Phil Spencer: "....getting Nintendo would be a career moment and I honestly believe a good move for both companies."

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
You say that like it’s easy to even get an account there. It’s really not so how do you deploy bots or shills on a closed forum?

Twitter (X) I’ll give you. It’s very transparent there.
Mods there manually approve new accounts, so all it takes is one mod being open to being paid off to approve a few accounts.

• Surprised
Reactions: BroodCorp

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I reread it again and there's still nothing to see. They will try to buy Nintendo and Valve if the opportunities arise. And? Neither wants to sell, both would be blocked by anti-trust regulators as they are direct competitors and neither is in any immediate danger of leaving that direct competition.
are you being purposely naive? He’s clearly stating they’re investing in a long term strategy to make a future hostile takeover.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
You say that like it’s easy to even get an account there. It’s really not so how do you deploy bots or shills on a closed forum?

Twitter (X) I’ll give you. It’s very transparent there.
But it is. Anyone with a paid email can have an account there. I had one with my college email. I could have one with my company email.
Ms employees can have with MS emails.

• brain
Reactions: BroodCorp

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I reread it again and there's still nothing to see. They will try to buy Nintendo and Valve if the opportunities arise. And? Neither wants to sell, both would be blocked by anti-trust regulators as they are direct competitors and neither is in any immediate danger of leaving that direct competition.
Are you reading the emails? Phil is openly speculating about hostile takeovers, and the only reason he thinks its not a good idea is because of "how it looks." Then he says all might not be lost because they are buddy-buddy with a firm that is buying up shares and will put pressure on them to essentially sell.

On top of that Phil is openly saying Nintendo doesn't even know what's good for them. But he does. This is not that different from a stalker dude jealous that the girl he likes isn't into him and is actually with someone much better. But he just tells himself, "One day she will come around." It's borderline psycho in terms of the thinking and delusion. The fact you can't see this when Phil Spencer plainly wrote it out is kinda wild to me. Either that or you're so in the tank for a corporation you're willing to hand wave away the irrefutable evidence. Which is it?

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
I mean this kind of media influencing operation is 100% something that MS engages in.

check it out

View attachment 2334

I believe all of that. Makes sense I've heard it before and I might have seen a rather vocal one elsewhere but I'm pretty sure ree is either a government psyop or is legitimately that crazy. I don't think ree gets paid to shill for microsoft their brains are just microscopic.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Are you reading the emails? Phil is openly speculating about hostile takeovers, and the only reason he thinks its not a good idea is because of "how it looks." Then he says all might not be lost because they are buddy-buddy with a firm that is buying up shares and will put pressure on them to essentially sell.

On top of that Phil is openly saying Nintendo doesn't even know what's good for them. But he does. This is not that different from a stalker dude jealous that the girl he likes isn't into him and is actually with someone much better. But he just tells himself, "One day she will come around." It's borderline psycho in terms of the thinking and delusion. The fact you can't see this when Phil Spencer plainly wrote it out is kinda wild to me. Either that or you're so in the tank for a corporation you're willing to hand wave away the irrefutable evidence. Which is it?
I don’t think he can’t see it, he’s just a particularly assholish troll, and always has been on here.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
But it is. Anyone with a paid email can have an account there. I had one with my college email. I could have one with my company email.
Ms employees can have with MS emails.
I think it's more mods with a very clear bias cultivating an echo chamber that punishes anyone who steps out of line.
Social media, where anyone can make an account though? Definitely there. But with Era, it's just not worth the trouble and hassle and also would be pretty easy to trace.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I think it's more mods with a very clear bias cultivating an echo chamber that punishes anyone who steps out of line.
Social media, where anyone can make an account though? Definitely there. But with Era, it's just not worth the trouble and hassle and also would be pretty easy to trace.
If you don’t think at least SOME of those moderators have been financially influenced toward that bias, you’re not familiar with how Microsoft’s guerrilla marketing has historically operated.

Reactions: Cool hand luke

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
If you don’t think at least SOME of those moderators have been financially influenced toward that bias, you’re not familiar with how Microsoft’s guerrilla marketing has historically operated.
Oh, I think SOME are influenced in some way, I just don't think it's a widespread bot campaign.

You'd be shocked at the level of brainrot you can find in an echo chamber.

Reactions: Cool hand luke

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Oh, I think SOME are influenced in some way, I just don't think it's a widespread bot campaign.

You'd be shocked at the level of brainrot you can find in an echo chamber.
You don't need a large number of bots. As long as there are 3-4 prominent ones and a couple of randos spouting the same thing an idea can gain credibility and mindshare. That's how it works.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
One of the problems here is people refusing to admit they might have been wrong, but all of us are wrong at some point. You can admit you backed the wrong horse. If you manage a team, at some point you're going to hire the wrong person. And then you have to fix it. It is impossible to be right 100% of the time. I've hired people who I thought were going to be superstars and time showed I was wrong.

When the Series S was announced, I actually thought it was a good idea, and would enable people to get into next gen who needed/wanted to be frugal but didn't really care about having the best graphics. Now part of that is that I didn't realize how MS screwed that up with the architecture, but I was wrong on that.

It's ok to change your mind in light of new evidence. In fact, not doing so is kind of the sign you're a moron. So if you're doing backflips to defend this garbage, I would take a good close look in the mirror.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
One of the problems here is people refusing to admit they might have been wrong, but all of us are wrong at some point. You can admit you backed the wrong horse. If you manage a team, at some point you're going to hire the wrong person. And then you have to fix it. It is impossible to be right 100% of the time. I've hired people who I thought were going to be superstars and time showed I was wrong.

When the Series S was announced, I actually thought it was a good idea, and would enable people to get into next gen who needed/wanted to be frugal but didn't really care about having the best graphics. Now part of that is that I didn't realize how MS screwed that up with the architecture, but I was wrong on that.

It's ok to change your mind in light of new evidence. In fact, not doing so is kind of the sign you're a moron. So if you're doing backflips to defend this garbage, I would take a good close look in the mirror.
I suspect the relevant evidence in this case is that the checks are still clearing every month

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
You don't find their openness to the hostile takeover angle at least a little bit concerning? Even if not Nintendo or Valve, what about other publishers? Noone should want Microsoft to be able to just gobble up publisher after publisher unchallenged unless they're one of those fanboys that just want to see Sony "punished" and Xbox in its "rightful place" or whatever.
To be frank, I don't care, their entire model relies on streaming being a revenue generator and the past three years in both games and films/tv shows that it isn't. They will either make their assets work (in which case, business is business, all is fair) or they won't and close or sell them. Consumer interest in games remains at an all time high and new companies will arise to replace those who have fucked off, just as has happened in boomer shooters, rpgs (both c and j), platformers and any other genre the big boys choose not to focus on.

If Phil believes that streaming is the future then he probably thinks that Nintendo is heading for big trouble because they have shown zero interest in it and have historically had poor and behind the times online services. If streaming is the future and end point devices don't matter then Nintendo loses and MS wins. If the opposite is true then Nintendo wins and Microsoft loses.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
To be frank, I don't care, their entire model relies on streaming being a revenue generator and the past three years in both games and films/tv shows that it isn't. They will either make their assets work (in which case, business is business, all is fair) or they won't and close or sell them. Consumer interest in games remains at an all time high and new companies will arise to replace those who have fucked off, just as has happened in boomer shooters, rpgs (both c and j), platformers and any other genre the big boys choose not to focus on.
That mindset is terrible for this hobby and for anyone that enjoys gaming imo.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Well... I do kinda like some XB things...

1. Wii360 was cheaper than a PS3 back in the day, not that uk sku got full hardware BC in the end. Pretty much negated by RROD and me not liking motion controls.

2. BC service/Glow UP approach. Not just when old games get added to the BC service, but games used to get extra enhancements for X1, like FPS patches and stuff. By comparison Sony shut down PS3 MP servers and then does remasters at full price, and leave the MP modes out ffs.

3. The downloadability of all games on GP. If that is still correct.
1 - the 360 was only cheaper when comparing the discless version to the most expensive ps3 and you forgot that the WiFi adapter was not included... 20gb to 20gb + wifi adapter came down to 499 each. But yes, they offered a discless version for a cheaper entry, it was also compromised and became more expensive if you brought it up to what you really needed.

2 - their way to handle old games is better in many ways, but they don't keep mp servers up and running forever either, their bc requires your to be online to use a disc based game... so it will vanish at some point in the future, even if you have a console and media that supports it and they both work.

3 - shouldn't all games on a service like be "downloadable"?

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
1 - the 360 was only cheaper when comparing the discless version to the most expensive ps3 and you forgot that the WiFi adapter was not included... 20gb to 20gb + wifi adapter came down to 499 each. But yes, they offered a discless version for a cheaper entry, it was also compromised and became more expensive if you brought it up to what you really needed.

2 - their way to handle old games is better in many ways, but they don't keep mp servers up and running forever either, their bc requires your to be online to use a disc based game... so it will vanish at some point in the future, even if you have a console and media that supports it and they both work.

3 - shouldn't all games on a service like be "downloadable"?
You mean HDless version, all 360s had disc drives for most of its life.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I reread it again and there's still nothing to see. They will try to buy Nintendo and Valve if the opportunities arise. And? Neither wants to sell
Nokia and Blizzard also didn't want to sell when Elop and Mike Ybarra joined Nokia and Blizzard but then everything changed very quickly and they both sold to Microsoft.

Nobody could have predicted any of it. The yen is tanking, a few scandals, Gabe gets sick and here comes MS to the rescue.

Zenimax sold to MS when the owner was in his deathbed.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I just wanted to point out (and someone else likely already said this) I find it kinda remarkable that Phil thinks buying Nintendo would be a "career moment" but not fostering the release of great games that could be lifetime memories for people who play them. But writing a check with daddy's money would make him proud.

Guy is a total loser.