PC Port of Spiderman 2 being developed by community and it's far along. The damage of leaks! Build complete.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
What happened to the full Wolverine game? Turned out to be bullshit.

Same here. Honestly don’t know why we are giving these guys publicity.

Got PS5 assets and chucked them in. So simple yeah right.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
This is awful news for Insomniac but I don't know how they can stop it.

Sony could stay up all night shutting down all the torrents and more will pop up 😢
They can’t, once it’s out then it’s out there forever.

What happened to the full Wolverine game? Turned out to be bullshit.

Same here. Honestly don’t know why we are giving these guys publicity.

Got PS5 assets and chucked them in. So simple yeah right.
Wolverine was smaller because the game is still years away. But there’s still a fully playable build of a few hours of content, even if it’s not the full game, that is still unacceptable!

Can PlayStation learn a lesson from this?

Cancel all pc ports. Pc is the enemy.
If they don’t learn and course correct now then they never will.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Puff and Bryank75

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Can’t the FBI start knocking on doors now? I guess that will open the floodgates for a hacker army to pwn every other Sony Studio. Better to leave it at that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Puff

SuperDuper

Chief Troll Officer
Founder
16 Jun 2022
Sadly, this was unavoidable. Once you are breached, the genie is out of the bottle and won't go back in. Paying the hackers would not have been a solution. This will cost Sony quite a lot, but hackers now know that Sony is not a good target: there is no real money to be made.

Ironically, now Microsoft will finally have a copy and paste template for how to build a good game, with seamless loading.

Reactions: Bryank75

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024
Sadly, this was unavoidable. Once you are breached, the genie is out of the bottle and won't go back in. Paying the hackers would not have been a solution. This will cost Sony quite a lot, but hackers now know that Sony is not a good target: there is no real money to be made.

Ironically, now Microsoft will finally have a copy and paste template for how to build a good game, with seamless loading.
You do know Spiderman 2 is on an in house engine, right? If the code from this game appears in any game not by sony, sony and insomniac are suing them and winning.

Kx11

Banned
7 Jan 2024
Katar
flickr.com
Although the game is not worth it (the 1st one was enough) it's sad to see people's life work thrown away for free like that, people will lose their jobs when this game doesn't sell on PC

on the other hand when they catch those pirates and throw them in jail for 20yrs ...... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

D

Deleted member 223

Gotta admit, even I myself is sort of surprised at how horrible this PC rollout of theirs has gone. From missing sales targets, to devaluing your IP and hardware differentiation, to bad ports damaging brand perception (of quality), to rampant piracy, hacks, working game leaks, more studio overhead etc, etc, etc...

I mean I could have imagined some of these things but not to the way it has played out. Simply a total disaster. Instead of infinite success parameters, huge sales hits, a welcoming carpet by the PC community etc... it has been everything to the opposite - a thorough thrashing. From the King of consoles to the Top bum on PC. The comedy doesn't end there....you even have Sony claiming that somehow they're Top 15 PC publisher with a measly 250m revenue, partly bought at that - heart-attack inducing.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Talk about participation trophy.

4x-obama-awards-obama-a-medal-v0-x2lqre2376ca1.jpg

I guess if karma is a thing, you can say this is the best karma a loyal PS fan could get for this whole PC push and "strategy"... if it can be even be called a strategy - more like a flawed conceptual thought of evergreen $$$$ shrubbery.

When your PC "strategy" is so stupidly shortsighted and brain dead that basically translates to "port to Steam".... you're asking for trouble and pain!

Do remember that these fucks in charge are supposed to be "business pros". So when these "business pros" fail so badly and make so many obvious mistakes, apparent even to your average "lowly" fan on the IQ hierarchy, that should tell you a lot about their "business chops" (lack there of). I get giggles just imagining their PC strategy presentation, basically just one slide that said: "Port to Steam", "Go where the audience is" - and you know damn well for a fact it boils down to that, with that sort of language that permeates the halls of corporate bs - a language of its own, a veil to compensate for the lack of ideas, initiatives and brains.

YET you have corporate bootlickers here, who feel so lowly of themselves, of their own brain and IQ, as to idolize these business "pros" on the daily. Not only do they idolize their management but bat for them hard as if they were family members despite the fact that none of that brand defense does anything personally for them as fans and investors in PlayStation hardware. Can't fix sheep or the fanboyism disease.

Just gotta laugh at all of it. And if you're petty, rub it in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JAHGamer and Puff

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
If more indication was needed that Sony doesn't give a fuck about their gaming division, I hope this seals it.

However, on the discourse around PC, I always chuckle at seeing the same dumbass comments that compare piracy with mods.

SuperDuper

Chief Troll Officer
Founder
16 Jun 2022
You do know Spiderman 2 is on an in house engine, right? If the code from this game appears in any game not by sony, sony and insomniac are suing them and winning.
By template I don't mean "copy the engine and compile it".

In gaming there are problems to be solved, and some of those have solutions in the Insomniac engine. By studing the engine you will gain knowledge that you can't copy but mimic. This has been true for anything, software development included.

Remember: you can patent a method and copyright a code, but not an idea.

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024
By template I don't mean "copy the engine and compile it".

In gaming there are problems to be solved, and some of those have solutions in the Insomniac engine. By studing the engine you will gain knowledge that you can't copy but mimic. This has been true for anything, software development included.

Remember: you can patent a method and copyright a code, but not an idea.
This isn't opensource. None of the files are legally public. Anyone looking at this code and getting ideas without any approval from sony can be sued for plagiarism.
You will only see this code from russian devs. No one with any respect, even ms devs will look at this.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Marvels-Spider-Man-2-feature-1038x576.jpg

And the moment has finally come. The team behind the unofficial PC port of Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 has released its first version. This version weighs in at 256GB and contains the full game. Yes, you read that right. The full game is now playable on PC via this unofficial port. That’s unheard of.

For those wondering, this PC port is based on the PC dev build of Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 that leaked a while ago. Modders/Hackers took that build, exported the assets of the game from the PS5 version, added a few more tweaks, and then re-compiled it.

Source

There was already a thread about PC Spiderman and it's development.. Update threads that are already made with relevant information. Thanks.

Reactions: John Elden Ring

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
Yeah everyday there are updates. I stopped checking them out. Original guy getting doxxed and quit the other say and someone else took over, servers scrubbed, discords deleted etc. It what we expected.
Anyone who thinks they can provide the community with a free game stolen from a server without consequences is delusional. I look forward to seeing how this story ends.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/grand-theft-auto-6-leaker-sentencing/
This was only for leaking video footage. Imagine the charge for distributing stolen data.