Palworld | OT + Review Thread | Pokémon Gun. Palworld has sold over 1mil 8 hours after release.

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
Well it's all but confirmed that it's coming to Playstation. Shuhei Yoshida has been responding on his Twitter to people posting about it so they're definitely looking into it. Looks like the box had its run unless they lock it down.

Last edited:

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Well it's all but confirmed that it's coming to Playstation. Shuhei Yoshida has been responding on his Twitter to people posting about it so they're definitely looking into it. Looks like the box had its run unless they lock it down.
Chances of a lawsuit are considerably lower then. Sony isn't going to rush this forward if the claims against the game are substantial since it opens them up.

Reactions: reziel

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Chances of a lawsuit are considerably lower then. Sony isn't going to rush this forward if the claims against the game are substantial since it opens them up.
Well, data miners have found text from Pokèmon games in the PC build’s files, so expect a lawsuit, no matter who wants the game on what platform.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Well, data miners have found text from Pokèmon games in the PC build’s files, so expect a lawsuit, no matter who wants the game on what platform.
I'll believe in such a lawsuit when I see it. Nintendo is able to action a lawsuit against a mod in a few hours but despite it being presumably obvious to everyone that assets and lines of Pokemon material are in the game - crickets.

Reactions: Lord Mittens

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
Is this the source for the Pokemon line? A Chinese translation error calling Pals Pokemon? Some people are claiming it is a fake screenshot.

Last edited:

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
I think a lot of the plagiarism people will be eating their hat soon enough. These models are not "almost 1:1" as has been argued. Reading the Era comments on this are really funny. ResetEra Admin beginning the cope "I also want to remind people: You can commit plagiarism without actually being civilly or criminally liable for it. If Nintendo decides not to sue, or even if they try it and lose for whatever reason in Japanese court, that would not refute any of the basic observations made thus far."

Goal post successfully moved. Even if no lawsuit happens, even if nobody is liable, it is still plagiarism because from their perspective it is.

Last edited:

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
One final point on the insanity of people trying to crucify this game. An Era admin is arguing that because the devs didn't participate in a developer hashtag on Twitter, it's indicative that they're shady. If this is the type of metric people are reducing their arguments too, I will defend the game to death. It's completely bad faith to act in this manner and perfect evidence of the insanity some have regressed to in response to the game.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I wonder how much this game is benefitting from Streisand effect due to salty pokemon fans lmao

balrogboy

Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I think a lot of the plagiarism people will be eating their hat soon enough. These models are not "almost 1:1" as has been argued. Reading the Era comments on this are really funny. ResetEra Admin beginning the cope "I also want to remind people: You can commit plagiarism without actually being civilly or criminally liable for it. If Nintendo decides not to sue, or even if they try it and lose for whatever reason in Japanese court, that would not refute any of the basic observations made thus far."

Goal post successfully moved. Even if no lawsuit happens, even if nobody is liable, it is still plagiarism because from their perspective it is.

to be fair there are only so many ways you can draw a canine

balrogboy

Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
i really dont understand, this is clearly a low effort cashgrab.
if THIS can sell like hotcakes, HOW THE FUCK IS MS FDUCKING IT UP SO BAD?

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
The Twitter user who was the source of the model theft admits:
"I feel a little regretful for using "exactly" so flippantly here. I was trying to be silly but I think it gave an incorrect impression. I want to emphasize that while some elements are similar these meshes are not literally "exact" copies of each other....I did scale the models (uniformly)".
So another claim right in the garbage bin from someone completely dishonest, much like the Pokemon quote in game. Everyone took this "silly" claim as fact because a) the user was promoting it as fact, and b) it validated the preconception (from the visual infringement argument) that they had copied Pokemon.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.

NEWS FLASH: You don't need a 1:1 direct copy to be infringing on another's IP.

Reactions: Nomen_Nescio

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
NEWS FLASH: You don't need a 1:1 direct copy to be infringing on another's IP.
And the evidence for this claim is.....? Can't be the person claiming the models were stolen - confirmed fake. Can't be the inclusion of the word Pokemon in the game - confirmed fake. Back to square one of "the wolf pal looks like the wolf pokemon!". We await Nintendo suing over their ownership of the Wolf IP.