Phil Spencer: "....getting Nintendo would be a career moment and I honestly believe a good move for both companies."

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
Guy was banned for saying the truth:

Post in thread 'Phil Spencer in 2020: "getting [acquiring] Nintendo would be a career moment"; Nintendo's future "exists off of their own hardware"'
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ph...f-of-their-own-hardware.765935/post-112329431
Ok, I gotta ask:
xVIV47n.png

On what planet was that the message Spencer was giving? He literally says he's playing the long game with Nintendo, that they're having people buy shares in hopes of leveraging them, and lamenting it's taking so long for them to "realize" they need to be owned by Xbox. That doesn't scream "lol I guess we can't own them, whoops".

How does one get reading comprehension that poor?

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Whats weird to me it sony adjacent people concerned about Phil's emails, not all of the nintendo fanboys there. Make of that what you will.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Whats weird to me it sony adjacent people concerned about Phil's emails, not all of the nintendo fanboys there. Make of that what you will.
It depends on where you look. The people on r/nintendo aren't fond at all of the idea of Microsoft scooping up everything they can. There's also Nintendo dudes on twitter who didn't care until it came out that their favorite platform was also in the crosshairs.

Last edited:

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Ok, I gotta ask:
xVIV47n.png

On what planet was that the message Spencer was giving? He literally says he's playing the long game with Nintendo, that they're having people buy shares in hopes of leveraging them, and lamenting it's taking so long for them to "realize" they need to be owned by Xbox. That doesn't scream "lol I guess we can't own them, whoops".

I'm willing to bet the attitude on there would be a lot different if it was a Sony exec making a proposal like that. Era is so much worse than the "SonyGaf" people used to complain about ever was.

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
A lot of them are simply operating under the idea Microsoft could never buy them and would never be allowed to.

Others have sung that tune initially but changed their minds pretty quick once they learned about the share grabbing.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Perhaps in a more logical environment perhaps one could argue that they are indeed paid shills but it is to my belief that sometimes someone can think their outrageous facts to be indeed true.
Nah, Tru1ya is certainly an MS exec in my mind.

Reactions: Swift_Star

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Well I like both Sony and Nintendo and I find all of it "concerning." I don't think we have many Nintendo only folks on this board. The covert share buying stuff is nuts and hopefully this leak puts some kind of stop to that, though I'm not sure how that would be enforced.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
Are you allowed to have a 3rd party accrue shares and then probably sell to MS later, allowing MS to probably try to hostile takeover Nintendo by shares? That guy sounds like another Stephan Elop

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I have the feeling this leak is going to result in major regulatory intervention in any MS acquisition attempts going forward.

Microsoft has shown conclusively that not being broken up in the aftermath of the 2000 antitrust action was a massive error on the part of the FTC. Now they have all the ammo to correct that mistake.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
This is a pretty good rebuttal to the ones claiming that there's "nothing to see here" with these leaked emails.

I reread it again and there's still nothing to see. They will try to buy Nintendo and Valve if the opportunities arise. And? Neither wants to sell, both would be blocked by anti-trust regulators as they are direct competitors and neither is in any immediate danger of leaving that direct competition.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I reread it again and there's still nothing to see. They will try to buy Nintendo and Valve if the opportunities arise. And? Neither wants to sell, both would be blocked by anti-trust regulators as they are direct competitors and neither is in any immediate danger of leaving that direct competition.
You continue to be absolutely full of crap and lacking in reasoning prowess.

Good job!

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
You don't find their openness to the hostile takeover angle at least a little bit concerning? Even if not Nintendo or Valve, what about other publishers? Noone should want Microsoft to be able to just gobble up publisher after publisher unchallenged unless they're one of those fanboys that just want to see Sony "punished" and Xbox in its "rightful place" or whatever.

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Perhaps in a more logical environment perhaps one could argue that they are indeed paid shills but it is to my belief that sometimes someone can think their outrageous facts to be indeed true.
Nah they're 100% paid, maybe not everyone but the narrative spins up from astroturfers then all the echo chamber babies repeat it ad nauseum until it becomes conventional wisdom, except it's divorced from reality.

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Resetera is full on defense mode, it’s clear MS is paying the bots to defend them.
You say that like it’s easy to even get an account there. It’s really not so how do you deploy bots or shills on a closed forum?

Twitter (X) I’ll give you. It’s very transparent there.

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
Nah they're 100% paid, maybe not everyone but the narrative spins up from astroturfers then all the echo chamber babies repeat it ad nauseum until it becomes conventional wisdom, except it's divorced from reality.

I've seen so many ridiculous takes from this place to the point where I fully believe they are idiotic enough to promote this.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Ok, I gotta ask:
xVIV47n.png

He’s gaslighting people ITT. But most are ignoring him because they know he’s full of shit.