thor's sons and Thor himself, it's kinda corny.

Thor is saying stuff like "dumbass" is just so out of place.

His son's say things like their just lambs for the slaughter fits the environment so much better. Anyway, best game I've played all year and if you tell me the PS5 version doesn't look better I'll officially say you don't know SHIEET

• brain
Reactions: Sircaw

Theap99

Banned
21 Jun 2022
Finished it Friday night.

Really powerful game by the end of it, but some parts do drag and feel dated due to ps4 limitations. the combat was great and enemy variety was improved, side content is solid from what I've played, and the ending was touching.

8.5/10 from me.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Just finished it. Absolutely loved the game but the pacing and execution could have been better. It is a far better game than GOW 2018 though.

Biggest gripe being the length of the actual finale or Ragnarok war.

Which matters in a game called GOW Ragnarok.

Most of the game literally is Pre Ragnarok.

The middle of the game got a little slow and boring.

Especially the Ironwood part and the Mask searching parts.

Last edited:

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
One thing about the game is that it shows how it is limited by PS4. Too much squeeze between the rocks sections and as @Muddasar already said, they dragged some boring sections in the middle and then rushed Ragnarok.

• fire
Reactions: Muddasar

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
One thing about the game is that it shows how it is limited by PS4. Too much squeeze between the rocks sections and as @Muddasar already said, they dragged some boring sections in the middle and then rushed Ragnarok.
Make 1 game instead of 2 is such a waste. We can't even talk about Ragnarok, because practically there weren't one.
The same as collector's edition hammer, it is basically has nothing to do with the game. I better got an Axe of Kratos.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Make 1 game instead of 2 is such a waste. We can't even talk about Ragnarok, because practically there weren't one.
The same as collector's edition hammer, it is basically has nothing to do with the game. I better got an Axe of Kratos.
One game is enough if they managed the story pacing better. The game didn't meet its full potential.
I still loved the game and think SSM is SIE's best studio. Cannot wait for their next gem.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
One game is enough if they managed the story pacing better. The game didn't meet its full potential.
I still loved the game and think SSM is SIE's best studio. Cannot wait for their next gem.

Agree one game was enough.

The pacing and execution wasn’t right.

There was no need for some of the middle sections like Ironwood and the Mask piece collecting. Boring and not needed.

Instead the Ragnarok War/Finale should have been fattened up.

The finale felt rushed like you said and considering it was a game about Ragnarok cannot be forgiven.

Still a great game but most I would give it is a 9.

Uncharted 2 and TLOU1 are still the best games ever made by Sony so Naughty Dog is still Number 1 for me.

Sony Santa Monica are number 2 with Insomniac breathing down their necks at number 3.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Just finished it. Absolutely loved the game but the pacing and execution could have been better. It is a far better game than GOW 2018 though.

Biggest gripe being the length of the actual finale or Ragnarok war.

Which matters in a game called GOW Ragnarok.

Most of the game literally is Pre Ragnarok.

The middle of the game got a little slow and boring.

Especially the Ironwood part and the Mask searching parts.
It’s all the Atreus parts, which I think were the weakest areas. It’s a classic mistake made in so many games.