PlayStation 5 has had the Biggest Q1 for ANY console in HISTORY shipping 6.3 Million Units! 38.5 Million shipped worldwide

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
GameStop only buying 4 copies of the game for Xbox. So not even retailers care about Xbox.

Gamepass has killed software for Xbox. It’s pretty much as bad of a situation as the N64 was for third party support.

Microsft always wanted to kill Gamestop and all physical options anyway...

They're closing down here soon, which is terrible. One big retailer left for physical still though.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

ARCANE

21 Jun 2022
The only reason Microsoft's hardware sales are down 30% is due to them consoles not being available. As we all know, bundles don't count, so that's that. They have actually sold 24M consoles. Don't believe me? Here, look at my math and all the reputation I've built based on intuition:

Figure It Out What GIF by CBC

Did you see it? Microsoft has actually sold 26M Xbox consoles, just look at their quarterly revenue! We all know 3x9=27, and if we divide that by PI and apply the Fibonacci sequence to their 2012 earnings, we'll all reach the logical conclusion of 28M consoles sold.

Calculating Zach Galifianakis GIF by filmeditor

Additionally, if we extrapolate the quantum polarity of their earnings in 2016 and find the values in the plank scale, you'll see that Microsoft has actually sold 30M consoles!

Explaining Fran Healy GIF by Travis

@Welfare can't wait to see you debunk my math skills
You forgot to carry the 1

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Media: Steam Deck sold 2 million in 1.5 years.... what an amazing machine, what an incredible success story!

Media: PSVR2 only sold 700K in the launch window, what a terrible failure...is Sony about to fail again?

Pack of clowns....
Only people biased to Steam believe 1 million in over a year is good.
It is ridiculous bad… failure way worst than Xbox, GameCube, Vita or Wii U.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Very funny that the two things that resetera ran with from this record breaking quarter is that fake news Bloomberg article and this made up conclusion from this random

Mind you games have been $70 for about 3 years now. Software is only down because their was less releases during this period. That simple.

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Very funny that the two things that resetera ran with from this record breaking quarter is that fake news Bloomberg article and this made up conclusion from this random

Mind you games have been $70 for about 3 years now. Software is only down because their was less releases during this period. That simple.

I'm sorry to disagree in this particular case, I think 70 dollars isnt too bad but 80 euro and 90+ canadian dollars can impact peoples buying decisions and pattern of buying.... I guess the statistics from both companies are saying something similar and I would guess they are considering the amount of releases.

I think 60 dollars / euro was the perfect price point and they could have sustained it around 50-60 longer for premium releases and if they made the deluxe editions truly worthwhile, those who could afford to pay higher, would do that.

Of course some games, I will pay whatever they ask.... like most PS Studios games, because those are special games. But for a 3rd party or some game I am not sure about... I don't think it's worth the punt anymore.

I also think Sony releasing games on Steam at a potentially lower price hurts the PSN stores image.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

Also...in the replies...what's with the fake profiles attacking PlayStation for nonsense?

Absolute lies and baseless attacks.

• fire
Reactions: KiryuRealty

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Also...in the replies...what's with the fake profiles attacking PlayStation for nonsense?

They love their conspiracy theories and misinformation don't they? The whole "Sony invented the $70 price point" narrative has been going around for a while now. It's also hilarious how they always think it's Sony's fault when a game doesn't run as well on Xbox.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming

They love their conspiracy theories and misinformation don't they? The whole "Sony invented the $70 price point" narrative has been going around for a while now. It's also hilarious how they always think it's Sony's fault when a game doesn't run as well on Xbox.

After 15 years, we may be seeing $59.99 sunset as a price for new games. 2K has declared the next version of NBA 2K21 will be a $69.99 game.
July 6, 2020

People seem to forget that is was not Sony that started it lol

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I'm sorry to disagree in this particular case, I think 70 dollars isnt too bad but 80 euro and 90+ canadian dollars can impact peoples buying decisions and pattern of buying.... I guess the statistics from both companies are saying something similar and I would guess they are considering the amount of releases.

I think 60 dollars / euro was the perfect price point and they could have sustained it around 50-60 longer for premium releases and if they made the deluxe editions truly worthwhile, those who could afford to pay higher, would do that.

Of course some games, I will pay whatever they ask.... like most PS Studios games, because those are special games. But for a 3rd party or some game I am not sure about... I don't think it's worth the punt anymore.

I also think Sony releasing games on Steam at a potentially lower price hurts the PSN stores image.
That makes sense overseas. The prices I'm hearing are atrocious. But again the data they are using does not support the conclusion David is making. Software is down because last year was filled with back to back blockbusters like Elden Ring, HFW, etc.

I don't like articles that make up their own conclusion or headline but when you look at the data, nothing like that was said

Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
That makes sense overseas. The prices I'm hearing are atrocious. But again the data they are using does not support the conclusion David is making. Software is down because last year was filled with back to back blockbusters like Elden Ring, HFW, etc.

I don't like articles that make up their own conclusion or headline but when you look at the data, nothing like that was said

What you're saying is very true but to make a fully informed decision, I'd need to see all the data he is basing his opinion on.

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
I swear that anytime thay website gets a theory that validate there opinion they run it into the ground

VillaiN

10 Feb 2023
Last year i bought gt7, elden, hfw. This year re4 and lightfall. Manny people even less.

Is base for this software decline 68M software sold compares to 70 last year? Just lol.

• haha
Reactions: nongkris