PlayStation 5 share in France vs Xbox reaches 93% vs 7%

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023

Some very interesting statements.

Rand "America is Xbox's market".... being down 52% in Europe doesn't matter.

Jez "kids want to game on pc and don't care about console anymore"

The logic he's using doesn't work since Xbox has been consistently down in the US as well. I'm sure if you combine all of Xbox's 2023 US decline it will have hit -52%.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
The logic he's using doesn't work since Xbox has been consistently down in the US as well. I'm sure if you combine all of Xbox's 2023 US decline it will have hit -52%.

What’s this excuse they keep using about supply shortages?

If the demand for Xbox was high then why is it cheaper to get than the PS5 used?

Go to places like Cex and it is cheaper to get a Series X than a PS5.

These guys keep living in denial. Reality is the PS5 is a better console.

Those 2 publishers they bought won’t make a difference because a majority of their games are played on PC.

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
1701086264-image.png

• Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Both current gen machines underperforming there in my eyes.
Ps5 was supply constrained in France until this year, and given the 2023 sales only go up to September, it will easily break 1mil. The only console to have done so from this batch is the PS4. The last gen handheld Switch also broke 1mil a few times at a much lower RRP

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Ps5 was supply constrained in France until this year, and given the 2023 sales only go up to September, it will easily break 1mil. The only console to have done so from this batch is the PS4. The last gen handheld Switch also broke 1mil a few times at a much lower RRP

Obviously I am aware PS5 was supplied constrained everywhere until late last year.

Which is why I said I am not impressed with the sales of THIS year? Breaking 1 million was the bare minimum it should have achieved there this year.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Obviously I am aware PS5 was supplied constrained everywhere until late last year.

Which is why I said I am not impressed with the sales of THIS year? Breaking 1 million was the bare minimum it should have achieved there this year.
You're not impressed by a console which will do better than every other console on that chart? And you lump it in with Xbox?

Take the L, Jan.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
You're not impressed by a console which will do better than every other console on that chart? And you lump it in with Xbox?

Take the L, Jan.
Some of you on this site really need to relax when it comes to others opinions on Playstation 😂. Y'all literally want a hive mind on this forum. Take what L? The fact I simply don't agree with your take?

It's the first year they had ample stock and I am simply not impressed with the sales up to this point. If they don't hit 1.3 million this year, I will consider that an underperformance.

You don't need to agree with my opinion, so quit acting like a darn immature fanboy.

Last edited:
  • sad

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Some of you on this site really need to relax when it comes to others opinions on Playstation 😂. Y'all literally want a hive mind on this forum. Take what L? The fact I simply don't agree with your take?

It's the first year they had ample stock and I am simply not impressed with the sales up to this point. If they don't hit 1.3 million this year, I will consider that an underperformance.

You don't need to agree with my opinion, so quit acting like a darn immature fanboy.
You act like there isn't constant PlayStation criticism on this site, a lot of us are PS fans and there are arguments everyday. This place is far from being a hivemind.

It's just that your expectations aren't realistic and the two biggest months of the year haven't even been counted yet.

• brain

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
You act like there isn't constant PlayStation criticism on this site, a lot of us are PS fans and there are arguments everyday. This place is far from being a hivemind.

It's just that your expectations aren't realistic and the two biggest months of the year haven't even been counted yet.
Did I say this place is a hivemind? No... I said some would want it to be... So before you interject yourself at least comprehend what was stated. You're coming at me as if I'm not aware there are people here who are critical of Playstation lol... Which actually has no relation to my comment anyways.

And exactly it is my expectations and my opinion... They are over 1+ million behind PS4 launch aligned. I simply expected more units to be sold considering the abysmal stock pile France and Europe in General got last year.

Don't see why my comment is an issue here other than the fact it goes against what SOME wanna see.

• sad

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Did I say this place is a hivemind? No... I said some would want it to be... So before you interject yourself at least comprehend what was stated. You're coming at me as if I'm not aware there are people here who are critical of Playstation lol... Which actually has no relation to my comment anyways.

And exactly it is my expectations and my opinion... They are over 1+ million behind PS4 launch aligned. I simply expected more units to be sold considering the abysmal stock pile France and Europe in General got last year.

Don't see why my comment is an issue here other than the fact it goes against what SOME wanna see.
Your comment isn't an issue, it's just unrealistic and baseless. Your victimhood mentality is the real issue, no one here is "coming at you", stop acting like a victim. Sales are already up over 100% yoy and the two biggest months haven't even been counted yet. If that's underperforming in your eyes, you need new eyes.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gediminas

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Your comment isn't an issue, it's just unrealistic and baseless. Your victimhood mentality is the real issue, no one here is "coming at you", stop acting like a victim. Sales are already up over 100% yoy and the two biggest months haven't even been counted yet. If that's underperforming in your eyes, you need new eyes.
So what exactly is the issue here? Please tell me why my original comment was quoted then, oh smart one 😂.

You are coming at me, since you not only misread and misinterpreted part of my comment to suit whatever nonsensical reply you wanted to get out there.

Of course sales are gonna be up massively YOY if they couldn't even ship 400k consoles last year. You aren't even making a strong argument here.

One would expect with them finally having enough stock to go around, they would easily eclipse the peak year of PS4 and possibly at least match one of the Switch's top year since one would expect the pent up demand to be met... If they don't hit 1.3 million after the "holiday sales" you are dwelling on... Yes, it's an underperformance in my eyes.

This is suppose to be the biggest sales year ever for Playstation leading in March 2024... Guess having high expectations is suddenly delusional lmao.

Done wasting my time on this.

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
The PS5 had stock problems last year, not just in France but in almost all of Europe, which explains why sales figures were lower than usual. But this year things seem to be going much better, as can be seen everywhere, since the console is now available in sufficient quantities.
In any case, despite the difficulties (shortages, more expensive prices), it keeps pace with the PS4. Overall it remains impressive.